• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-23 Flyers: How about just less suck?

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could possibly have 4 teams advance tonight or zero teams advance tonight. (or somewhere in between)

Imagine if all four teams down 3-2 win and we have 4 game sevens to look forward to.

We could possibly have 7 game 7's after tomorrow. Im sure Colorado is hoping they all go 7.
That would be really fun ( 7 7’s)

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rooting against the leafs tomorrow. I think another 1st round loss brings about big changes in Toronto. Big changes could be an opportunity to get a good player from them.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright Leafs. Lose your minds! Let’s get wild!

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rooting against the leafs tomorrow. I think another 1st round loss brings about big changes in Toronto. Big changes could be an opportunity to get a good player from them.
Who would you see as a huge player there on the move, I think aside from Tavares or Matthews, there is no real game changers on that team, idk I'm not super familiar with their roster. If they have a solid damn to part with that'd be cool, but what's the cost is my concern.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would you see as a huge player there on the move, I think aside from Tavares or Matthews, there is no real game changers on that team, idk I'm not super familiar with their roster. If they have a solid damn to part with that'd be cool, but what's the cost is my concern.
Marner ?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he's a good player, but is he a game changer and would it be worth what you would have to give up for him? I personally hope we go after another top shelf damn first.

Marner is absolutely a game changer IMO. Over a point per game for his career, paced for 110 pts this year. 2nd in PK TOI among Leaf forwards this year. 3 SHG.

Had he played the same 79 games that TK did, he would have had more than double the number of points TK did. TK led the Flyers. And Marner had double that.

If the Leafs decide to move Marner, the Flyers should be all over that. That would be taking advantage of a team doing something stupid. It would be nice for the Flyers to be on the right side of that for once.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And as for adding another D first. The Flyers were 31st in goals this season and they traded their best offensive player. They won't sniff .500 without a drastic infusion of offensive talent.

(still assuming they don't plan on completely tanking next year)

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marner is absolutely a game changer IMO. Over a point per game for his career, paced for 110 pts this year. 2nd in PK TOI among Leaf forwards this year. 3 SHG.

Had he played the same 79 games that TK did, he would have had more than double the number of points TK did. TK led the Flyers. And Marner had double that.

If the Leafs decide to move Marner, the Flyers should be all over that. That would be taking advantage of a team doing something stupid. It would be nice for the Flyers to be on the right side of that for once.
If the Leafs trade Marner it would be for way more than we could give them. However their fans would revolt if they look to move a player like Marner so i wouldn't expect us to get that type of player from them.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And as for adding another D first. The Flyers were 31st in goals this season and they traded their best offensive player. They won't sniff .500 without a drastic infusion of offensive talent.

We dont have to plan on tanking next year it just happens to us due to lack of talent and injuries to player that have any talent.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pitt collapse was just terrible. Rangers benefitting was worse!!

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pitt collapse was just terrible. Rangers benefitting was worse!!
I’m on the other side of this coin - glorious Pen collapse. Canes will take care of the Rags.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I don't think we have to actively try to lose but with the roster the way that it is, if we don't clear the bad contracts and let the kids play for at least a year we are going to be right back to the same team we've seen the last 10 years. I don't see how making a big trade helps us if we give up more youth and are stuck with the same losers like JVR.

Players MUST be moved:
JVR - loser

Players that I think should be moved:
Cam Atkinson - Move him now with some shred of value before he is 35 and averaging 25 points a year (Also I am sort of setting the age limit on anyone for next year at 30 years old)
Ivan Provorov - Pardon my take, wtf happened to him? May be the only player we can somehow make a hockey trade with. Also this trade is the one that may be able to shake things up a bit, moving on from the subpar core from a few years back.
Ryan Ellis - I don't know what happened here but if you can get off the hook and away from this clearly damaged relationship (and player), make the move.

Centers
Sean Couturier
Kevin Hayes
Scott Laughton

RW
Travic Konecny
Owen Tippett
Bobby Brink

LW
Joel Farabee
Oskar Lindblom
Noah Cates

D
Rasmus Ristolainen
Travis Sanheim
Ronnie Attard
Cam York

It is just too much work to do in one off season. If they can clear the space to sign a dynamic center the rebuild could be expedited. Filip Forsberg is my dream signing but I'm sure we won't have the room to do anything of substance. Couldn't be less confident Fletcher has a clue what he is doing.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Leafs trade Marner it would be for way more than we could give them. However their fans would revolt if they look to move a player like Marner so i wouldn't expect us to get that type of player from them.

I don't think they'll move Marner either. And they definitely should not.

But I've seen fans clamoring for it, for a few years now. Obviously the fans don't run the team, but 5 or 6 years in a row or whatever they're at now; could make them doing dumb things.

