• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Lions prospects

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He hasn't dropped many passes in his CFB career

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe if they did draft Dotson, they could double up in the 3rd round with former Cincy WR Alec Pierce or Christian Watson for the possible X WR.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind this type of draft to start out with so long as none of the WR - Wilson, Burks, London, Williams and Olave were already off the board and that would have to include LB Lloyd and Dean also off the board.

I'm not truly into drafting small receivers like Dotson this early as I believe you can find close to similar type receivers' late day 3. Whoever that may be might not become as good as Dotson is projected but that's where you'll usually find those type of receivers.

I'm really high on Safety Daxton Hill at that spot of No. 34

Pick No. 2: Kayvon Thibodeaux, EDGE, Oregon

Pick No. 32: Jahan Dotson, WR, Penn. State

Pick No. 34: Daxton Hill, Safety, Michigan

That is a lot of speed. This certainly would be acceptable for me.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are quite a few OLB/Edge available in this draft. Former FSU OLB/Edge, Jermaine Johnson, might be the best at setting the Edge against the run. He has lots of room to grow as a Pass Rusher.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was an article referencing Dan Campbell speaking about how impressed he was with Florida RB Dameon Pierce, but i can't find that article.

Lions general manager Brad Holmes’ tendency to drafting running backs—he took one last season, and the Rams drafted a running back in six of the eight years he was their college scouting director—and it seems inevitable the Lions will grab a running back in the draft more often than not.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Corner

American: Tariq Wollen, UTSA (20)
National: Coby Bryant, Cincinnati (29)

No player has seen his stock rise more than Wollen this week. Often thought of as a mid-Day 3 pick with upside, the 6-foot-3 1⁄2, 205 pounds former receiver recorded the fastest GPS speed at the Senior Bowl, and proved he should be considered in the top-100 picks.

As impressive as Wollen is, Bryant (6-foot-1 1⁄2, 191 pounds) also more than exceeded his expectations. He came into this week firmly as a Day 2 pick, but now should be in the top-50 conversation and wouldn’t be out of the question at pick No. 34 for the Lions.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the following link should you have an anti-banner or private browser feature, you'll have to disable it temporarily. I could only get the first 15 players before an ad/subscription requirement popped up. This link is one of the Main Tools Holmes has previously spoken about rather than a players forty time.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was an article referencing Dan Campbell speaking about how impressed he was with Florida RB Dameon Pierce, but i can't find that article.

Lions general manager Brad Holmes’ tendency to drafting running backs—he took one last season, and the Rams drafted a running back in six of the eight years he was their college scouting director—and it seems inevitable the Lions will grab a running back in the draft more often than not.

This might be the first year in a very long time that we really dont need a RB.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are quite a few OLB/Edge available in this draft. Former FSU OLB/Edge, Jermaine Johnson, might be the best at setting the Edge against the run. He has lots of room to grow as a Pass Rusher.

I would be OK with trading Flowers and resigning C Harris. Then drafting an edge guy. Hopefully the Okwara brothers are healthy or we may need to draft 2.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This might be the first year in a very long time that we really dont need a RB.

Jemar Jefferson doesn't offer anything for ST and that's a huge knock against him. Igwebuike fumbles too much, so that leaves Swift, Williams and maybe "Netflix" - C. Reynolds.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be OK with trading Flowers

Speaking of this topic, I ran across this article today. Man, it would be great to trade him but that damn salary is so high. They might need to eat 3-4M of his 2022 base salary in order to work a trade. IDK.

he Lions find a willing taker for EDGE Trey Flowers and his $16 million per year salary in the Houston Texans.

The return will not be commensurate with the salary, unfortunately. But the Texans, who desperately need pass rushing muscle, find their “heavy” DE to anchor the strong side in new head coach Lovie Smith’s patented Tampa-2 defense, though Smith has deviated from strictly rolling with that scheme.

Houston sends a fourth-round pick in 2022 (acquired from the Rams, ironically) and a conditional pick in 2023 that is either a third or a fifth based on Flowers’ playing time.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could live with this possible scenario

The Lions capitalize on the desperation of the New York Jets to land a premium pass rusher for head coach Robert Saleh and his defense. The Jets trade up from No. 4 to No. 2 to land Michigan’s Aidan Hutchinson.

