• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patrick Ewing says hold my beer.

lol

You know he's the head coach at Georgetown, right?

There are dozens of reasons why a coach was or was not chosen that need to be looked at before ever getting to race as a possibility. There may be a certain style that the owner wants. Dr. Buss' last hire with the Lakers was Mike D'Antoni because he wanted a return to the Showtime style of basketball.

The Nets, with their firepower, wanted a system that will showcase that firepower, which is likely why they hired Nash.

Hate to break it to you and Stephen A., but it isn't always about race.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,440.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he doesn't. The NBA has hired far more black coaches than any other sport. Did Stephen A. also point out that Ty Lue (also no head coaching experience) replaced a coach whose team had been to the finals the season before and had a 30-11 record when he was fired? If so, did he mention the skin color of the coach Lue replaced.
Lue had assistant coaching experience and you know it.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 25,440.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

There are dozens of reasons why a coach was or was not chosen that need to be looked at before ever getting to race as a possibility. There may be a certain style that the owner wants. Dr. Buss' last hire with the Lakers was Mike D'Antoni because he wanted a return to the Showtime style of basketball.

The Nets, with their firepower, wanted a system that will showcase that firepower, which is likely why they hired Nash.

Yeah, I know.....he got screwed out of coaching in the NBA so he went to his alma mater. It is when there are more black assistants than white ones and more white HC's than black ones.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell got the job because he was a legend in Boston.

Kareem wanted a head coaching job but never got one.
^ Interesting juxtaposition here.

:think:

F'n racist Lakers. :D

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kareem.

The list goes on of coaches who never got a shot.

Kareem made his own bed with how he often treated people when he was player. Not that he was exceptionally rude or anything, but he was aloof, could be dismissive and often didn't say a whole lot. He has even acknowledged this.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I know.....he got screwed out of coaching in the NBA so he went to his alma mater. It is when there are more black assistants than white ones and more white HC's than black ones.

lol

He didn't get screwed out of anything.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 147,157.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

I guess everyone can’t be Monte Williams

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lue had assistant coaching experience and you know it.

You specifically said no head coaching experience and what is your excuse for him replacing a white coach who had taken his team to the finals the season before and was 30-11 when he was fired.

You're way off base here. The fact that you're quoting Screamin' A. should have been your first clue.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 25,440.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You specifically said no head coaching experience and what is your excuse for him replacing a white coach who had taken his team to the finals the season before and was 30-11 when he was fired.

You're way off base here. The fact that you're quoting Screamin' A. should have been your first clue.
Nash had no coaching experience and you know that was the point.

Lue had experience as an assistant.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is when there are more black assistants than white ones and more white HC's than black ones.

And how many black former players have chosen to go into broadcasting rather than coaching? I look at pre-game shows, post game shows, talk shows, etc. and I see a lot of black former players.

Have you considered the possibility that lack of interest in coaching may be the reason? Why aren't Shaq, Barkley and Kenny Smith coaching? How about Kendrick Perkins? Why did Kobe choose to coach kids instead of coach in the NBA? Pretty sure the Lakers would have hired him.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 25,440.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And how many black former players have chosen to go into broadcasting rather than coaching? I look at pre-game shows, post game shows, talk shows, etc. and I see a lot of black former players.

Have you considered the possibility that lack of interest in coaching may be the reason? Why aren't Shaq, Barkley and Kenny Smith coaching? How about Kendrick Perkins? Why did Kobe choose to coach kids instead of coach in the NBA? Pretty sure the Lakers would have hired him.
There are more black assistant coaches than white ones.....