• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he can skyrocket his value. I would venture to say just a one year deal. Like I said, idk the Cavs plans or if they think they will get Lebron next year but it is more likely if Kyrie doesn't join the Lakers
I still think it's highly doubtful we get him.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talking about some really late firsts here

3 of them went for pick 11 last week

For the next couple years, yes.

When you go that far in the future though, those picks have value.

Because 2 of their 3 best players are getting up in age should they land KD.

Very possible (if not likely) that the Suns are back in the lottery halfway through that pick time frame.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one difference is that, from a basketball perspective, Westbrook was always going to be a tough fit. With the stories that have come out, apparently Westbrook was a locker room problem as well.

At least with Kyrie, he makes sense from a basketball perspective. It very well could blow up anyway, but it won't be because he was a bad on court fit.

He isn’t an ideal on court fit either though.

LeBron has always been drawn to ball dominant scoring guards.

But the reality is that is not who he fits best with.

Just another example of LeBron the GM being less than stellar.

Maybe at this stage in LeBron’s career he is actually ready to move off the ball and let Kyrie run the offense, but that has never been who LeBron is.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is true about Kyrie’s sane years.

But, do you really think that was a product of LeBron’s leadership?

Or was it just that he was a young player still working to prove himself and find his place?

I think it is a lot more likely the later. Kyrie don’t listen to anybody.
Kyrie doesn't listen to anybody is right. If the Lakers keep Westbrook and Irving is brought-in, it will an unmitigated disaster eventually. James has been touted by some on here as the elixir to make it all work. This is the same guy that was consulted and provided his approval and support (as a de facto GM) for signing a whole slew of geriatric players which resulted in last year's disaster.

James may have some influence, but as KD discovered, a "guardian" of Irving is temporary and eventually Kyrie does what he wants. And this scenario and beliefs are all suppose to be honkie dorey while Ham is trying to convince his roster to play defense.

This is going to end badly and we will be right back to where the Lakers are right now- a mess with major holes in their roster and basketball operations and little financial acumen to do anything meaningful about it.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,885.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie doesn't listen to anybody is right. If the Lakers keep Westbrook and Irving is brought-in, it will an unmitigated disaster eventually. James has been touted by some on here as the elixir to make it all work. This is the same guy that was consulted and provided his approval and support for signing a whole slew of geriatric players which resulted in last year's disaster.

James may have some influence, but as KD discovered, a "guardian" of Irving is temporary and eventually Kyrie does what he wants. And this scenario and beliefs are all suppose to be honkie dorey while Ham is trying to convince his roster to play defense.

This is going to end badly and we will be right back to where the Lakers are right now- a mess with major holes in their roster and basketball operations and little financial acumen to do anything meaningful about it.
There is no chance they would keep RW and Irving.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,885.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s why the Sixers can’t hang. Maxey would be better than any player coming back but Sixers don’t have the draft capital that Suns do. I posted my pivot earlier, Morey needs to be a shoulder to cry on for Marks. This guy has one chance to survive. Morey needs to facilitate for Bridges as he sells the analytics of Simmons/Harris. Simmons is his only asset right now. If Simmons hits he can repair his image. Harris is money and fit for a KD trade that can be really heavily slanted for picks.

Here’s the dream I just put through the trade machine:
Suns - KD
Nets - Tobias Harris, Torrey Craig, 4 1sts from Suns, 2-3 pick swaps from Suns, 2 future Sixer firsts 2 Sixers pick swaps
Sixers - Mikal Bridges, Jae Crowder, and Cam Johnson
LOL.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted him.

Damn.
You got Damian Jones instead

donald trump lol GIF by NowThis

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no chance they would keep RW and Irving.
What are the available options to move Westbrook: Trade in the future at the deadline, maybe, nobody wants this guy; Buy him out; Let him walk after the completion of the contract both options losing 47 mill. So until the Lakers move Westbrook, Irving will not be brought-in according to you?? If they do bring Irving in before they move Westbrook then I suppose James will be the de facto mediator on and off the court??