Detroit scores the No. 4 overall pick and the Jets’ own second-round pick in 2022 at No. 35 overall, plus a 2023 second-round pick.

At No. 4, the Lions take someone they very well could take if they stay at No. 2, Oregon EDGE Kayvon Thibodeaux. After the Jaguars go with Alabama OT Evan Neal at the top spot, the Jets snag Hutchinson and the Texans roll with Notre Dame safety Kyle Hamilton, it’s a pretty easy choice to select Thibodeaux.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jemar Jefferson doesn't offer anything for ST and that's a huge knock against him. Igwebuike fumbles too much, so that leaves Swift, Williams and maybe "Netflix" - C. Reynolds.
I agree but for some reason the staff likes those 2. Plus there are so many other pressing needs that RB would most like be a late round or UDFA. We need 2WR, TE, S, DE, LB, CB all before another RB.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of this topic, I ran across this article today. Man, it would be great to trade him but that damn salary is so high. They might need to eat 3-4M of his 2022 base salary in order to work a trade. IDK.

he Lions find a willing taker for EDGE Trey Flowers and his $16 million per year salary in the Houston Texans.

The return will not be commensurate with the salary, unfortunately. But the Texans, who desperately need pass rushing muscle, find their “heavy” DE to anchor the strong side in new head coach Lovie Smith’s patented Tampa-2 defense, though Smith has deviated from strictly rolling with that scheme.

Houston sends a fourth-round pick in 2022 (acquired from the Rams, ironically) and a conditional pick in 2023 that is either a third or a fifth based on Flowers’ playing time.
Part one of the trade is retarded. We are trading a low salary young TE for a high salary injury prone WR and letting TW3 walk. Stupid IMO. How about just use that extra salary on TW3. The rest I like especially the draft.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but for some reason the staff likes those 2. Plus there are so many other pressing needs that RB would most like be a late round or UDFA. We need 2WR, TE, S, DE, LB, CB all before another RB.

I don't see Holmes drafting an RB prior to any of those Day 3 picks.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Michigan​

Vincent Gray, DB

Hassan Haskins, RB

Dax Hill, DB

Chris Hinton, DL

Aidan Hutchinson, DL

David Ojabo, DL

Josh Ross, LB

Andrew Stueber, OL

Michigan State​

Connor Heyward, TE

Jalen Nailor, WR

Kenneth Walker III, RB

Central Michigan​

Luke Goedeke, OL

Bernhard Raimann, OL

Western Michigan​

Kaleb Eleby, QB

Skyy Moore, WR

Others​

Ahmad Gardner, DB, Cincinnati (Detroit King)

Marquan McCall, NT, Kentucky (Oak Park)

Eyioma Uwazurike, DL, Iowa State (Southfield-Lathrup)

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BB_72: I'm completely shocked by the Reed Blankenship snub, but it happens every year with one or more players that I expected to get the invite.

40-YARD DASH​

Daxton Hill, S, Michigan

The same athlete that recorded a 43-plus inch vertical and sub-4.3 40 at the prep level, Hill is EXPLOSIVE and should test extremely well. A versatile safety that has the ability to play at every level of the defense with success, his stock will rise—even further—after his combine performance.

Tariq Woolen, CB, UTSA

One of the “freak” athletes of the class, Woolen has the chance to win the combine. An athletically gifted prospect, he will shine in multiple events. Don’t be surprised if he wins both the 40 and the vertical jump, which I’ll get to in a little bit.

VERTICAL JUMP

Daxton Hill, S, Michigan

The standout athlete of the 2019 HS class, he could challenge Gerald Sensabaugh’s record of 46 inches after recording a 43.6-inch vertical in 2019. He’s stronger, faster, and even more explosive now.

Tariq Woolen, CB, UTSA

I told you he’d be back. Arguably the favorite alongside Hill to win the event, after a standout session in Mobile, putting up elite numbers in Indianapolis could etch his name as a surefire second-round talent.