• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'd be stupid to do that.
He has 2 years left on his deal, I guess you can’t blame him for trying but it’s not even time yet. He knows his game is headed downward.

Reactions: DJ

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still stunned Vin passed away.

Know he was that age where it could happen but daaaaaaaaaaamn.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still stunned Vin passed away.

Know he was that age where it could happen but daaaaaaaaaaamn.

He's the voice in my head for all my childhood baseball memories (and many of the later ones as well). He's been with us for so long that it's hard to imagine that he no longer will be (even though he retired several years ago). Thanks for everything, Vin.... RIP.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's the voice in my head for all my childhood baseball memories (and many of the later ones as well). He's been with us for so long that it's hard to imagine that he no longer will be (even though he retired several years ago). Thanks for everything, Vin.... RIP.
If I want somebody narrating my life.....it's a tossup between Vin, Chick and Morgan Freeman.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In my teens and early 20s, during the summer, when the Dodgers had a day game, I used to love to go to the beach with a radio and listen to Vin call the game.

Reactions: DJ

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very interesting information from 98.5 FM The Sports Hub in Boston.

Kevin Durant will be meeting with ownership and staff Friday. Nothing solid, but word is that he demanded the meeting.

Per 98.5 several teams are really pissed with the Nets GM and Coach. Seems that every team that has talked about Durant has had their talks end up in their local paper. Boston is really pissed because Jaylen Brown's name got leaked to the Boston Globe and the Boston Herald on the same day. It appears that the Nets are calling the papers and dropping names to get the player or players pissed off at their team and the Nets then are claiming that the player isn't happy and wants to be traded and then they ask for more towards the trade. They apparently did it tpo force Boston to give them Marcus Smart with Brown and Derrick White. Since it happened in more than two cities, the league is going to look into it.

Makes one wonder just how petty the tricks will get in order to get one's advantage in a deal. And how much someone else will bitch to turn the table.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kevin Durant will be meeting with ownership and staff Friday. Nothing solid, but word is that he demanded the meeting.

Per 98.5 several teams are really pissed with the Nets GM and Coach. Seems that every team that has talked about Durant has had their talks end up in their local paper. Boston is really pissed because Jaylen Brown's name got leaked to the Boston Globe and the Boston Herald on the same day. It appears that the Nets are calling the papers and dropping names to get the player or players pissed off at their team and the Nets then are claiming that the player isn't happy and wants to be traded and then they ask for more towards the trade. They apparently did it tpo force Boston to give them Marcus Smart with Brown and Derrick White. Since it happened in more than two cities, the league is going to look into it.

Makes one wonder just how petty the tricks will get in order to get one's advantage in a deal. And how much someone else will bitch to turn the table.

If true, this could get pretty interesting.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I want somebody narrating my life.....it's a tossup between Vin, Chick and Morgan Freeman.
Morgan Freeman? Are you a penguin?

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I predict in this meeting they will convince KD to run it back one more year, with Kyrie no longer a vaccine headache and playing for another contract, and Simmons and other pieces added. KD would be dumb not to do that. If this year sucks then they can trade him and let Kyrie walk and start over.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well fuck, @Mecca

Paige bueckers just tore her acl

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nets being Nets.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well fuck, @Mecca

Paige bueckers just tore her acl
Damn....

That really sucks.

I hope she recovers completely because I think she has a chance of being even better than Ionescu.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I predict in this meeting they will convince KD to run it back one more year, with Kyrie no longer a vaccine headache and playing for another contract, and Simmons and other pieces added. KD would be dumb not to do that. If this year sucks then they can trade him and let Kyrie walk and start over.
I tend to think what happens here is KD chooses to really get their attention.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to think what happens here is KD chooses to really get their attention.
Nah, I really think he can be/will be convinced this is the best place for him for the next year

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, I really think he can be/will be convinced this is the best place for him for the next year
Anyone ever consider that he just might say, "If you don't trade me, I ain't playin' this year. I got a shit ton of money and I'll take a vacation."

No one is going to pressure him to do anything. They might beg on their hands and knees. Pressure him, hell no.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone ever consider that he just might say, "If you don't trade me, I ain't playin' this year. I got a shit ton of money and I'll take a vacation."
Some players might do that (Ben Simmons) but not a guy like KD who is totally focused on the game he loves to play (no wife or kids even).
No one is going to pressure him to do anything. They might beg on their hands and knees. Pressure him, hell no.
It will be neither. It will be the Nets selling him on exactly what I said: give it one more year (he's under contract for 4 more after all), with a full year (no vaccine bullshit) playing with the guy you specifically came here to play with (Kyrie). Plus a really good complimentary piece in Simmons, plus other pieces they added. That roster is every bit as good as the other teams in the East.