• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, this season feels night and day different from Brett Brown days. Doc is taking lemons and making lemonade. During Embiid’s absence we’ve seen Shake’s game improve, Danny Green step up and Harris become more confident closing. All of these things are stuff they needed anyway. Hopefully the growth translates to when Embiid comes back. I have to temper my excitement though because regular season and playoff basketball are entirely different.

I grew so sour on Brett the last 2 seasons. Honestly I started to turn on Brett in the 1st Celtics playoff series. I did think a new coach would make a difference. But not this drastic of a difference.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Zen Master is a bitch. Said this stuff on an episode of a podcast called The Curious Leader hosted by Coby Karl (George's son).

Phil Jackson unloads on Carmelo Anthony while talking Knicks tenure, compares own treatment to Donald Trump

He sayz part of the reason he failed in N.Y. was Melo's lack of leadership. **Blamed the media for how he was treated**. Said the Matt Barnes/D. Fish incident "was a distraction". Said Dolan did him a favor firing him. And sayz he should have coached the team because of the stuggles with the Triangle Offense.

He even dragged LeBron into this. Calling LeBron's business partners his "posse".

** = So it's the medis'a fault, not Jackson's, that he was a failure with the Knicks? Get da fuck outta here. My opinion of him has changed forever. What a classless clown who takes no responsibility for his own failure.

I'm guessing he failed in New York because he didn't have a cadre of Hall of Famers to work with.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing he failed in New York because he didn't have a cadre of Hall of Famers to work with.

That's one reason for sure. No coach no matter how good won't have success with a roster lacking talent. But for Phil to say all that stuff makes him look like a crybaby. Funny though he didn't blame himself. It was always someone elses fault.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's one reason for sure. No coach no matter how good won't have success with a roster lacking talent. But for Phil to say all that stuff makes him look like a crybaby. Funny though he didn't blame himself. It was always someone elses fault.

It is amusing for Phil to whine about how the mean the press was to him. In New York. That's never happened to a coach in New York before.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I grew so sour on Brett the last 2 seasons. Honestly I started to turn on Brett in the 1st Celtics playoff series. I did think a new coach would make a difference. But not this drastic of a difference.
Felt the same way. Sports shouldn’t be based on “feelings”. They gave him too much rope because he was a good soldier during the darkest days of the process. But you make a great point. You don’t realize how bad Brett ball was until you see a competent NBA coach take his place. I mean Jesus Christ, he has two unicorns in Simmons and Embiid and he’s running every action off of what JJ Redick needs. Da fuq? He had no answer for Celtics isolating Redick or Belinelli and cooking them off the dribble. Series over.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harrell had 6 points going into the 4th Quarter. Howard knew what he was doing but he crossed the line going to the TV time out. He was in Harrell’s head and took him out of his game. Without Howard on the floor he had a big 4th quarter. I think he finished with 20+.
I'm talking in a fight....LOL.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Zen Master is a bitch. Said this stuff on an episode of a podcast called The Curious Leader hosted by Coby Karl (George's son).

Phil Jackson unloads on Carmelo Anthony while talking Knicks tenure, compares own treatment to Donald Trump

He sayz part of the reason he failed in N.Y. was Melo's lack of leadership. **Blamed the media for how he was treated**. Said the Matt Barnes/D. Fish incident "was a distraction". Said Dolan did him a favor firing him. And sayz he should have coached the team because of the stuggles with the Triangle Offense.

He even dragged LeBron into this. Calling LeBron's business partners his "posse".

** = So it's the medis'a fault, not Jackson's, that he was a failure with the Knicks? Get da fuck outta here. My opinion of him has changed forever. What a classless clown who takes no responsibility for his own failure.
Funniest part is him saying he should have coached the Knicks. That was never gonna happen. No way he'd take on a challenge like that with the potential of looking like a fraud.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funniest part is him saying he should have coached the Knicks. That was never gonna happen. No way he'd take on a challenge like that with the potential of looking like a fraud.

Exactly. If he really wanted to coach he would have.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Larry Brown again FTW

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
while I would not rip any team who picked up Drummond as it's low risk, might want to take a look at this if you want your team to sign him. I'd say count the wide open players he ignores while he throws up 2-3 foot bricks, but you'll lose count.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
while I would not rip any team who picked up Drummond as it's low risk, might want to take a look at this if you want your team to sign him. I'd say count the wide open players he ignores while he throws up 2-3 foot bricks, but you'll lose count.

I don't remember him being that bad with it in detroit. I think he started pressing for the contract

But regardless he's not capable of doing the stuff he's trying there

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
howd that go?

Phoenix game was crap. Last night they played great. Had 9 players available and went toe to toe with a Portland team that had a healthy Dame and CJ. Was their best played game since the AS break

Last edited:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will never that why new players can't play the day after a trade

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Malik Monk becomes the best player in NBA History when he plays Miami

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't wait for Oladipo to get here because this depending on Herro to make multipe 3's nightly wasn't going to get the Heat anywhere this season