• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They got exposed... every time they looked like a good team this past year or so was a lie, last night was the truth.

high five tom brady GIF

"They beat us fair and square"

What a bunch if bullshit. Pat Riley doesn't believe what he says.

"But there will always be an asterisk; if we had Bam and Goran 100 percent- Goran was our leading scorer [entering the Finals]- it might have gone to a seventh game."

Riley made himself look like a whiny bitch with that commet. Injuries happen. So by his stupid logic the Raptors '19 title has an asterisk. The Warriors '15 title has an asterisk. The Cavs '16 title has an asterisk.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They told the Clippers "Hold our beer".

They choked though and only lost by 47.

I understand having bad nights. But how in the hell does an NBA team (okay, two teams) get blown out by 40+?

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently, Jayson Tatum and C's have a nickname for rookie Payton Pritchard:

"8 Mile"

link

That's pretty hilarious.

1609348780360.png

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This might be the worst shooting performance in a very long time no joke. 33% and 19% from 3. They can’t even make layups lol
Yep...if they could have just been bad from 3 instead of incredibly bad they probably win. Just one of those nights.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This first week been weird
No doubt. Cavs crush Philly on a B2B after 2 OT game then lose to a Knick team who somehow had their way with the Bucks who then crush Miami (and, yeah, I get Miami had some guys out, but 40?).

a lot of that going in in first couple weeks.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the best big man in the Eastern Conference plays for the Indiana Pacers and his name is Domantas Sabonis. The second best big man in the East is Joel Embiid.

i think there is a group after those 2 that includes Collins, Adebayo, Drummond, ---Jarrett Allan is really good but not yet in that group.

Andre Drummond is not at one of the best....but dude is pretty good.

In a game where the Cavs were ice cold - he just went for 18 points, 17 boards, 2 assists, 6 blocks, 3 steals. So far this season he is at 20, 15, 4 assits, 1.7 blocks, 2.7 steals. its a contract year- so i would imagine he is playing as hard as he can and is shape, being a good teammate etc.....

i was skeptical of the initial deal- and i dont value big men nearly as much as wings (like the entire NBA), and i wouldnt give Drummond a huge contract extension- but id give him a nice deal. Amazingly the guy is only 27 years old.
Hard to be skeptical of initial deal with what they gave up and idea TT could go. I get he costs a lot this year but not like we'd have much if any cap room without him and if we did a star was coming.

Question is what do they do with him? Is he trade bait or someone they'd be looking to lock up (if he's willing)? Really only way to be a legit title contender is with some serious lottery luck, and doubt that happens if he stays barring a ton of other injuries. I'm thinking best case for them might be an Indiana type run and might need Drummond as not like they can get someone better as a FA.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what the record for most consecutive posts is
wouldn't be surprised if I'm in the running. Rarely post during game threads during games but often do after after everyone has made their comments.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"They beat us fair and square"

What a bunch if bullshit. Pat Riley doesn't believe what he says.

"But there will always be an asterisk; if we had Bam and Goran 100 percent- Goran was our leading scorer [entering the Finals]- it might have gone to a seventh game."

Riley made himself look like a whiny bitch with that commet. Injuries happen. So by his stupid logic the Raptors '19 title has an asterisk. The Warriors '15 title has an asterisk. The Cavs '16 title has an asterisk.
And his series win against the Sabonas-less Pacers.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And his series win against the Sabonas-less Pacers.
and the series where the Bucks Giannis missed time after already being beat up.

and they got to have the bubble in their home state.

surprise surprise- but i am not bullish on Miami.

and i think Herro has gotten blown out of proportion. He may be really really good eventually- but right now im not sure we can expect more than a solid player (at most) on most nights.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,789.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It never will
Took me a while to be able to function after my mom passed.....it never goes away, but it gets easier to deal with as time passes.....if that makes any kind of sense.

Just stunning it happened at his age and it wasn't related to his health, like Stu Scott and Sager.....