• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea but Dennis & Trez would get the job done

I actually found an article that suggested a couple of ways. According to the article, the best deal the Lakers could make would be Schroder, Trez, THT and KCP for Lowry, Powell and a 2nd round pick.

I hate including Schroder because I really like him. But with Lowry making $30 mil, it's the only way to do it.

I like your deal though. I'd even throw in KCP or THT if the Lakers had to.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually found an article that suggested a couple of ways. According to the article, the best deal the Lakers could make would be Schroder, Trez, THT and KCP for Lowry, Powell and a 2nd round pick.

I hate including Schroder because I really like him. But with Lowry making $30 mil, it's the only way to do it.

I like your deal though. I'd even throw in KCP or THT if the Lakers had to.

Powell is way better than KCP. The biggest problem would be losing Trez IMO

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Powell is way better than KCP. The biggest problem would be losing Trez IMO

True, but even then, what the Lakers really need (rim protection) he doesn't really provide. So if they could pick up a big that can do that (Whiteside or maybe just sign Damian Jones for the rest of the year), it becomes less of a loss.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. But, Pelinka said James and AD are the only untouchable players recently.

Sad. Crazy thing i don't think the lakers need moves outside of signing players during the buyout window. What they need is Bron and AD healthy. They'll be just fine if that happens

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad. Crazy thing i don't think the lakers need moves outside of signing players during the buyout window. What they need is Bron and AD healthy. They'll be just fine if that happens
They have 2 open roster spots. I expect them to try and make a trade for a player and add a player in the buyout market.....hopefully Drummond,

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They might be looking long term which is why they're inquiring about Lowry. Schroder is gonna be a free agent and wants a long term deal. Lowry is a better player right now and while he wants an extension, it'll likely only be a 2 year extension, which puts his expiration at the same time as Lebron. It gives them more flexibility in the near future while also giving them the upgrade in the short term.

I'm a little hesitant at the potential price though. Like you were getting at, they were rolling with a full squad, really just needing what you can get off the buyout market. But any deal with the Raptors is gonna require shipping out a good chunk of the roster. You're then gonna have to fill the rest out with buyout market candidates and then try to rebuild chemistry in 30 games. Likely 20 games since AD/Lebron are still out injured. That's a ridiculously short turn around.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They might be looking long term which is why they're inquiring about Lowry. Schroder is gonna be a free agent and wants a long term deal. Lowry is a better player right now and while he wants an extension, it'll likely only be a 2 year extension, which puts his expiration at the same time as Lebron. It gives them more flexibility in the near future while also giving them the upgrade in the short term.

I'm a little hesitant at the potential price though. Like you were getting at, they were rolling with a full squad, really just needing what you can get off the buyout market. But any deal with the Raptors is gonna require shipping out a good chunk of the roster. You're then gonna have to fill the rest out with buyout market candidates and then try to rebuild chemistry in 30 games. Likely 20 games since AD/Lebron are still out injured. That's a ridiculously short turn around.

Reports that Lowry wants a 2 year $50 million dollar extension as part of the trade. Is ANY team going to be willing to do that? Especially when you consider the assets you are going to give up to get him?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree. Even if they get Lowry, it won't matter if Lebron and AD are out.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports that Lowry wants a 2 year $50 million dollar extension as part of the trade. Is ANY team going to be willing to do that? Especially when you consider the assets you are going to give up to get him?

The Lakers will if it keeps them in the title hunt. Jeanie has already said that when you have Lebron, you spend money that you might not otherwise.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers will if it keeps them in the title hunt. Jeanie has already said that when you have Lebron, you spend money that you might not otherwise.

All reports i saw from the heat insiders indicate they will too

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All reports i saw from the heat insiders indicate they will too

It's possible that all of the teams are fine with that. I really don't know.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
today hd GIF