• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 draft prospects

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ridder and Strong as well as Zappe later. You will know what you have in TC with them and if they are found wanting you go to the next draft
Soooo, make these selections in round 7 where not nuch is expected correct?

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keim swears we want Pickett. Ben Standing swears we want Willis. I can't wait to see who is wrong on this one because both of those guys are deadly accurate when it comes to the Redskins.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keim swears we want Pickett. Ben Standing swears we want Willis. I can't wait to see who is wrong on this one because both of those guys are deadly accurate when it comes to the Redskins.
Here's to hoping that Keim is wrong!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather have Pickett then Willis he is too much of a Boom or Bust project with the 11th pick I think he needs a few seasons developing
Let me try this... would you have been in favor of signing Cam Newton in 2019, or 2020?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither cause he is washed up and never was that great of a passer
Then you must be against drafting Pickett!! He is exactly a younger version of Cam circa 2019, 2020 with a little upside and a very poor fit in Washington, especially if you consider a Heinicke type and what that adds to the offense.
I get it that physically he measures up with Cam as well, but again that version of Cam won't help Rivera in D.C.

Last edited:

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then you must be against drafting Pickett!! He is exactly a younger version of Cam circa 2019, 2020 with a little upside and a very poor fit in Washington, especially if you consider a Heinicke type and what that adds to the offense.
I get it that physically he measures up with Cam as well, but again that version of Cam won't help Rivera in D.C.
Pickett is way better at passing the ball then Newton that has to be the dumbest comparison

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pickett is way better at passing the ball then Newton that has to be the dumbest comparison
Beyond their size matchups, there are scary comparisons in terms of having a good but not elite skill set, mechanics, decision-making, making anticipatory throws which will affect his accuracy at the next level, and being a rote thrower just like late-career Cam. I've actually scouted this incoming group and as we speak, I'm scouting next year's group of QBs. Did you scout them for yourself or are you relying upon what others are saying about them? Either way, I'll compare my notes to yours any day or night of the week! Comparisons are made because one reminds someone of another, and Pickett reminds me of late-career Cam, albeit a 24-year-old without the same experience.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I
Beyond their size matchups, there are scary comparisons in terms of having a good but not elite skill set, mechanics, decision-making, making anticipatory throws which will affect his accuracy at the next level, and being a rote thrower just like late-career Cam. I've actually scouted this incoming group and as we speak, I'm scouting next year's group of QBs. Did you scout them for yourself or are you relying upon what others are saying about them? Either way, I'll compare my notes to yours any day or night of the week! Comparisons are made because one reminds someone of another, and Pickett reminds me of late-career Cam, albeit a 24-year-old without the same experience.
I scouted them myself and they are entirely different QB's very poor to even compare the two

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I

I scouted them myself and they are entirely different QB's very poor to even compare the two
Ok. you're wrong of course! (poor scouting) but to be fair to you...

Which of these traits did you find not extremely similar to Cam in his later years. ( Skill-set, leaky decision making, inconsistent in making anticipatory throws which could affect accuracy in the NFL, not a very good instinctual passer)

Based upon your assessment would you feel more comfortable comparing him to Joe Capp, Flacco, Tebow, Dalton, Cutler, or even our own Allen? One of them has to make sense to you. I considered them all along with a few others before landing on Newton. Who's your NFL comparison? (please don't say Carr)

Last edited:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Burrow
Remember the statement you made about the "dumbest comparison?" Well, sir, once again you are completely wrong!! Sez you with this comparison!

Joe Burrow?? T.H.E. Joe Burrow of Bengals fame?

You do know that if this was remotely true he'd be the first player selected in the draft and that there would be a clamor of news stories about teams wanting to move up in the draft to select him at #1, don't you??

I'm thinking that this is a sick joke aimed at you trying to yank at a more accurate comparison or perhaps an attempt to get me to change comparisons. If so, I don't mind doing that, so my second comparison is Andy Dalton... NOT early Dalton either mid to late Dalton! (I agree with the reference to the "Chicago Bears Dalton) perhaps you're more comfortable with that (Dalton) comparison because he's NOT a cross-dresser away from the game? TBH, I originally considered Dalton as my NFL comp.

1646202119156.png
1646202174549.png
1646202352097.png

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Picket is not a younger version of cam . He is smaller , way less of a running threat , a much better passer

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember the statement you made about the "dumbest comparison?" Well, sir, once again you are completely wrong!! Sez you with this comparison!

Joe Burrow?? T.H.E. Joe Burrow of Bengals fame?

You do know that if this was remotely true he'd be the first player selected in the draft and that there would be a clamor of news stories about teams wanting to move up in the draft to select him at #1, don't you??

I'm thinking that this is a sick joke aimed at you trying to yank at a more accurate comparison or perhaps an attempt to get me to change comparisons. If so, I don't mind doing that, so my second comparison is Andy Dalton... NOT early Dalton either mid to late Dalton! (I agree with the reference to the "Chicago Bears Dalton) perhaps you're more comfortable with that (Dalton) comparison because he's NOT a cross-dresser away from the game? TBH, I originally considered Dalton as my NFL comp.

View attachment 290550
View attachment 290551
View attachment 290552
Now this is probably more accurate or a more mobile Mac Jones

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soooo, make these selections in round 7 where not nuch is expected correct?
Ridder could be something perhaps Strong , if not you aren’t hurt

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Picket is not a younger version of cam . He is smaller , way less of a running threat , a much better passer
I think that you just enjoy responding to my posts!!

That said...

Which of the traits or physical attributes did I mention were also included in what your response pointed to?

I made very specific comparisons to certain flaws in both of their games and said nothing about physical attributes. The one comparison that was remotely close was accuracy but I couched that in their inconsistency in making anticipatory throws which could and often does lead to accuracy issues. The one that I forgot about was both of them hold the ball too long. People often look at positives when making assessments, I believe that the better way to do this is by taking a hard look at the negatives.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now this is probably more accurate or a more mobile Mac Jones
Originally, and at first blush, I too was convinced that Dalton was the best NFL comp., that is until I looked at his weaknesses. I just don't see anything that leads me to favorably or unfavorably compare him to Mac Jones. So, given our agreed to comparison, how do you feel about drafting a Dalton type?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Originally, and at first blush, I too was convinced that Dalton was the best NFL comp., that is until I looked at his weaknesses. I just don't see anything that leads me to favorably or unfavorably compare him to Mac Jones. So, given our agreed to comparison, how do you feel about drafting a Dalton type?
It depends , early Andy Dalton in cincy compiled winning records so if there is talent around him the commies can compete . Mid to late Andy Dalton isnt going to cut it

His knowledge of the game is how he compares to Jones . He is more mobile and has a better arm

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3