• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't put any of this on Nash. Things would have been different if Kyrie wasn't so selfish. If KD & Kyrie end up staying in Brooklyn & Nash is gone I hope the organization gets the next HC a bench shrink. A psychologist will be needed when Kyrie goes into his me time zone.
Nash is not a good coach of on a X's and O's stanspoint.

He has no idea what the word " adjustment " even means.

I know Kerr made it look easy.

But, you can't just hire a white guy named Steve, with zero coaching experience, and expect to be successful enough immediately.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can you judge his true coaching abilities with the circus he's had to deal with in Brooklyn?

Spo wouldn't have had success trying to deal with the Nets dysfunction.

There was no dysfunction im 2021. Inconsistent rotations and very little in game adjustments is sign of a shitty coach

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... I know Kerr made it look easy.

But, you can't just hire a white guy named Steve, with zero coaching experience, and expect to be successful enough immediately.
What about Steve Buscemi?

ExcitableAcceptableFlyinglemur-size_restricted.gif

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also as much dysfunction as there was this past season, your offensive approach should have way more movement than it had. The whole stand around and lets watch kd/kyrie is a philosophy thing.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was no dysfunction im 2021. Inconsistent rotations and very little in game adjustments is sign of a shitty coach

During the 2020-21 season KD only played 35 games. That season Kyrie only played 54 games.

Don't think Nash had anything to do with that.

Nash ended up in a no-win situation. Injuries and attitude derailed everything in Brooklyn for the Big Three.

And this past season KD only played in 55 games and Kyrie played in 29.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about Steve Buscemi?

ExcitableAcceptableFlyinglemur-size_restricted.gif
Wonder > Buscemi > Rogers....lol

ConAir, the Sopranos, Boardwalk Empire, Armageddon, Reservoir Dogs, Fargo.....

One of the most underappreciated actors in history.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder > Buscemi > Rogers....lol

ConAir, the Sopranos, Boardwalk Empire, Armageddon, Reservoir Dogs, Fargo.....

One of the most underappreciated actors in history.

He looks like a sleazy used car salesman. But he's a damn good actor.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
During the 2020-21 season KD only played 35 games. That season Kyrie only played 54 games.

Don't think Nash had anything to do with that.

Nash ended up in a no-win situation. Injuries and attitude derailed everything in Brooklyn for the Big Three.

And this past season KD only played in 55 games and Kyrie played in 29.

Several articles came out during the 1st round when the talking heads were calling for his firing.

He's not a good coach.

The fact that He has no control over the numbskulls in that lockerrom is just the final nail in his coffin...

Steve Nash should be in his final days as Nets coach, according to Stephen A. Smith.

“Steve Nash has to go,” Smith said Monday on ESPN’s First Take, hours before the Nets will host the Celtics in an elimination game at Barclays Center, down 3-0 to Boston in the best-of-seven first-round playoff series.

“I like the man personally. I think he’s a good man. I’m not questioning his basketball knowledge. He’s never coached on any level. This season has proven, considering the absence of adjustments both offensively and defensively and the lack of impact he’s had on the roster that’s been given to him.

“As much of a mess as it has been, either [Nash’s] competence level is not what it needs to be, or they didn’t listen to you. You can’t have these guys back and Steve Nash still coaching them. That’s not going to cut it.”

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, @Wamu

I'm not sure Durant's stance is as out of left field as I initially thought.

If Nash gets the axe, it will be for the same reason he got the job in the first place...

Kevin Durant.

Marc Stein wrote this in April.

The part that stands out to me is his use of the word "yet".

Welp

NBA insider Marc Stein reported on Monday that head coach Steve Nash "is likely to avoid being rendered management's fall guy for the Nets' meek playoff showing," citing a source close to the situation.

Stein added that it will be key for Nash to retain the support of Tsai and Kevin Durant.