Flyers could absolutely put a package together that could be enticing to the Leafs. If they were to go down this path, it's because they don't think they can win with 3 forwards making 10-11M. They would most likely be looking 2 less expensive pieces so that they're lineup is deeper/better. Flyers could offer two of Farabee/Konecny/Provorov/Sanheim and I would think that'd be a very attractive starting point from the Leafs perspective. The Flyers, a team theoretically built on 'beat you with our depth', would be a decent match in terms of trade partners. None of those guys are Marner-caliber, but if your the Leafs having 2 middle of the lineup contributors for 10-12M might be more attractive than 1 top of the lineup difference maker.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we have to actively try to lose but with the roster the way that it is, if we don't clear the bad contracts and let the kids play for at least a year we are going to be right back to the same team we've seen the last 10 years. I don't see how making a big trade helps us if we give up more youth and are stuck with the same losers like JVR.

Players MUST be moved:
JVR - loser

Cam Atkinson - Move him now with some shred of value before he is 35 and averaging 25 points a year (Also I am sort of setting the age limit on anyone for next year at 30 years old)
Ivan Provorov - Pardon my take, wtf happened to him? May be the only player we can somehow make a hockey trade with. Also this trade is the one that may be able to shake things up a bit, moving on from the subpar core from a few years back.
Ryan Ellis - I don't know what happened here but if you can get off the hook and away from this clearly damaged relationship (and player), make the move.

Centers
Sean Couturier
Kevin Hayes
Scott Laughton

RW
Travic Konecny
Owen Tippett
Bobby Brink

LW
Joel Farabee
Oskar Lindblom
Noah Cates

D
Rasmus Ristolainen
Travis Sanheim
Ronnie Attard
Cam York

It is just too much work to do in one off season. If they can clear the space to sign a dynamic center the rebuild could be expedited. Filip Forsberg is my dream signing but I'm sure we won't have the room to do anything of substance. Couldn't be less confident Fletcher has a clue what he is doing.
Excellent post!!! i want to stay away from being the same team weve been the last 10 years at all costs. Either be really bad and help ourselves through the draft or just blow everyone up and get rid of everyone and build through the draft. We were just shy of 40 points which is almost 20 wins behind Washington and that was for the dead last playoff spot. We are a long way from getting to even mediocre right now. Fletcher will be gone soon so dont worry about him. He was dealt the worst hand possible and had no shot at bringing this team back to respectability before he got fired. Thanks Hextall.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they'll move Marner either. And they definitely should not.

But I've seen fans clamoring for it, for a few years now. Obviously the fans don't run the team, but 5 or 6 years in a row or whatever they're at now; could make them doing dumb things.

Flyers could absolutely put a package together that could be enticing to the Leafs. If they were to go down this path, it's because they don't think they can win with 3 forwards making 10-11M. They would most likely be looking 2 less expensive pieces so that they're lineup is deeper/better. Flyers could offer two of Farabee/Konecny/Provorov/Sanheim and I would think that'd be a very attractive starting point from the Leafs perspective. The Flyers, a team theoretically built on 'beat you with our depth', would be a decent match in terms of trade partners. None of those guys are Marner-caliber, but if your the Leafs having 2 middle of the lineup contributors for 10-12M might be more attractive than 1 top of the lineup difference maker.
That's funny this was my theory to get two solid 40 point players who play an all around game for Giroux and you shot down that theory whole heartedly.

How would us getting Marner for Farabee/TK or Prov/Sanheim help us? We would be back to the same team we were for the last 10 years.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Players MUST be moved:
JVR - loser

Centers
Sean Couturier
Kevin Hayes
Scott Laughton

RW
Travic Konecny
Owen Tippett
Bobby Brink

LW
Joel Farabee
Oskar Lindblom
Noah Cates

D
Rasmus Ristolainen
Travis Sanheim
Ronnie Attard
Cam York

Oh, I agree with you. I'm just not expecting Fletcher to have the patience to take a couple years to do this right. IMO, this summer and next season should be about getting your cap right.

JvR should absolutely be moved, but I think they could actually get value for him if the ate 50% and moved him at the deadline. So I'd wait until to do it.

Atkinson, I tend to agree. By the time the ship is righted, Atkinson will be too old to contribute 5.5M in value. He had a pretty good season this year on a bad team, they could probably get some value for him.

But I don't know that you can move much more than that. Not many teams are looking to take on salary right now. So you move those guys, semi-tank the season for a high end draft pick in a draft that's supposed to have a few generational talents.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Oh, I agree with you. I'm just not expecting Fletcher to have the patience to take a couple years to do this right. IMO, this summer and next season should be about getting your cap right.

JvR should absolutely be moved, but I think they could actually get value for him if the ate 50% and moved him at the deadline. So I'd wait until to do it.

Atkinson, I tend to agree. By the time the ship is righted, Atkinson will be too old to contribute 5.5M in value. He had a pretty good season this year on a bad team, they could probably get some value for him.

But I don't know that you can move much more than that. Not many teams are looking to take on salary right now. So you move those guys, semi-tank the season for a high end draft pick in a draft that's supposed to have a few generational talents.
I hear you. I don't "need" to move Provy just think it should be considered. Same applies for Ellis. Can't imagine they get much for him and if they did make a bad value trade with him you can almost guarantee he'd be back to all star form next year and play 80 games, taking 2 games off for the birth of a child or something lol