• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NFL Season Chat

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to trade Lock. They say it was Houston wanting Rypien.
I don’t think Lock is going any where this season. After the year? At this point I think he gets traded.

Trading him now is not helping this team this season, and if Teddy has to miss time the team is in better position to win with Lock then Rypien. Paton has put this team in the nest position to succeed all off season and making a trade of Lock now would be to opposite of that.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably depends on the offer but I agree. I see him being traded more after this year... We are only 3 games in. Still a possibility Lock gets 1 more shot here.. Hopefully Bridgewater stays healthy and continues to play well. Still evaluating him though.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably depends on the offer but I agree. I see him being traded more after this year... We are only 3 games in. Still a possibility Lock gets 1 more shot here.. Hopefully Bridgewater stays healthy and continues to play well. Still evaluating him though.
We do not know enough about Teddy to bail on Lock yet. Yes, Teddy has looked great, but it was against three dumpster fires of teams. Trading Lock would be against everything built so far. If Teddy has a great year, then by all means trade Lock in the offseason.

Speardog_Atlas

Orange Crush
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think Lock is going any where this season. After the year? At this point I think he gets traded.

Trading him now is not helping this team this season, and if Teddy has to miss time the team is in better position to win with Lock then Rypien. Paton has put this team in the nest position to succeed all off season and making a trade of Lock now would be to opposite of that.
Yeah, it was overreaction reaction!! HAHA...

I am not really impressed with Rypien. I don't think Denver can carry 3 QBS on active roster though. We have Juedy coming back, Darby Coming back, Ojemuedjay (WHATEVR) coming back.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am not really impressed with Rypien. I don't think Denver can carry 3 QBS on active roster though. We have Juedy coming back, Darby Coming back, Ojemuedjay (WHATEVR) coming back.

Agree with this. We can hold onto him for awhile. Probably a few weeks to allow the Browns and Texans to find someone else. ;).

All those guys are coming back but no way with our luck do other players not go on IR inbetween time. If we stay healthy it will be hard to keep Rypien on the active roster but we aint staying healthy. ;)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with this. We can hold onto him for awhile. Probably a few weeks to allow the Browns and Texans to find someone else. ;).

All those guys are coming back but no way but we aintwith our luck do other players not go on IR inbetween time. If we stay healthy it will be hard to keep Rypien on the active roster, but we ain't staying healthy. ;)
Especially if your dark shadow comes to watch them play again.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The only reason I see us anxious to keep Rypien is because Lock is in play.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason I see us anxious to keep Rypien is because Lock is in play.
If he is signed by the Browns it could be competitive advantage for them considering we play them on a short week coming up.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he is signed by the Browns it could be competitive advantage for them considering we play them on a short week coming up.
Was it the Browns or Houston or both?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are some rumblings that Denver will trade Rypien for a pick now. Smart move if true. Instead of losing him outright. The one game of experience vs the Jets last year goes a long ways. Sometimes it is the difference between 1-2 years and a 10 year career as a backup because of the starting game experience. The little things that keep you around as a clipboard holderz

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are some rumblings that Denver will trade Rypien for a pick now. Smart move if true. Instead of losing him outright. The one game of experience vs the Jets last year goes a long ways. Sometimes it is the difference between 1-2 years and a 10 year career as a backup because of the starting game experience. The little things that keep you around as a clipboard holderz
I don't know that I would expect anyone to give up a draft pick for Rypien - if so he is better than a lot of us give him credit. I have read in the past - that Rypien was Drew Lock's go to guy for explaining the playbook - so he is known for his football smarts.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the QB position. Everyone is looking for a dependable backup. I am not saying Rypien is that guy. But teams have the film on the Jets last year where he played pretty good minus the turnovers. If you take away the 3 picks in that game and the one dropped pick he actually looked capable. Not as a starter but he showed he can probably hack it in the NFL for awhile. He obviously isn't coveted otherwise he would have never made it through waivers the first go around but as injuries pile he is an experienced backup... Not that the experience is a ton, but he did win a game and that is rare for a backup QB in the NFL. Nobody is going to look at him as their starter but he is young. I wouldn't be shocked if we got a 6th/7th for him from a team with an unhealthy QB situation. It could be a good tactic by Denver when we do have the roster room right now.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't trade Rypien yet either. I would wait until the season is over and if Teddy is the guy, trade Drew and keep Rypien as that good with the playbook backup that can be serviceable for a game or two. That is more valuable than a 7th round pick and I bet you could get a 3-4 for Lock.

Speardog_Atlas

Orange Crush
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know that I would expect anyone to give up a draft pick for Rypien - if so he is better than a lot of us give him credit. I have read in the past - that Rypien was Drew Lock's go to guy for explaining the playbook - so he is known for his football smarts.
Everyone has been saying that Rypien is going to be a coach when his playing days are over. I guess he gets the game despite his talent limitations.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't trade Rypien yet either. I would wait until the season is over and if Teddy is the guy, trade Drew and keep Rypien as that good with the playbook backup that can be serviceable for a game or two. That is more valuable than a 7th round pick and I bet you could get a 3-4 for Lock.

I can get behind this although we won't get a 3-4 for Lock. He isn't Darnold and backup QB's don't go for Rd 3-4 picks... He can compete but when the Panthers traded for Darnold it was 100% to be their starter without question. Lock, there is a huge question barring him coming in and playing well which in that case we probably keep him around minus Bridgewater taking us to the Super Bowl and looking GREAT and elite and Lock looking good but not elite or something crazy.

Speardog_Atlas

Orange Crush
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can get behind this although we won't get a 3-4 for Lock. He isn't Darnold and backup QB's don't go for Rd 3-4 picks... He can compete but when the Panthers traded for Darnold it was 100% to be their starter without question. Lock, there is a huge question barring him coming in and playing well which in that case we probably keep him around minus Bridgewater taking us to the Super Bowl and looking GREAT and elite and Lock looking good but not elite or something crazy.
I agree, Teddy went for a 6th....... Lock will be 5th at best

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on Teddy Bridgewater's injury history - I suspect Drew Lock will get a few starts this season. HIs value in a trade will be more directly related to how Lock does on the field this season - if he gets the opportunity.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt.. "If" being the key word... As of right now all we can base his trade value around is what we have seen thus far.