"My personal sense is that Nets owner Joe Tsai is far too impulsive and unpredictable to read in terms of how he'll react to a lopsided first-round ouster," Stein writes (h/t Bleacher Report). "Nash landed the Nets' job with no prior coaching experience largely because he had the backing of Kevin Durant as well as the gravitas to manage a team built around the mercurial Durant and Kyrie Irving. There is no evidence in circulation—yet—to suggest that Nash is in some sort of jeopardy ... as long as he retains the support of Tsai and (more importantly) Durant.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can you judge his true coaching abilities with the circus he's had to deal with in Brooklyn?

Spo wouldn't have had success trying to deal with the Nets dysfunction.

Give him another shot with a young team. I am fine with that.

But it is abundantly clear he is not the man for the Nets.

Sure there has been drama, but there is zero evidence of Nash adding value and he clearly does not have the respect of the best players on the team.

He has to go.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Several articles came out during the 1st round when the talking heads were calling for his firing.

He's not a good coach.

The fact that He has no control over the numbskulls in that lockerrom is just the final nail in his coffin...

Steve Nash should be in his final days as Nets coach, according to Stephen A. Smith.

“Steve Nash has to go,” Smith said Monday on ESPN’s First Take, hours before the Nets will host the Celtics in an elimination game at Barclays Center, down 3-0 to Boston in the best-of-seven first-round playoff series.

“I like the man personally. I think he’s a good man. I’m not questioning his basketball knowledge. He’s never coached on any level. This season has proven, considering the absence of adjustments both offensively and defensively and the lack of impact he’s had on the roster that’s been given to him.

“As much of a mess as it has been, either [Nash’s] competence level is not what it needs to be, or they didn’t listen to you. You can’t have these guys back and Steve Nash still coaching them. That’s not going to cut it.”

Okay fair enough. I still say he was given a circus to coach though. But I'll take your word, and others, on this.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give him another shot with a young team. I am fine with that.

But it is abundantly clear he is not the man for the Nets.

Sure there has been drama, but there is zero evidence of Nash adding value and he clearly does not have the respect of the best players on the team.

He has to go.

Yeah if the best player doesn't like the HC it's bye-bye coach.

You have any suggestions on who would be a good fit for the Nets?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, @Wamu

I'm not sure Durant's stance is as out of left field as I initially thought.

If Nash gets the axe, it will be for the same reason he got the job in the first place...

Kevin Durant.

Marc Stein wrote this in April.

The part that stands out to me is his use of the word "yet".

Welp

NBA insider Marc Stein reported on Monday that head coach Steve Nash "is likely to avoid being rendered management's fall guy for the Nets' meek playoff showing," citing a source close to the situation.

Stein added that it will be key for Nash to retain the support of Tsai and Kevin Durant.

"My personal sense is that Nets owner Joe Tsai is far too impulsive and unpredictable to read in terms of how he'll react to a lopsided first-round ouster," Stein writes (h/t Bleacher Report). "Nash landed the Nets' job with no prior coaching experience largely because he had the backing of Kevin Durant as well as the gravitas to manage a team built around the mercurial Durant and Kyrie Irving. There is no evidence in circulation—yet—to suggest that Nash is in some sort of jeopardy ... as long as he retains the support of Tsai and (more importantly) Durant.

Thanks for posting that.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I haven't been here a ton the last week.

But, did you see Lavar get kicked out of the Drew League?

As for a Coaching candidate, how about Sam Cassell?

Snyder is out there as well.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nash is not a good coach of on a X's and O's stanspoint.

He has no idea what the word " adjustment " even means.

I know Kerr made it look easy.

Why you gotta hate on white guys named Steve? I have a good friend who's a white guy named Steve. :D

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't been here a ton the last week.

But, did you see Lavar get kicked out of the Drew League?

As for a Coaching candidate, how about Sam Cassell?

Snyder is out there as well.

Sam would end up kicking KD's ass. lol

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also as much dysfunction as there was this past season, your offensive approach should have way more movement than it had. The whole stand around and lets watch kd/kyrie is a philosophy thing.
Pretty sure Scott Brooks invented that for KD and another guy.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mark Jackson

Crazy coaching crazy.

It would be a perfect fit!