• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 D2 draft thread

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TY Hilton

I’m not sure what’s worse, to have Hilton go right in front of me after all these picks, or that I was hoping he fell to me.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trubisky
drop Ty Johnson, RB Jets

@femurov

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are but a few of the waiver claims you missed out on in 2021:

QB Tyler Huntley BAL
RB Kenneth Gainwell PHI
RB D'Onta Foreman TEN
QB Jared Goff DET
RB Devonta Freeman BAL
RB Kahlil Herbert CHI
WR Cedric Wilson DAL

I got 3 of those guys and only 1 was from waivers. Other 2 hit free agency before I grabbed them.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not sure what’s worse, to have Hilton go right in front of me after all these picks, or that I was hoping he fell to me.
I was thinking about him but I thought he was deciding whether to retire or not. Damn

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking about him but I thought he was deciding whether to retire or not. Damn
I think the league is deciding whether he'll retire or not :)

I foresee..Julio signing in GB, Fuller in KC, leaving Indy to ask TY to give it one more go. If its not Indy, I'm not too sure he plays..but if he does..I would imagine it'd be in GB or KC.

No reason, other than if he needs the money, to suffer through another season with a different team, learning new systems, new QB, new everything, if it's not for a realistic shot at a SB, and I personally don't see any other realistic SB contenders who would need a solid veteran WR who doesn't bring much more to the table than experience/leadership, and some solid, reliable, possession type route running-KC and GB need that in spades..as does INDY

edit- and he may very well simply be just waiting out training camp so he doesn't have to go through all that crap too. He may very well have an offer in hand.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re: the faster femurov passes, the quicker we can get to free agency. :wink:

Re: TY - have any of you played sports? Did you play longer than you should have? Of so, why? Because you LOVE it. Maybe the guy still wants to just play.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Re: TY - have any of you played sports? Did you play longer than you should have? Of so, why? Because you LOVE it. Maybe the guy still wants to just play.
RE: free agency- if there was ANYONE out there I wanted to take a shot at, #1 I would've taken them over TY to start with, but #2, I'd gladly trade Fem and take him just to get it over with :)

RE: TY- very well could be the case

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I do not pass, thank you very much...

Mr Irrelevant... RB Damien Williams, ATL, drop RB Dare Ogunbowale

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RE: free agency- if there was ANYONE out there I wanted to take a shot at, #1 I would've taken them over TY to start with, but #2, I'd gladly trade Fem and take him just to get it over with :)

RE: TY- very well could be the case
Really? NOW you tell me.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Williams was the only other guy I considered when I took TY..so..yeah.
But like I said, it was an IF situation, and that IF was already determined in the negative, soo.. :)
Ahh... I had just noticed we posted at the same time and saw that you said you would gladly trade with me and was like, "Wow, that's good timing."

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since the board is slow and no one is going to read this anyway... here's my 2022 D2 Rookie Draft Write-Up

PLAYERS
2.04 (20) WR Jahan Dotson WSH –was the 8th-ranked WR and projects as a week 1 starter.

2.05 (21) RB Tyler Allgeier ATL – he has 31 year-old Patterson ahead of him with a 30 year-old backup in Damien Williams to compete with. (Helped his case when 29 year-old Mike Davis was cut days earlier making Allgeier a nice target.)

3.05 (37) RB James White NE – after missing time with a hip injury, he still appears poised to be the clear 3rd-down RB. Also, recent news blurbs suggests Hoodie will call the offensive plays which bodes well for all the RB.

4.05 (53) RB Tyler Badie BAL – was drafted by a run-first Ravens team where Dobbins & Edwards are both rumored to start the season on PUP (6-games). The Ravens still have Justice Hill and added newly-added Mike Davis as insurance.

4.10 (55) RB Isaih Pacheco KC – ahead of him are CEH, and Ronald Jones. Described as “a race car with no brakes,” if CEH, RoJo and even Derrick Gore continue to unimpress, Reid’s offense is a nice place to race around with upside.

UDFA RB Kennedy Brooks PHI – maybe it’s nothing since he has Miles Sanders, Boston Scott & Kenneth Gainwell ahead of him. But the Eagles threw $240K in guaranteed money at him which was the largest for a UDFA rookie RB. So I threw a random dart to add him.

SYNOPSIS
Overall, my plan was somewhat simple going in. Regardless of what my team needs were, I tried to get the BPA. Now if the player was part of a good offensive (based on NFL offensive rankings), that was also a bigger selling point to me.

I was more active than usual with trades during this draft (3) which helped me address my other team needs. Acquired WR Christian Kirk JAX who I agree may be overpaid and overrated. However, he is penciled in to inherit a large chunk of the Jags’ passing targets led by a new pass-happy HC in Doug Pederson.

