• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NFL Season Chat

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Prater just tried a 68 yard FG. Unfortunately it was in Jacksonville, so it got returned for a TD. Oops.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Bronco Guys.

Broncos are playing great ball and Bridgewater looks like a genius pick up.

Keep it going. Every time I think about you guys playing the Chiefs I have to change my undies.

megalodon30

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rypien getting the call up.

Interesting move. Wonder their thinking behind keeping a 3rd QB on the 53 with all the injuries at WR.

coloradobuff

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another team reportedly expressed interest in signing Rypien off Denver's practice squad, causing the Broncos to sign him to the active roster to ensure he wasn't poached. It's an odd move since the organization was more than happy waiving him at the end of training camp. He'll likely be inactive as the team's No. 3 QB on Sunday.

SOURCE: Mike Klis on Twitter

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another team reportedly expressed interest in signing Rypien off Denver's practice squad, causing the Broncos to sign him to the active roster to ensure he wasn't poached. It's an odd move since the organization was more than happy waiving him at the end of training camp. He'll likely be inactive as the team's No. 3 QB on Sunday.

SOURCE: Mike Klis on Twitter

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

megalodon30

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t see why we couldn’t just let Rypien be signed to another team. Unless the coaches have plans to make him our starter at some point. Which I hope not. He’s a poor man’s Teddy Bridgewater. Smart but very limited.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t see why we couldn’t just let Rypien be signed to another team. Unless the coaches have plans to make him our starter at some point. Which I hope not. He’s a poor man’s Teddy Bridgewater. Smart but very limited.
Or trading Lock

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rypien knows our offense. He has value for us. Not a huge deal. We had room to bring him up to not lose him. If roster issue becomes a problem we may release him again. Probably make him inactive on game day and elevatee Tyrie Cleveland or Curtis Robinson this weekend. With new roster rules its easier to bring guys like Rypien onto the active roster without it being a real big roster issue. No biggie here

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this indicates the Broncos see Rypien as the backup to a Bridgewater run as the starter. Drew Lock will be traded - no doubt. Considering the start of this year's crop of rookie QBs - Lock probably will have a market for his services - with a year left on his original contract.

Rypien has a similar skill set to Bridgewater so it makes sense in this context.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Denver did not want to Browns to sign Rypien for say 4 weeks and learn the Broncos offense.

They can now bring him up and I think send him back to the PS without clearing waivers.

Did Brett have a choice on what team he wanted to go to since he would be promoted to the 53?

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Denver did not want to Browns to sign Rypien for say 4 weeks and learn the Broncos offense.

They can now bring him up and I think send him back to the PS without clearing waivers.

Did Brett have a choice on what team he wanted to go to since he would be promoted to the 53?
I saw somewhere that he had the choice and wanted to stay with Broncos. He would have probably started for the Texan's if they picked him up though. I agree this could signal a Lock trade, which I think is premature. Teddy has looked good (not as good as his stats indicate), but lets temper that with the opponents who are all hot garbage.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Boone coming off IR and is going to practice today according to reports.

Speardog_Atlas

Orange Crush
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chargers/Chiefs is a game that most peeks my interest since - it promises to be a good game and both teams are Bronco rivals for the West Division in the AFC.
KfC... Cellar Dwellers!!

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He will have to clear waivers since he would be waived off the active roster to the PS.

With the new PS rules having a QB like Rypien on your active roster is easy to get around... You just elevate a player off the PS if needed to use on the game day roster. Storing Rypien is pretty easy with the new PS rules. Where it might get tight is if other members of our PS are starting to get signed by other teams and we don't want to lose them.... Or we start hitting on PS eligibility issues where the guys we want to bring up have reached the 2 game limit and have to be signed to the active roster if we want them on the active roster... Might be a problem down the line but really easy right now. The Browns thing is probably a part of it too.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is anyone excited about this?

Maybe he will add a little umph to the running game.

I am excited about it from a special teams standpoint. Think we are fine at RB but Boone is a decent RB too. But we need him on special teams.

We still have up to 21 days before we need to move him to the active roster, until then he can still sit on IR. But I would expect him back this week or next week. Probably this week. Crockett probably back to the PS.

Speardog_Atlas

Orange Crush
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am excited about it from a special teams standpoint. Think we are fine at RB but Boone is a decent RB too. But we need him on special teams.

We still have up to 21 days before we need to move him to the active roster, until then he can still sit on IR. But I would expect him back this week or next week. Probably this week. Crockett probably back to the PS.
I hope his speed will help the offense. Running game needs a spark

Speardog_Atlas

Orange Crush
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will have to clear waivers since he would be waived off the active roster to the PS.

With the new PS rules having a QB like Rypien on your active roster is easy to get around... You just elevate a player off the PS if needed to use on the game day roster. Storing Rypien is pretty easy with the new PS rules. Where it might get tight is if other members of our PS are starting to get signed by other teams and we don't want to lose them.... Or we start hitting on PS eligibility issues where the guys we want to bring up have reached the 2 game limit and have to be signed to the active roster if we want them on the active roster... Might be a problem down the line but really easy right now. The Browns thing is probably a part of it too.
Time to trade Lock. They say it was Houston wanting Rypien.