• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, but some people have an agenda.........LOL.
But the fact remains that we don't know that the Lakers won't offer two picks, just not two unprotected picks at this juncture.
Y'all might wanna watch Trevor Lanes podcast today.

He heavily speculated that you didn't offer a single pick.

Again: SPECULATED.

He didn't state it as fact.

Start at the 9:45 mark...

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The salaries in any Lakers/Utah trade are essentially a wash and only on the books this year. After that year, you still have at least one draft pick and $47M of vacated salary. Two years of paying Olynyk to take minutes from youngsters and no pick?
Why do they need vacated salary?

They are tanking.

Also, Olynk is.only guaranteed for 3 mil next year.

So, why eat 47 million for a guy you have no intention of playing when you can pay 1/3 of that for Olynk, who you will at least kick the tires on?

Another thing....

We don't know what the Lakers offered nor requested.

If Trevor Lane is correct that you just wanted to swap salaries, no pick, the Lakers are more delusional than Phoenix, who asked for Vanderbilt and Bogdanovic.

Clearly they aren't willing to do anything for a 1 st rounder when they already have 13 of them in the bank.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 3 star system only works if you drafted them.

It most certainly has it's draw backs when 1 of your 3 is oft-injured and the other is in his late 30:s.

You need depth.

Speaking of drafting....

Saw something interesting about the next CBA.

Sounds like they are CONSIDERING altering the punitive portion of tax payer teams when its to keep the guys they drafted.

Would make it much easier for teams like OKC, Dubs, Memphis to retain their guys.

Detroit and Cleveland too.

You need to have drafted at least one of them. The Lakers are trying to do 3 stars under the cap because they can't go over to sign the last one. That's virtually impossible.

I get it's Lebron but even his worst teams had some mid level guys. They have Bev. That's it.

Like I've said one billion times...I'd have blown it up and started over. I don't think they will be a viable contending team.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do they need vacated salary?

They are tanking.

Also, Olynk is.only guaranteed for 3 mil next year.

So, why eat 47 million for a guy you have no intention of playing when you can pay 1/3 of that for Olynk, who you will at least kick the tires on?

Another thing....

We don't know what the Lakers offered nor requested.

If Trevor Lane is correct that you just wanted to swap salaries, no pick, the Lakers are more delusional than Phoenix, who asked for Vanderbilt and Bogdanovic.

Clearly they aren't willing to do anything for a 1 st rounder when they already have 13 of them in the bank.

It's really funny watching Lakers fans wonder why a team would trade for a flyer like Lee and a movable vet like Olynyk when they have historically overvalued THT and think teams should want Russ for no penalty to them.

I honestly think Lee will have a longer career than THT.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s out of the control of the people you seemed to be placing blame on. Maybe I was mistaken. I thought you were saying this was the work of Philly’s fans. Are you saying the poor decision making of the Sixers have culpability in Ben Simmons (claimed) mental health issues?

I am saying the fans turned on him for sure.

But so did the organization when it’s best player and head coach threw him under the bus with no public sign of support of any kind.

If it just the fans, but Simmons feels support of the organization, this does not play out the way it did.

And what I am saying is that the 6ers should have traded him before everybody else knew he was a dog. Because they clearly knew a long time ago.

As soon as they turned on him publicly, they lost control of the situation.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,216.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can only imagjne the hecklers THT would have if he made 39% and 23% from the field. He's never been that god awful.

Lee is 23 and THT is just 21. LOL.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need to have drafted at least one of them. The Lakers are trying to do 3 stars under the cap because they can't go over to sign the last one. That's virtually impossible.

I get it's Lebron but even his worst teams had some mid level guys. They have Bev. That's it.

Like I've said one billion times...I'd have blown it up and started over. I don't think they will be a viable contending team.

I disagree.

Getting turner is a viable path. Plus a shooter like hield

You could eventually stack a coupe of contracts and seconds to get that wing

You only need to be like 7-8 deep to win

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree.

Getting turner is a viable path. Plus a shooter like hield

You could eventually stack a coupe of contracts and seconds to get that wing

You only need to be like 7-8 deep to win

Yes if you they manage to flip russ for Turner and hield that is a viable path.

They will not however.

Unless they make those picks unprotected

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes if you they manage to flip russ for Turner and hield that is a viable path.

They will not however.

Unless they make those picks unprotected

Which they should

You’re taking a huge risk better on kyrie taking a paycut vs becoming a contender today

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was told by Philly fans that sniffing used jock straps is fun.

Weird stuff, Philly fans. :crazy:

they do live in this weird version of reality where South Carolina is a college football dynasty and Ben Simmons sacrifices small children to a pagan cult or some shit...

Last edited:

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers are not going to engage in anymore trade scenarios and they will go into the season with Westbrook. They'll attempt to play him but if all falls apart, they'll Wall him.

Ainge took the Detroit deal to bring some of the players he selected while with the Celtics, one of whom being Olynyk. Yep, he screwed the Lakers twice for sure and he was hoping they give him those two Number Ones he wanted.

Because of the Gobert trade and Ainge's demand for alot of draft picks (sometimes unreasonably so), guys like Ainge and the Nets have become uber greedy in getting a huge booty for desired players. Indiana, who back in the summer was willing to move both Turner and Hield for a Number One and maybe a Number Two suddenly started wanting a couple of Number Ones just for Turner. Call it the Ainge/Gobert/Nets effect.

The Lakers decided they were not going get caught-up in being taken to future draft picks hell just because they have/had a near desperate desire to move Westbrook. They then released the condition that no Number Ones unless the return made them a contender.

So the impasse between Ainge and the Lakers took hold and voila, the Lakers are going into the season with Westbrook on their roster.
Its only greedy if you don't get any takers. If you do it's shrewd