• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 Non-Jazz Playoff Thread and Predictions

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go Clippers in Game 3, Game 4, and Gams 6. Go Mavericks in Game 5. Roll the dice Game 7.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go Phoenix in Game 4 and Game 6. Lakers in Game 5. And Phoenix in Game 7.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather play Denver than Portland, but both could be an issue. Whoever will tire out Phoenix/Lakers.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoever will tire out Phoenix/Lakers.
Tiring out doesn't matter.

Teams that play long series the series before, have enough rest, because there's 2 - 3 days in between playoffs games.

If a team loses, it's not because they played a long series the series before.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tiring out doesn't matter.

Teams that play long series the series before, have enough rest, because there's 2 - 3 days in between playoffs games.

If a team loses, it's not because they played a long series the series before.

This will be hard to prove. Because the team has a long series and loses the next, one could say that the reason why they had a long series earlier was because they weren’t as good.

However, I would say that overall wear in tear is complained about by players over and over again and so whether or not is true, I would like that team to have play longer. I do not wish for injuries, but that happens, too.

Too much rest could be rust and players can get injured when they get out of the normal routine. So I know it can go either way.

By the way, I’m not just talking about physical tiredness. I wouldn’t trade something of value for them to go to game seven, but if choosing between the two, I would choose them to be more tired.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since 2009, a lot of teams that have gone 8 - 0 in the first two rounds, have lost in the conference finals.

(Cavs, Magic, Spurs, for example).

The 2009 Cavs played a Magic team that had played 5 more games than them, in the conference finals.

The 2010 Magic played a Boston team that had played 3 more games then them, heading into the conference finals.

The 2012 Spurs played a Thunder team that had played 1 more game than them, heading into the conference finals (I thought the Thunder had played more than that).

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
However, I would say that overall wear in tear is complained about by players

They're making excuses and not looking objectively.

For example, the Houston team that missed 27 straight 3-pointers in didn't do that because they were tired. They did that because they weren't smart and kept doing what wasn't working, and lost a double digit lead because they kept taking 3's.

The Jazz in game 1 against Memphis this year, and Portland in game 3 against Denver this year, had the same problem. Stop missing 20+ 3's a game (accurate, not an exaggeration).

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Second Round: Philadelphia 76ers at Atlanta Hawks - I want Atlanta to win but I think Philadelphia will. Now, I don’t like Atlanta as much as I did before the Knicks series and I found Trae Young to be good but obnoxious. Before that, I thought he was good, just didn’t like when he hit someone in the balls, though I know he’s not the only one. I like assists. It would be funny if Simmons misses a three at the buzzer of Game 7 to lose.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Second Round: Milwaukee Bucks at Brooklyn Nets: I don’t care. I think Brooklyn. I know they were dealing with injuries. But I know if they make it, the media will say that it was the hardest job in the world. (Exaggerating.) They coupled stars and act surprised. Yes, again, I know the stars didn’t play a lot together. I do like Steve Nash.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Second Round: Milwaukee Bucks at Brooklyn Nets: I don’t care. I think Brooklyn. I know they were dealing with injuries. But I know if they make it, the media will say that it was the hardest job in the world. (Exaggerating.) They coupled stars and act surprised. Yes, again, I know the stars didn’t play a lot together. I do like Steve Nash.
What's stopping you from liking Milwaukee?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's stopping you from liking Milwaukee?

Nothing. They are just not my team and I haven’t paid attention to them. I know they are good, top 4 or 3.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing. They are just not my team and I haven’t paid attention to them. I know they are good, top 4 or 3.
So if you had to choose between liking Brooklyn because of Nash's assists (do Harden's assists play a factor?), or Milwaukee because of Antetokounmpo's assists, would you have a preference?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if you had to choose between liking Brooklyn because of Nash's assists (do Harden's assists play a factor?), or Milwaukee because of Antetokounmpo's assists, would you have a preference?

Milwaukee built their team naturally. Durant has a pass, that’s just free agency. I didn’t pay attention how Kyrie got there, same thing. But Harden was forced. I guess it’s the Rockets fault, too. But if I’m choosing between two teams that are not mine, then that’s the tiebreaker. One other player retired due to health but went there.

Since Houston is not my team, I think it would have been great for Houston to just pay Harden and not trade him. Fine him if he doesn’t play, but I think he’d suddenly be “injured” if they tried that.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Second Round: Denver Nuggets at Phoenix Suns - I think I should want the Nuggets to win because the Jazz want revenge/rematch for last year and that the Suns are better, especially without Murray. But I’d also like to beat the best. I‘d rather beat the non-best than to lose to the best, so I can‘t say I’d pick the Suns, either.

SO... I will choose the team based on who I would want to win IF we lost in the second round.

