• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need more Paul Reed. Sixers are flat and that dude is playing for his NBA life. Energy is contagious.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy act like a rookie trying to make a name for himself. He is so stupid
If he doesn’t get T‘’Ed there he’s in Harrell’s head and likely holds him down.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nothing to do with the Sixers. Go back to the playoffs thread last year. I'm tired of his fake tough guy act.

He try to play this fake tough guy card and instigated a lot of BS in the playoffs as well

I'm pretty sure you still need to do something more than be a jerk to get ejected from a game.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure you still need to do something more than be a jerk to get ejected from a game.
They had been going at it pretty hard and supposedly during the time out Howard went out of his way to bump Harrell.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had been going at it pretty hard and supposedly during the time out Howard went out of his way to bump Harrell.

Which would warrant a technical foul. Not a straight ejection.

I have to imagine that Howard said something to the ref that he didn't like.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which would warrant a technical foul. Not a straight ejection.

I have to imagine that Howard said something to the ref that he didn't like.
The TNT guys blow. They never said anything when Howard and Harrell were both given double techs a few minutes earlier. I think they were telling some stupid story nobody wanted to hear. But anyway, that’s why he was ejected. It was his second.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The TNT guys blow. They never said anything when Howard and Harrell were both given double techs a few minutes earlier. I think they were telling some stupid story nobody wanted to hear. But anyway, that’s why he was ejected. It was his second.

OK. That makes more sense.

I generally don't care about announcers but I had the sound off last night and CC and I swear it was like they didn't even realize there was a game going on.

The refs were pretty tech happy in the game.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,096.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howard needs to calm down.....if it happened Harrell would curb stomp him.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK. That makes more sense.

I generally don't care about announcers but I had the sound off last night and CC and I swear it was like they didn't even realize there was a game going on.

The refs were pretty tech happy in the game.
I think they blew like 9! Sixers had 6 and the Lakers had 3. Ill also say that the tech they blew on Schroeder was bull shit too. Chris Weber had a good comment at the half about Dwight. People don’t follow the NBA and pay money for seats to watch officials.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great energy guy off the bench....saw the G-League final.
Kid has some promise. But even bigger, I can now actually think about Sixers 2nd round picks as having some potential. Another guy who can’t get minutes that also shows some potential is Isiah Joe. I think he should have been with Reed. Sitting on the pine doesn’t help grow a player’s game.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howard needs to calm down.....if it happened Harrell would curb stomp him.
Harrell had 6 points going into the 4th Quarter. Howard knew what he was doing but he crossed the line going to the TV time out. He was in Harrell’s head and took him out of his game. Without Howard on the floor he had a big 4th quarter. I think he finished with 20+.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Danny Green was on fiiiiiiiire last night.
Pretty clear that he still likes those rims and the shooters eye in LA. Hope it holds on Saturday night. Sixers have caught a break considering No Embiid. No Steph vs Warriors and no LeBron or AD vs Lakers.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they blew like 9! Sixers had 6 and the Lakers had 3. Ill also say that the tech they blew on Schroeder was bull shit too. Chris Weber had a good comment at the half about Dwight. People don’t follow the NBA and pay money for seats to watch officials.

I didn't really get why Howard got the T but Harrell who did a full arm push of Howard didn't. But Howard should have been smarter.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't really get why Howard got the T but Harrell who did a full arm push of Howard didn't. But Howard should have been smarter.
The first exchange was a double. So I’m thinking you’re talking about the one headed into the TV time out. Right or wrong, I think the official just T’ed Dwight because of the weird path he was taking to the Sixers bench. The bench was on the same side of the court where the action was but Dwight takes a path heading to half court away from the Sixers bench in order to get there. We also don’t know what was said after the first tech. I can imagine the official said something to the effect of next time, you’re gone. After an official says something like that, they’re a bitch if they don’t follow through. If it’s me though, and I’m an official communicating that message and gather both coaches and Harrell and Howard and I make a public pronouncement that this is the end of the bull shit. Then the coaches become the officials ally on the desire to get control of the game.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty clear that he still likes those rims and the shooters eye in LA. Hope it holds on Saturday night. Sixers have caught a break considering No Embiid. No Steph vs Warriors and no LeBron or AD vs Lakers.

Hard to see us winning against the Clips on Saturday. But even if they lose the next 2 and maybe beat the Cavs, this road trip is nothing but an unmitigated success. 6 straight road wins. My guess, even the trade yesterday, is we see Joe back next Saturday against the Wolves. Even if the team loses the next 3, there is a great chance that they are still in 1st or just out of 1st with Joe coming back which I would have given little hope for 2 weeks ago.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to see us winning against the Clips on Saturday. But even if they lose the next 2 and maybe beat the Cavs, this road trip is nothing but an unmitigated success. 6 straight road wins. My guess, even the trade yesterday, is we see Joe back next Saturday against the Wolves. Even if the team loses the next 3, there is a great chance that they are still in 1st or just out of 1st with Joe coming back which I would have given little hope for 2 weeks ago.
Man, this season feels night and day different from Brett Brown days. Doc is taking lemons and making lemonade. During Embiid’s absence we’ve seen Shake’s game improve, Danny Green step up and Harris become more confident closing. All of these things are stuff they needed anyway. Hopefully the growth translates to when Embiid comes back. I have to temper my excitement though because regular season and playoff basketball are entirely different.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Zen Master is a bitch. Said this stuff on an episode of a podcast called The Curious Leader hosted by Coby Karl (George's son).

Phil Jackson unloads on Carmelo Anthony while talking Knicks tenure, compares own treatment to Donald Trump

He sayz part of the reason he failed in N.Y. was Melo's lack of leadership. **Blamed the media for how he was treated**. Said the Matt Barnes/D. Fish incident "was a distraction". Said Dolan did him a favor firing him. And sayz he should have coached the team because of the stuggles with the Triangle Offense.

He even dragged LeBron into this. Calling LeBron's business partners his "posse".

** = So it's the medis'a fault, not Jackson's, that he was a failure with the Knicks? Get da fuck outta here. My opinion of him has changed forever. What a classless clown who takes no responsibility for his own failure.