• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Lions prospects

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back when we did luck into high end talent with early picks, they came with high end contracts.
We can’t even time our horrible years right.
At the very least those high draft picks can no longer hold out until they get the money that they think their worth. Just think if JaMarcus Russell would've dropped to #2 and Calvin Johnson was drafted #1 overall.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the very least those high draft picks can no longer hold out until they get the money that they think their worth. Just think if JaMarcus Russell would've dropped to #2 and Calvin Johnson was drafted #1 overall.
We prolly wouldn’t have won a playoff game since 1991 if that happened.

Wait…

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We prolly wouldn’t have won a playoff game since 1991 if that happened.

Wait…
See the source image

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a pretty shitty draft.

Yeah but still a ton of good players.
Nothing wrong with taking that Drake London guy from USC with one of the top 3 picks we got.
Along with defense with the other 2.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Traded with the NY Giants... Pick #5 and #7 for our #2

#5 George Karlaftis - EDGE
#7 Ahmad Gardner - CB
#28 Devin Lloyd - LB
#34 Perrion Winfrey - DT
#66 George Pickens - WR
#98 Marquis Hayes - OG
#176 Bo Melton - WR
#181 Bubba Bolden - S
#218 Christopher Allen - EDGE
#233 Jalen Graham - LB

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I passed on Treylon Burks and Drake London at 28 because Gardener was there. Passed on London again for Dean. I absolutely ignored our weakest position, but I felt like those 3 on defense was too good of an add to pass up.
1642628585589.png

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I passed on Treylon Burks and Drake London at 28 because Gardener was there. Passed on London again for Dean. I absolutely ignored our weakest position, but I felt like those 3 on defense was too good of an add to pass up.
I pass on Drake London all the time, I don't believe he would be a true #1. WR's I target in latter rounds are... #40 David Bell, #75 George Pickens, #84 John Metchie III, #89 Alec Pierce and #205 Bo Melton.

For the Lions needs I pick from... EDGE - LB - OG (1) - S - WR and at times I don't pass on a CB (1) or DT (1).

Last edited:

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trades with JETS (#4-#10 for #2), LAC (#17 and #48 for #10), COLTS (#82, #119 and #238 for #79 and #169), EAGLES (#121 and #209 for #119), BILLS (#129 and #169 for #121) & TITANS (#133 and #173 for #120).

#4 Aidan Hutchinson - EDGE
#17 Devin Lloyd - LB
#28 Drake Jackson - EDGE (DE/OLB)
#34 Lewis Cine - S
#48 George Pickens - WR
#82 John Metchie III - WR
#98 Marquis Hayes - OG
#129 Isaiah Pola-Mao - S
#133 Ali Gaye - EDGE
#173 Tyreke Smith - EDGE
#176 Bo Melton - WR
#181 Bubba Bolden - S
#209 Jack Sanborn - LB
#233 Hank Bachmeier - QB
#238 Kana'i Mauga - LB

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have problems trading back for more draft picks... FOR this year and next year!!!

Traded with the NY Giants... Pick #5 and #7 for our #2

#5 George Karlaftis - EDGE
#7 Ahmad Gardner - CB
#28 Devin Lloyd - LB
#34 Perrion Winfrey - DT
#66 George Pickens - WR
#98 Marquis Hayes - OG
#176 Bo Melton - WR
#181 Bubba Bolden - S
#233 Jalen Graham - LB

Trades with JETS (#4-#10 for #2), LAC (#17 and #48 for #10), COLTS (#82, #119 and #238 for #79 and #169), EAGLES (#121 and #209 for #119), BILLS (#129 and #169 for #121) & TITANS (#133 and #173 for #120).

#4 Aidan Hutchinson - EDGE
#17 Devin Lloyd - LB
#28 Drake Jackson - EDGE (DE/OLB)
#34 Lewis Cine - S
#48 George Pickens - WR
#82 John Metchie III - WR
#98 Marquis Hayes - OG
#129 Isaiah Pola-Mao - S
#133 Ali Gaye - EDGE
#173 Tyreke Smith - EDGE
#176 Bo Melton - WR
#181 Bubba Bolden - S
#209 Jack Sanborn - LB
#233 Hank Bachmeier - QB
#238 Kana'i Mauga - LB
and yet you back-peddle yet another time or two or ten. :pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:

You state your belief in having problems trading back this year or next and then go on to post your ridiculous Mock Drafts.

The Lions surely couldn't afford to draft 16 players even from a financial aspect nor the logical reason that it would be ludicrous to do such a thing and waste it's financial resources or simply having that many rookies vying for spots. But you're a knowledgeable football guy through and through.

Of course, you'll come back with the bullshit statement, "Man, I was simply playing around". LOL

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I will believe it when I see it.

Soon to be former Georgia WR, George Pickens, tore his ACL during spring practice in March of 2021 and was back on the field by their last regular season game against Georgia Tech. They slowly gave him reps to re-acclimate to actual football games, so anything is possible. Pickens clearly didn't show the speed he had prior to his spring injury but that seam route he ran against Bama in their CFB Championship Game displayed shows he's well on his way to re-gain what he once had and after only 7 months.