1. Phoenix Suns over Los Angeles Clippers.
2. Dallas Mavericks overs Phoenix Suns.
3. Denver Nuggets over Los Angeles Clippers.
4. Dallas Mavericks over Denver Nuggets.

I guess it is clear my rooting interest for non-Jazz remaining teams is:

1. Dallas Mavericks
2a. Denver Nuggets
2b. Phoenix Suns
4. Los Angeles Clippers

I am still rooting for Clippers in Game 6 and Mavericks in Game 7. And that is partly because Doncic is playing injured. I think the Jazz could beat either and there’s a possibility to lose to either.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don’t dislike Harden, but I don’t ever find myself liking or rooting for him either. I feel bad for players sometimes, as I know they don’t have control over the organization and I can’t really blame them for signing big contracts for many years besides me thinking what is another million or seven if you don’t like where you work and have millions in your bank account already? Your family is and will be fed and expensively educated with a big house driving whatever you want with a swimming pool in your backyard (or inside) no matter what.

But then, I also don’t like forcing one out, especially to a stacked team. See: Derek Fisher. Uses a medical pretense to get out of Utah to go FURTHER away from his daughter’s medical treatment center. Does the same in OKC citing his knee injury Keying retirement. I wish one of us called his bluff, even though I know we financially benefitted and don’t really want someone who doesn’t want to be here (unless they are a superstar who will perform professionally in spite of his desire to be here).

As far as Antetokounmpo’s assists? I don’t care whose it is. I like assists. It’s not his main thing no matter what he averages. It’s good for his position and in total but I don’t pay attention. Pure passer? Pure point guard? That doesn’t mean they can’t score, just look at Stockton‘s career field-goal percentage. He is one of the best points per shot players. Steve Nash and Jason Kidd were pure pointguards even though they obviously could score as well. Mark Jackson is an asshole. Oops. I mean a pure shithead (talking only about his unprofessional antics, not him as a person aside from that). I mean, he played the point and had a lot of assists.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milwaukee built their team naturally. Durant has a pass, that’s just free agency. I didn’t pay attention how Kyrie got there, same thing. But Harden was forced. I guess it’s the Rockets fault, too. But if I’m choosing between two teams that are not mine, then that’s the tiebreaker. One other player retired due to health but went there.

Since Houston is not my team, I think it would have been great for Houston to just pay Harden and not trade him. Fine him if he doesn’t play, but I think he’d suddenly be “injured” if they tried that.
Thanks.

BTW, Kyrie went there via free agency. Kyrie Irving, Durant, and DeAndre Jordan decided to join during the summer of 2019.

BTW, I didn't realize until a few days ago that Milwaukee didn't draft Middleton.

He was a 2nd round pick by Detroit, and spent a year there, before they traded him to Milwaukee.

That seems silly now, since he's a multiple time All-Star, and Milwaukee's crunch time scorer.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Second Round: Denver Nuggets at Phoenix Suns - I think I should want the Nuggets to win because the Jazz want revenge/rematch for last year and that the Suns are better, especially without Murray. But I’d also like to beat the best. I‘d rather beat the non-best than to lose to the best, so I can‘t say I’d pick the Suns, either.

SO... I will choose the team based on who I would want to win IF we lost in the second round.

1. Phoenix Suns over Los Angeles Clippers.
2. Dallas Mavericks overs Phoenix Suns.
3. Denver Nuggets over Los Angeles Clippers.
4. Dallas Mavericks over Denver Nuggets.

I guess it is clear my rooting interest for non-Jazz remaining teams is:

1. Dallas Mavericks
2a. Denver Nuggets
2b. Phoenix Suns
4. Los Angeles Clippers

I am still rooting for Clippers in Game 6 and Mavericks in Game 7. And that is partly because Doncic is playing injured. I think the Jazz could beat either and there’s a possibility to lose to either.

Disagree on that. Denver is better, even without Murray.

So if you would rather beat the non best, then you would rather beat Phoenix.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as Antetokounmpo’s assists? I don’t care whose it is. I like assists. It’s not his main thing no matter what he averages. It’s good for his position and in total but I don’t pay attention.

:(

How about Jokic? Can you agree that his assists are his main thing? Since he looks to pass a lot.

I think Antetokounmpo gets a lot of fast break assists, while Jokic can get assists when the game slows down.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:(

How about Jokic? Can you agree that his assists are his main thing? Since he looks to pass a lot.

I think Antetokounmpo gets a lot of fast break assists, while Jokic can get assists when the game slows down.

I can’t remember if I liked Jokic or Doncic. I like slows down assists.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree on that. Denver is better, even without Murray.

So if you would rather beat the non best, then you would rather beat Phoenix.

I was going on record, I guess. And I haven’t paid attention to Jokic except to know he’s an MVP candidate. That puts him ahead of Booker. So we can agree Denver is better since you pay more attention to them.