• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Lions prospects

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already posted his comments regarding this draft and I'm going to double down as I'm in agreement with his take on this year's draft.

Dane Brugler of The Athletic is thought of as one of the more well respected minds when it comes to the NFL Draft. When he talks, you listen.

Unfortunately for the Lions, he is not all that impressed with the top-tier talent in this year’s draft.

“It’s a good draft class as a whole, it is just lacking in high-end talent at the top,” Brugler wrote.

That’s not exactly a unique opinion of Brugler, but he takes that opinion to an extreme, suggesting that none of this year’s elite players may have been drafted in the top-10 last year.

“There isn’t a [Chase] Young or Myles Garrett or Ja’Marr Chase — the obvious elite prospect who will be an immediate impact player in the NFL. Hutchinson, Thibodeaux, Evan Neal, etc., are talented players, but there is a good chance none of them would have been drafted in the top 10 last year,” Brugler wrote.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The following Mock Draft using The Draft Network simulator is about as far-fetched achieving as Mebert's drafting of both ILB Lloyd and Dean, but one can wish.

I passed on drafting WR David Bell at No.34 because there was No Way in Hell, I'm passing on CB "Sauce Gardner" with both Okudah and Jacobs more than likely on the shelf to begin the next season ready to go.

Obviously both Lloyd and Dean were already gone as well as WR's Olave, Wilson, Burks, Williams and London. I could've drafted Bama's Christian Harris for the ILB at No.66 but I went with the clearly better coverage LB from my perspective in TO'O TO'O.

Capture - draft1.PNG

Capture - draft2.PNG

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already posted his comments regarding this draft and I'm going to double down as I'm in agreement with his take on this year's draft.

Dane Brugler of The Athletic is thought of as one of the more well respected minds when it comes to the NFL Draft. When he talks, you listen.

Unfortunately for the Lions, he is not all that impressed with the top-tier talent in this year’s draft.

“It’s a good draft class as a whole, it is just lacking in high-end talent at the top,” Brugler wrote.

That’s not exactly a unique opinion of Brugler, but he takes that opinion to an extreme, suggesting that none of this year’s elite players may have been drafted in the top-10 last year.

“There isn’t a [Chase] Young or Myles Garrett or Ja’Marr Chase — the obvious elite prospect who will be an immediate impact player in the NFL. Hutchinson, Thibodeaux, Evan Neal, etc., are talented players, but there is a good chance none of them would have been drafted in the top 10 last year,” Brugler wrote.
Back when we did luck into high end talent with early picks, they came with high end contracts.

We can’t even time our horrible years right.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The following Mock Draft using The Draft Network simulator is about as far-fetched achieving as Mebert's drafting of both ILB Lloyd and Dean, but one can wish.

I passed on drafting WR David Bell at No.34 because there was No Way in Hell, I'm passing on CB "Sauce Gardner" with both Okudah and Jacobs more than likely on the shelf to begin the next season ready to go.

Obviously both Lloyd and Dean were already gone as well as WR's Olave, Wilson, Burks, Williams and London. I could've drafted Bama's Christian Harris for the ILB at No.66 but I went with the clearly better coverage LB from my perspective in TO'O TO'O.

View attachment 286290

View attachment 286291
Love Nick Ford.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have problems trading back for more draft picks... FOR this year and next year!!!

Depends on how "their board looks" - not what the fan thinks about who should be drafted.

I will state that I sure as hell don't want to see that 1st pick of ours traded.

Last year the Eagles allegedly wanted McNeil with their 3rd round pick and traded down 2-3 spots and lost out to us. Sometimes ego, cockiness, greed or plain stupidity can come at a cost. It's quite possible the Eagles didn't think we'd draft iDL in back-to-back rounds.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on how "their board looks" - not what the fan thinks about who should be drafted.

I will state that I sure as hell don't want to see that 1st pick of ours traded.

Last year the Eagles allegedly wanted McNeil with their 3rd round pick and traded down 2-3 spots and lost out to us. Sometimes ego, cockiness, greed or plain stupidity can come at a cost. It's quite possible the Eagles didn't think we'd draft iDL in back-to-back rounds.
I am OK trading down 1 or 2 spots. Pretty sure Jags are drafting that giant LT. We could still get 1 of our top 3 even with pick 4.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dean is working hard to show Lloyd is the better player to draft

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

View attachment 286290

View attachment 286291

As much as I would love that draft ... I read somewhere that Gardner is a sure fire 1st rounder and possibly a top 10 prospect.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am OK trading down 1 or 2 spots. Pretty sure Jags are drafting that giant LT. We could still get 1 of our top 3 even with pick 4.

Jags really need to draft OL cause theirs is so pathetic.
But what really is the chance of being able to trade down with no elite QB's at the top of this draft?
If there was a QB worthy of trading up for. We would be stupid to not just take them for ourselves anyways.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jags really need to draft OL cause theirs is so pathetic.
But what really is the chance of being able to trade down with no elite QB's at the top of this draft?
If there was a QB worthy of trading up for. We would be stupid to not just take them for ourselves anyways.
Somebody might be in love with one the 3 defensive players.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sweet. A more up-close look at Zappe and the ability to coach him during the Senior Bowl.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many players on PFF list of Top 101 are Not draft eligible.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Miller's Top 150. You Only get the Top 25 in this list unless you're a subscriber

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many players on PFF list of Top 101 are Not draft eligible.

It is a pretty shitty draft.