Pickens is a head-case though and is very immature and it's showed during games whether it was on the field of play or on the sideline. He also is a willing blocker, so I highly doubt he would be considered by the Lions going by previous game film. Maybe, he's matured mentally, but his lack of wilingness to block in the run or pass game should be considered as not a fit.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Only four players declined their Senior Bowl invitations.

“There’s only three seniors that declined the invite,” Nagy said. “No four–four. Aidan Hutchinson from Michigan, Chris Olave the receiver from Ohio State and Jordan Davis the nose tackle from Georgia. And then an offensive lineman from Ohio State, Thayer Munford.”

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soon to be former Georgia WR, George Pickens, tore his ACL during spring practice in March of 2021 and was back on the field by their last regular season game against Georgia Tech. They slowly gave him reps to re-acclimate to actual football games, so anything is possible. Pickens clearly didn't show the speed he had prior to his spring injury but that seam route he ran against Bama in their CFB Championship Game displayed shows he's well on his way to re-gain what he once had and after only 7 months.

Pickens is a head-case though and is very immature and it's showed during games whether it was on the field of play or on the sideline. He also is a willing blocker, so I highly doubt he would be considered by the Lions going by previous game film. Maybe, he's matured mentally, but his lack of wilingness to block in the run or pass game should be considered as not a fit.
Not saying it is impossible but I am not going to assume that it will happen just because they said so. I would not gamble with early round picks. If he slips to round 3 then sure.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hate to say it but NO to all of these guys except Zappe who was basically dissed in the article. On the bright side he said about Zappe exactly what everyone said about Brady when he came out.

TE Bellinger is the only one worth a good look for the middle rounds and then maybe one of first 3 OL in the later rounds.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions surely couldn't afford to draft 16 players even from a financial aspect nor the logical reason that it would be ludicrous to do such a thing and waste it's financial resources or simply having that many rookies vying for spots. But you're a knowledgeable football guy through and through.
The only time a drafted rookie will count against the CAP is if a team has less than 51 players. During the offseason the NFL rosters expand to 90 players and only the top 51 players count against the SALARY CAP. If signing a Rookie puts a team over the CAP they will not be permitted to sign the player until they have the CAP room to do so.
and yet you back-peddle yet another time or two or ten. :pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:
If the Lions were building a Championship Team rather than "just doing enough" to sell tickets, then I would have a different out look. But until I see it I'm not buying the Kool-Aid. Paraphrasing Dominic Raiola "Don't support us until we win!!"
You state your belief in having problems trading back this year or next and then go on to post your ridiculous Mock Drafts.
A Mock Draft Simulator isn't accurate for what the Lions will do. No one really knows what they'll do in Free Agency, whom they might Trade, whom they might Cut or whom they'll Resign until they do it. At this point and time I have mostly defense with WR's and OG on offense. I've seen Mock drafts with the Lions taking a QB in this year draft... I disagree. I don't say Goff is an elite QB, but, I can sure as heck say the offense isn't anywhere near being elite by any means to throw Goff under the BUS.
Of course, you'll come back with the bullshit statement, "Man, I was simply playing around". LOL
Lions fans can only dream.

Last edited:

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only time a drafted rookie will count against the CAP is if a team has less than 51 players. During the offseason the NFL rosters expand to 90 players and only the top 51 players count against the SALARY CAP. If signing a Rookie puts a team over the CAP they will not be permitted to sign the player until they have the CAP room to do so.

If the Lions were building a Championship Team rather than "just doing enough" to sell tickets, then I would have a different out look. But until I see it I'm not buying the Kool-Aid. Paraphrasing Dominic Raiola "Don't support us until we win!!"

A Mock Draft Simulator isn't accurate for what the Lions will do. No one really knows what they'll do in Free Agency, whom they might Trade, whom they might Cut or whom they'll Resign until they do it. At this point and time I have mostly defense with WR's and OG on offense. I've seen Mock drafts with the Lions taking a QB in this year draft... I disagree. I don't say Goff is an elite QB, but, I can sure as heck say the offense isn't anywhere near being elite by any means to throw Goff under the BUS.

Lions fans can only dream.
Dont worry. Your beloved Jim Caldwell will probably be the new HC in Chicago. You can become a Bears fan now.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to say it but NO to all of these guys except Zappe who was basically dissed in the article. On the bright side he said about Zappe exactly what everyone said about Brady when he came out.

TE Bellinger is the only one worth a good look for the middle rounds and then maybe one of first 3 OL in the later rounds.
I would love Salyer too. Gives versatility and depth to the interior line.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont worry. Jim Caldwell the guy you respect will probably be the new HC in Chicago. You'll always be a Lions fan.
:fify: Anyone that's signed a contract with the Lions as HC has never went on to hold another HC position in the NFL since George Wilson. It would be AWESOME to see the Lions HC graveyard come to an end. I respect the man for what he did for the Lions, unlike you. Also, unlike you, I have only ONE team.