• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This whole season is going to be weird.

That is why I wouldn’t be too high if my team were 4-0, or too low if they are 0-4.

Nothing normal about this start to the season. I think we need to wait until the end of January before we even start to assess who teams are.

I think you can be low with that 0-4 Wizards team. They can't defend worth shit. Not that big of surprise given much of the roster but still. It's bad. They stink.

On the positive side, while they aren't 4-0, I think the Kings might be on to something at 3-1. They've looked pretty good so far. Haliburton looking like an early favorite for ROY. They'll slip eventually, but they look more like a team that can compete for that 6 to 8 slot rather than a team trying to grasp 10th for the play in. West is gonna be a brutal fight with teams trying to get in

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Must have been painful to switch over to the Suns game and see Jae Crowder balling out

Not really. Heat gave him a fair offer but he wanted more than one year so I get it. Would bother be much more had they gave him a shitty offer but I think they offered 1/14 if I remember correctly

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm more upset by Harkless being the replacement more than I am about Crowder playing well. Should have found another cheap option because he ain't it. Heck, I would have preferred them use the money they offered Crowder to bring back Jones Jr. He brings more to the table than Harkless. To me, Harkless should be in the Solomon Hill role. End of bench type player

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you can be low with that 0-4 Wizards team. They can't defend worth shit. Not that big of surprise given much of the roster but still. It's bad. They stink.

On the positive side, while they aren't 4-0, I think the Kings might be on to something at 3-1. They've looked pretty good so far. Haliburton looking like an early favorite for ROY. They'll slip eventually, but they look more like a team that can compete for that 6 to 8 slot rather than a team trying to grasp 10th for the play in. West is gonna be a brutal fight with teams trying to get in
Haliburton was a steal. Cant believe he went that low.

Id still draft Okoro over him for the Cavs---- but i am telling you---- i think Okoro and Haliburton will both be 2 of the very best players from this draft.

i wish the Cavs couldve traded back up to get him.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wizards have some interesting pieces- but the coaching is a big problem and the way the pieces fit is a problem

no pre-season also doesnt help a team that really made some big changes.

I think Bertans was overpaid but he is an interesting player.

Hachimura and Avdija are interesting young guys.....i dont know if any have star potential but they are both very interesting.

Thomas Bryant is a decent center.

its just a lot of pieeces....not much defense....bad coaching and they havent had time to work out the kinks.

they will get better as the season goes on- but its not like they are going to be good.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this draft was weak at the top --- i mean a top tier of Edwards/Wiseman/Ball is really weak....but the depth through the top 12 was actually pretty decent.

Toppin Avdija, Vassell, Okungwu, Vassell are all really interesting guys if you ask me.

I really like Okoro and Haliburton a lot.

Edwards is someone i dont trust---- he doesnt even live for basketball.

Wiseman will be solid but i dont ever see him being worthy of a top 2 pick. I think its really hard for centers to become super valuable. We shall see. His athleticism will give him an advantage early on in his career- but i dont know how he develops. DeAndre Ayton is 22...it takes time to develop big men. I think Ayton will be better long term and i dont neceesarrily think Ayton will be anything that special.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the best big man in the Eastern Conference plays for the Indiana Pacers and his name is Domantas Sabonis. The second best big man in the East is Joel Embiid.

i think there is a group after those 2 that includes Collins, Adebayo, Drummond, ---Jarrett Allan is really good but not yet in that group.

Andre Drummond is not at one of the best....but dude is pretty good.

In a game where the Cavs were ice cold - he just went for 18 points, 17 boards, 2 assists, 6 blocks, 3 steals. So far this season he is at 20, 15, 4 assits, 1.7 blocks, 2.7 steals. its a contract year- so i would imagine he is playing as hard as he can and is shape, being a good teammate etc.....

i was skeptical of the initial deal- and i dont value big men nearly as much as wings (like the entire NBA), and i wouldnt give Drummond a huge contract extension- but id give him a nice deal. Amazingly the guy is only 27 years old.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in the West its a lot tougher.

Whoi s the best big man in the West?

Right now i would say Jokic edges out Davis.

1. Jokic
2. Davis
3. Gobert

after that i would say there is a group of Towns, Ayton, Valunciunas, Porzingis.

and i am not counting Zion or Siakam as "big men".

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
best point guards in the East:

1. Kyrie Irving

2. Jrue Holiday
3. Trae Young

4. Kemba Walker
5. Russell Westbrook

6. Ben Simmons
7. Malcolm Brogdon
8. Kyle Lowry

Best in the West:
1. Luka Doncic
2. Damion Lillard

3. Steph Curry
4. Jamal Murray
5. Chris Paul

6. D'Aron Fox
7. Ja Morant

8. Deangelo Russell

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well hot takes and general are skeptical but Kerr is still a stubborn coach. It goes both ways. 2 wins doesn’t change the fact Kerr needs to change something, it shouldn’t take a castrophe to make a change

Criticizing Kerr is legit. There is a big difference between being critical of a coach or player and assuming that all teams are as good or bad as they have looked in week 1

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell happened to the Heat last night? Was really surprised to see that got clobbered by 47 this morning.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy season so far....

Heat lose by 40-plus. Clipps lose by 50-plus.

The Utah Jazz once lost by 42 in a Finals game.

Even really good teams can get blown out sometimes.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell happened to the Heat last night? Was really surprised to see that got clobbered by 47 this morning.
They got exposed... every time they looked like a good team this past year or so was a lie, last night was the truth.

high five tom brady GIF