And while Treff may have been glad to part ways with QB Carson Wentz WSH, he is a much better option than my QB-in-Limbo Baker Mayfield who is currently set to give me a big fat zero as my backup to Stafford.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll go too…

3.10 - Abram Smith… glad to get him as an owner of Kamara/Ingram. He looks like a solid RB and I’m shocked he wasn’t drafted by the NFL.

3.14 - Ty Chandler… good receiving RB and should be able to compete with the once highly regarded cuff (Mattison) of Cook.

3.15 - Hayden Hurst… was in desperate need of a starting TE. Finding the Bengals starter this late was music to my ears.

3.16 - Devin Duvernay… quick pick because my WR group is abysmal. I have little faith he provides much confidence in making it better.

4.1 - Kyren Williams… after my quick pick, I noticed the new Rams RB was still available. I jumped to make a trade and get this pick.

5.15 - Mitch Trubisky… nothing much available, might as well grab the only remaining probable QB starter, even if his leash will be short.

Mecole Hardman remains my WR1 … so does any of this matter?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure why not?

1.16 - Kenny Pickett- well the QB class was shit, but if the Steelers thought he was the only one worth a #1, who am I to disagree? And in this league, a rookie QB that has any glimmer of hope at starting? You can't wait on him.

2.8- Wandale Robinson- a Husker homer pick..yes I know he came from Kentucky, but he began his D1 life in Nebraska. Most likely a gadget player, but entirely possible he's the next great ppr slot machine. Probably have to wait out Danny Dimes and maybe Sterling Shepard to see any results though.

2.14 Tyquan Thornton, is just a bkazing 40 time, or does he have something? 'Reek was a 6th round pick ..let's see. Regardless, someone has to catch passes in NE, and Parker, Aggie, Bourne and Meyers are mere speed bumps if Thornton has any game at all.

4.16 Samori Toure- another Husker homer pick, but this one has the reigning MVP running the offense, and has a wide open depth chart in front of him. Sure as a 7th round pick he's got a ton of work to do to even make the roster, but, outside of Lazard, he's only competing against other rookies, and one "should've been, but never has been" worth a dart throwing as the 64th pick of the draft.

5.3 Sincere McCormick- imho, by far the best UDFA RB, and he went to Vegas, who has Drake and Jacobs both likely to be elsewhere in 2023, Brandon Bolden, while a McD's favorite, is no true threat..other than that, just a couple other rookies to fight against, and I'm thoroughly unimpressed with Zamir White..seems to be another big school back that wouldn't amount to much without a 5 star O line in front of him.

5.14- TY Hilton...well, why not?

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1.13 Isaiah Spiller How long can Akaler last? Figured I would grab his back up when I could.

2.2 Malik Willis. QB was my biggest hole last year, maybe he is my answer in a few years.

4.8 Velus Jones Jr. Needed bench WR and he was highest ceiling of those left.

4.13 Jeremy Ruckert Depending on Gronk, figured a TE would be good.

5.2 Danny Gray Still needed WR depth. Definitely a The Foot pick

5.13 Trestan Ebbed A pass catching RB in a PPR league.

I actually went into the draft feeling good except at QB. Danny Dimes, Tua, and Zach Wilson. I traded Dimes. After the first two picks it was about depth.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK then here it is.

1.5 Dameon Pierce - RB Hous. Think he has a chance to be the starter, only has beat out Marlon Mack who is coming off a serious injury and Rex Burkhead. So I like his chances. I just enjoy watching this guy play. He's not elite or any thing like that but he's going to be a gem for those who have drafted him.

1.9 Christian Watson-WR GB Well Packers have some openings in their WR corp and though Watson is raw he has the size, speed, jumping ability and hands to develop into a fine player. Packers moving up to draft him is encouraging also.

2.9 John Meche-WR Hous. Torn ACL so may have to wait for him to get healthy, but a good route runner that looks like he could be a good slot WR.

4.2 Justin Ross-WR Kansas UDFA had a really great season for Clemson then came down with a rare condition affecting his neck and spinal , recovered and played last season but may not of been a 100 %. 6'4, long arms. Worth a 4th round shot IMO.

4.12 Jalen Guyton WR LA Chargers Was in as a third WR for the Chargers and show some spark and connection with Hebert. A injury to Allen or Williams could vault his workload way up. Late 4th round sure why not.

4.15 Kevin Harris RB NE Power back who could get goal line carries this season and maybe next year has fewer RBs ahead of him.

5.1 Carson Strong QB Eagles- Had a good a arm as any QB this draft, but bad knees and had a new type of surgery to replace the cartilage with animal cartilage. Sounds wild but who knows, maybe it works.

5.15 Derrick Gore RB Kansas He looked good in spots last season and could earn more work maybe this year.