• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y’all about to have a fire sale?

Gotta think teams should be checking for Burks too.

Bojan keeps playing like this and he will be a valuable asset to a playoff team. I would give love for the Cavs to get him, whatever it takes. Give up LeVert and Okoro

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bojan keeps playing like this and he will be a valuable asset to a playoff team. I would give love for the Cavs to get him, whatever it takes. Give up LeVert and Okoro

Does that qualify as "whatever it takes?"

Detroit wants an unprotected first from the Lakers for 33 year old Bog.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does that qualify as "whatever it takes?"

Detroit wants an unprotected first from the Lakers for 33 year old Bog.
Just an example. The Cavs have assets it's just if they want to give up "the asking price" for a 33 yo. I'm sure other teams can do better. They will be asking quite a bit as they should. Good thing is he has two more years after the extension. I would venture to say Detroit would be fine keeping him around but he could also win some games for them instead of tanking.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just an example. The Cavs have assets it's just if they want to give up "the asking price" for a 33 yo. I'm sure other teams can do better. They will be asking quite a bit as they should. Good thing is he has two more years after the extension. I would venture to say Detroit would be fine keeping him around but he could also win some games for them instead of tanking.

I think the interest in keeping him is just to drive up the cost, as there are reportedly a lot of teams interested. Understandable, given his shooting percentages this year.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the interest in keeping him is just to drive up the cost, as there are reportedly a lot of teams interested. Understandable, given his shooting percentages this year.
I wonder if the Jazz held onto the rope too long?

Havent heard a lot about Clarkson as of late.

That team really needs to commit to a direction.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give him and Donovan a reunion.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This fucking guy has clearly been reading @msgkings322 posts.

This might be true for every other star in the NBA.

But, it matters for you KAWHI with your salary stealing ass.

Even though this was easily Leonard’s best game since tearing his right ACL in Game 4 of the Clippers’ second-round playoff series against the Utah Jazz on June 14, 2021, the former two-time Finals MVP said he’s more concerned with how well he plays in the postseason than in early December. “I don’t want to be here tonight,” Leonard said when asked how much this outing was an indication of where he is at in his return. “I’m focusing on the end of the year. “Playoff basketball. Doesn’t matter about tonight.”

– via Ohm Youngmisuk @ ESPN

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Even though this was easily Leonard’s best game since tearing his right ACL in Game 4 of the Clippers’ second-round playoff series against the Utah Jazz on June 14, 2021, the former two-time Finals MVP said he’s more concerned with how well he plays in the postseason than in early December. “I don’t want to be here tonight,” Leonard said when asked how much this outing was an indication of where he is at in his return. “I’m focusing on the end of the year. “Playoff basketball. Doesn’t matter about tonight.”

Holy shit that's just wrong. With that nice contract comes the obligation of playing. If he doesn't wanna play during the regular season he shouldn't get paid for sitting on the bench.

I've always liked him. But after this nonsense not so much. Somewhere Kyrie's like...

thats-what-im-talking-about-happy.gif

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit that's just wrong. With that nice contract comes the obligation of playing. If he doesn't wanna play during the regular season he shouldn't get paid for sitting on the bench.

I've always liked him. But after this nonsense not so much. Somewhere Kyrie's like...

View attachment 316510
Yeah.

Less is more.

He of all people should not have uttered these words.

Believe me….. we are all aware you don’t want to be there.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 154,021.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A real commish would fine the shit out of him

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Starting to see who the real Kawhi was in San Antonio. Doesn't sound like a very good teammate

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A real commish would fine the shit out of him
Fine him for what?

Its hard to prove he doesn’t need to sit for “ injury maintenance “ or however they are referring to load management these days.

Silver inherited this shitshow, he didn’t create it.

Pop was sitting guys on Sterns watch too.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 154,021.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fine him for what?

Its hard to prove he doesn’t need to sit for “ injury maintenance “ or however they are referring to load management these days.

Silver inherited this shitshow, he didn’t create it.

Pop was sitting guys on Sterns watch too.
For coming right out and basically telling fans don’t bother coming out until the playoffs?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For coming right out and basically telling fans don’t bother coming out until the playoffs?

Kawhi is a fucking slug and I refuse to defend him.

He clearly should speak even less.

But, you lost me with the Commish part.

What exactly can he do about a practice that started on his predecessors watch?

The first time I actually remember being pissed about players sitting was in 2012 when the Spurs sat Parker, Ginobili, Duncan and Green for a TNT game against the Heat.

Silver didn’t get the job until 2014.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 154,021.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kawhi is a fucking slug and I refuse to defend him.

He clearly should speak even less.

But, you lost me with the Commish part.

What exactly can he do about a practice that started on his predecessors watch?

The first time I actually remember being pissed about players sitting was in 2012 when the Spurs sat Parker, Ginobili, Duncan and Green for a TNT game against the Heat.

Silver didn’t get the job until 2014.
I guess I am just looking at this incident and thinking hmm, how does this look for the business of basketball? You think this would fly in the nfl where it’s all about the shield?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s been clear since the bubble.
Absolutely but this comment really shocks me. So you pay him for the playoffs, what about the regular season. His teammates work their ass off everyday through a grueling 82 game season and it doesn’t matter to you? I mean…wow

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I am just looking at this incident and thinking hmm, how does this look for the business of basketball? You think this would fly in the nfl where it’s all about the shield?
What incident?

Kawhi said he didn’t care about a regular season game.

He shouldn’t have said it.

But, he actually played.

So, no crime here.

If they are going to crackdown on something, it should be the guys sitting out 2 seasons with a 6 month injury.

But, it’s hard to put out a fire from inside the house.

Probably why the CBA will be expiring in a few days.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely but this comment really shocks me. So you pay him for the playoffs, what about the regular season. His teammates work their ass off everyday through a grueling 82 game season and it doesn’t matter to you? I mean…wow
Dude is Autistic.

Let me tell you, I watched it live and was like Da fuq was that necessary to say?

Like I get the whole, only championships matter, mantra.

But, maybe find a less marble mouthed way to articulate it?