• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did no one just watch the 2022 nba playoffs?

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even then, 2016 only happened because Barnes shot lower than his age from 3 on 85 wide open attempts
No I meant the chatter when they got Durant, a lot of people were like "bad move for Golden State you give up too much depth". That was funny.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I meant the chatter when they got Durant, a lot of people were like "bad move for Golden State you give up too much depth". That was funny.

Oh. Yeah. Laughable concept

They were always going to get ring chasers

That’s how you get depth

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's gotta be Siakam or Barnes. If they can't get Barnes, I'm sure Siakam is still a somewhat attractive piece but his contract is the difference. Barnes is the much more valuable piece. They are more of a contender if they keep Siakam now and adding KD but the future is brighter keeping Barnes. Tough decisions giving up a young player for a 34 year old that is somewhat injury prone.

If they are giving up a ton of assets for 34 year old
Durant, it is a pretty easy call IMO.

You trade Barnes.

Siakim’s window lines up better with Durant and Barnes is a lot more valuable in trade.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats way too much
3 players who averaged over 18 a gane last year plus picks

Masai hangs up the phone
Trent/OG/Precious + picks works cap-wise, but doesn't seem enough for the Nets? Maybe include Koloko?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they're throwing out Ingram trades and I'm pretty sure he would also violate that stupid rule, just like Bam and Porter Jr do.

That' might be PHX's biggest advantage with Bridges and picks is that he doesn't violate that silly rule.

That just means including Simmons and a third team (like Portland?). Simmons is still a moveable asset.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An appropriate mix makes perfect sense. Wanting 60 percent of a 4 seed playoff teams roster AND picks is just plain greedy.
Shit, I would be greedy too. KD might be 34 but we have never seen a player ask out to this caliber

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they are giving up a ton of assets for 34 year old
Durant, it is a pretty easy call IMO.

You trade Barnes.

Siakim’s window lines up better with Durant and Barnes is a lot more valuable in trade.
So you have Siakam, KD and FVV. That isn't better than a couple big 3's already out there.

Sorry I'm not doing it if Barnes is included with Trent and OG.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you have Siakam, KD and FVV. That isn't better than a couple big 3's already out there.

Sorry I'm not doing it if Barnes is included with Trent and OG.

They still have solid depth beyond the guys going out.

And I disagree on the big 3’s.

Only 1 that is even comparable is Milwaukee. And then LA if they land Kyrie.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They still have solid depth beyond the guys going out.

And I disagree on the big 3’s.

Only 1 that is even comparable is Milwaukee. And then LA if they land Kyrie.
Not a fan of depth either. Depth matters. Boston is better and they improved their depth. Miami is right there too. Like I said, it makes them a top 4 team in the east but one injury and that team is having problems. If I was TOR I would not trade for him and yes, I would rarely say that about a team.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not seeing any reports that say Toronto is willing to include Barnes and it's been like that since day one.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howard Beck from SI.com was on talk radio here today, had some good points:

- Nets have no use for Westbrook so if the Lakers get Kyrie it will have to be a 3+ team trade. Nets are not doing a teardown.

- While it may bum out Warriors fans to lose Payton, they really need to start getting the young 3 into the rotation in their 2nd years (Wiseman is technically 3rd year but hasn't played so...), it would have been a mistake to keep Porter and Payton not just financially. It shouldn't be a problem if the young guys can play. I agree.

- So much of the stuff being talked about with KD is nonsense, there are so many people covering the NBA, so many websites and TV hours and newspapers to fill, and very few big stories in the offseason, so every little thing will get discussed. But much of the discussion is pretty unlikely including GS getting him. Says it's not happening and I tend to agree.

- This was the most interesting part. KD is a total basketball junkie. Dude isn't even married or a dad yet because he just lives and breathes the sport. He's the opposite of guys like Ben Simmons that way, all he wants to do is hoop. He's got 4 years left on his deal and the Nets don't really have to deal him...he won't sit out for weeks let alone a whole year. And they can sell him on the fact that they still have a good team and can add pieces with whatever they get for Kyrie. They have Simmons, an all NBA level defender and playmaker, they have shooters (Curry and Harris), they added TJ Warren and Royce O'Neal, they could easily sell him on staying. His business is based in NYC too.

- Extending the idea, Beck compared KD to Kobe Bryant, another basketball junkie who lived for the sport. Kobe also demanded a trade, very publicly like on a radio station, but then the Lakers worked with him, cooler heads prevailed, they got Gasol and the rest was history. He thinks the chances KD stays are actually quite high.