• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-23 Season Pace

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually you said 36 W, 34 L in the remaining 70 games would be disappointing. So that means the smallest non disappointing goal would have been 37 W, 33 L. I think going 37-33, while having a potential 4 game losing streak mid season, would have been difficult.

Yes, both are disappointing and yes, both are possible. One could even predict it, but I’d still be disappointed.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I, last night, WAS in a bad mood but not mad at what you said. I was trying to be funny about it, but clearly my mood was apparent. Not that it matters, but I don’t anticipate a situation where I’d be mad at you or what you said… not that your response here has anything to do with me being mad or not. ‘Cause who cares if any of us are mad about sports?

I care if you're mad at sports? Because I want to know why, and see if I can relate.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I care if you're mad at sports? Because I want to know why, and see if I can relate.

Sorry, I do get mad at sports. Losing close games, uncalled, fouls, showboating, players, using their daughter to leave the team but actually moving away farther than their care center, dirty plays from other teams. Sometimes, dirty plays by my team, etc.

I meant who cares if I were mad at them for something they said or believed regarding sports. I can understand being upset if somebody has a bad take on one’s personal life or some judgment, but sports? Grow up man. So that’s why I was saying that I wouldn’t anticipate you responding to me thinking that I was mad at your belief that the Jazz would win lose four games in a row or even if you did an I told you so.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a poster on the Niners board who has since been banned that I would have a back-and-forth with and sometimes it would be late at night where I should’ve just logged off. I didn’t get mad because I don’t take things personally but I did feel the need to respond, which I believe is childish. At that time, I felt that I wasn’t just posting for myself, but rather for other people to see my side of the story on something, but now that I’m grown-up more, I feel that’s really stupid. it doesn’t mean that I don’t still do stupid stuff, but I recognize it as being stupid now. That may be worse, but the incidences have stopped since then.

I think Facebook is in the middle, because unless you use a fake name, people that you are friends with “should“ be someone in your life. I know that people have friends that they don’t really know as friends, but in that instance, I think, sharing what you believe, can be important, but not about sports.

The only on time on Facebook where I actually let sports bother me was that I basically would mute one person who was a Seattle Seahawks fan who would like to comment on my wall or my post whenever Alex Smith had a bad game. I’d be OK if it were whenever the Seahawks beat the Niners. But it was stupid when I didn’t post about Alex Smith very often on Facebook, and one of them was after about his injury recovery years later, when he was not with the Niners. I never talked about the Seahawks or much with this person.

Just in case you were curious, the argument started on how the other poster was saying that the best career path for Alex Smith would be to be a back up instead of going to the Chiefsas a starter. This was not arguing that his talent was only to be a bench player, but rather that he was talented enough to be a starter, but it would be better to decide to be a back up. That there was some glory in being a mentor. He ended up being a mentor for Mahomes and still starting, and then starting again in Washington. And it wasn’t even to be a back up for the Niners. It was possibly to be released and sign a cap friendly deal with some other team that needed mentorship.

I thought that was ridiculous and I’m older now, but should’ve been old enough then to recognize a troll, but I had had conversations with this person before that was normal. I recognize this later as being some strict loyalty to the Niners, but posing as an objective fan of sports. Unless your pure motivation is to make as much money as you can, without ever getting injured, or putting in work, why would a player who could start decide to come off the bench for their career? Again, for money, after they sign the big contract, I guess? But that’s pretty stupid, knowing who Smith is.

And the funny thing is, I had brushed off, people, suggesting that Smith was not good enough to be a starter at various times in his career. He didn’t matter to me much, because I figured the real life would take care of that. Either be a starter or you wouldn’t. I think it was the façade of making a logical argument when he was spewing out stupid shit that other people weren’t calling out. I think they weren’t calling out because the stupid comments it out and it on its own as being stupid to respond to or maybe no one sought and then I made a big deal of it.

As they say, if you argue with an idiot, it’s hard to know which is which. You never wanna argue with a child, but I think sometimes people do because they want to “teach them a lesson“ but sometimes it’s rather stupid.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always write long. But speech recognition has made it longer.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota and Utah have both been winning and losing at the same time, for the most part, this year.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you expand on this?

One of the local stat geeks on the radio was talking about how the Clippers produced better as a team without George and they went over certain parts of the games that he’s missed and time he was off the floor. Has something to do with distribution of the basketball. I think he was going towards the idea that, if they want to maximize George, they could trade or use someone else’s minutes better if they believe George is the best for the team.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jazz had the:

3rd Best 1st Tenth of the Season.
9th Best 2nd Tenth of the Season.
15th Best 3rd Tenth of the Season.

If all tenths were equally weighted, the Jazz are 5th overall. Our five game losing streak was broken up to be between the 2nd third and the 3rd third.

Through the first 24 games of each team, the Jazz have the 10th best record. (Through 8 and 16 games, they had the third best record.)

I know what you’re thinking, if we divide the season into 10 equal parts of eight, we have two games remaining. The fifth 10th will have 11 games and the 10th 10 will have 11 games as well.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4-8 with Conley out or off the bench.
12-6 with him starting.
18 with, 12 without.
Can we get that closer to a 18 with, 6 without ratio?
If so, we have 50 games remaining.
He‘d play 38 games. 25-13 rounding down.
in 12 games without, 4-8.
Combined, that is 29-21.
Plus 16-14 currently equals 45-37.
Goal!
I am kidding, but I do want to see where we are with a healthy Markkanen, Conley, Kessler, Sexton, and Clarkson.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jazz had the:

If all thirds were equally weighted, the Jazz are 5th overall. Our five game losing streak was broken up to be between the 2nd third and the 3rd third.

Through the first 24 games of each team, the Jazz have the 10th best record. (Through 8 and 16 games, they had the third best record.)

I know what you’re thinking, if we divide the season into 10 equal parts of eight, we have two games remaining. The fifth 10th will have 11 games and the 10th 10 will have 11 games as well.

Updated.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jazz had the:

13th Best 4th Tenth of the Season.

If all tenths were equally weighted, the Jazz are 5th overall. Our five game losing streak was broken up to be between the 2nd third and the 3rd third. If every game is equally weighted, we are seventh place.

Through the first 32 games of each team, the Jazz have the 12th best record. (Through 8 and 16 games, they had the third best record and 10th best through 24.)

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jazz had the:

13th Best 4th Tenth of the Season.
22nd Best 5th Tenth of the Season. (9 games)

If all tenths were equally weighted, the Jazz are 9th overall. Our five game losing streak was tied for worst for us. If every game is equally weighted, we are eigthth place.

Through the first 41 games of each team, the Jazz have the 15th best record. (Through 8 and 16 games, they had the third best record and 10th best through 24, 12th best through 32.)

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Move Kessler into the lineup permanently. Move Vanderbilt to the bench.

Kessler is taller and more valuable on defense.

Whenever Olynyk comes back, I think he can do better than the poor shooting he was doing, prior to this injury.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't lose to Philadelphia tomorrow.

Just don't.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
F776CA5C-260C-4894-8B4B-FF9A2F77A6F7.png

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The black line that is about 7-9 from the top is the Jazz. The higher is better, because I decided to give more points for those who were better and lowest points for those who are worse at the point of the season. When it goes vertically quickly, they’re doing well in that stretch and if it is going more flat, they are doing worse. Everyone’s going to go up, totals wise, just a different pace.

I don’t know why the Boston Celtics is on the bottom of the graph as far as label.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does the Y axis mean?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2