• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, but there could be a couple...and getting stops on those can be crucial. Not sure it was any more than that.

I don't know either. I literally said two rather limited comments about it and here we are 3 days later still talking about.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But there aren't that many times in a game where you can have an all defense lineup on the court.

I mean only in every single one possession game in the final minute when you know you're going to use a timeout immediately after no matter what

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know either. I literally said two rather limited comments about it and here we are 3 days later still talking about.

And yet, here you are, 3 days later, talking about it.
I understood what the Tweet was saying. I was fully aware that the Tweet wasn't suggesting that that this would ever been a starting 5 or even get any real minutes together.

And yet you felt the need to point out how limited that lineup would be offensively if it were used. That doesn't seem like a comment that indicates you understanding how little that type of lineup would actually be used.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean only in every single one possession game in the final minute when you know you're going to use a timeout immediately after no matter what

And as I posted earlier, unless Bam and Jimmy aren't available, you're not likely to ever actually see that lineup on the floor together.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet, here you are, 3 days later, talking about it.

People keep responding to me about it. I'm not the one who keeps bringing it up

And yet you felt the need to point out how limited that lineup would be offensively if it were used. That doesn't seem like a comment that indicates you understanding how little that type of lineup would actually be used.

FFS. This is what I said. Notice where I said "30 seconds of game time"

So they have Ariza and Iguodala for 30 seconds of game time? How is that group of 5 scoring any points?

Wow. What a crazy comment!!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People keep responding to me about it. I'm not the one who keeps bringing it up

FFS. This is what I said. Notice where I said "30 seconds of game time"

Wow. What a crazy comment!!

It's a lineup that is unlikely to ever be used...ever. The only circumstance would be if Bam and Jimmy are both out and they had to have a stop at the end of a game or half.

The reporter made a comment simply pointing out how many top defenders they had, never actually suggested they would use the lineup and felt like it needed to be analyzed.

Now you're trying to walk it back. lol

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And as I posted earlier, unless Bam and Jimmy aren't available, you're not likely to ever actually see that lineup on the floor together.

I disagree with that as it is a situational lineup. Assuming they don't trade Bradley, I can see them going with that lineup vs a team like Brooklyn at the end of game if they need a stop. The last thing you want against Brooklyn is them using a screen to get a poor defender like Dragic, Herro, or Robinson on one of their big 3. If you have 5 good defenders then you better put them on the floor in that situation.

2 defenders on the court isn't good enough when you have 3 of the top 10 offensive players on the same team and top 10 is probably a stretch. It is more like 3 of the top 5

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a lineup that is unlikely to ever be used...ever. The only circumstance would be if Bam and Jimmy are both out and they had to have a stop at the end of a game or half.

The reporter made a comment simply pointing out how many top defenders they had, never actually suggested they would use the lineup and felt like it needed to be analyzed.

Now you're trying to walk it back. lol

I quoted the VERY FIRST thing I said and now I'm walking it back by... reposting it because you accused me of not knowing?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somehow it seems like Lebron passed Embiid in the MVP race last night lol

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with that as it is a situational lineup. Assuming they don't trade Bradley, I can see them going with that lineup vs a team like Brooklyn at the end of game if they need a stop. The last thing you want against Brooklyn is them using a screen to get a poor defender like Dragic, Herro, or Robinson on one of their big 3. If you have 5 good defenders then you better put them on the floor in that situation.

2 defenders on the court isn't good enough when you have 3 of the top 10 offensive players on the same team and top 10 is probably a stretch. It is more like 3 of the top 5

I don't think I was very clear on what I meant. I meant that, unless Bam and Jimmy are both out for the game (injured, Covid protocol, etc.), you might see a lineup of Bam, Jimmy and 3 of those 5 that the reporter mentioned (thus making offense much less worrisome) before you'd see a lineup of just the 5 the reporter mentioned. Dragic, Herro and Robinson wouldn't be on the floor.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indeed. Oral Roberts beat OSU. LOL at you @WiggyRuss . Sorry @dtgold88

Damn Suckeyes destroyed my bracket on the very first day. I had them losing to Gonzaga in the title game.

Seriously thinking about banning every tOSU fan on the whole site. lol

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somehow it seems like Lebron passed Embiid in the MVP race last night lol

Gonna be close to impossible for Embiid to win the award at this point.

Last edited:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna be close to impossible for Embiid to win the aware at this point.

Seems so. Lakers started their yearly tradition of how lebron should always be the MVP last night. They seem to not understand that the award doesnt always go to the best player in the league. Kuzma said lebron should have 8 or 10 mvps while vogel said he doesnt understand why lebron doesn't win the mvp every year since he's the best player in the league. Both claims are laughable. Even the biggest Lebron fanboy Shannon Sharpe said that Kuzma statement was ridiculous. Had he said 6 then i would agree. 8 or 10? Ridiculous statement

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems so. Lakers started their yearly tradition of how lebron should always be the MVP last night. They seem to not understand that the award doesnt always go to the best player in the league. Kuzma said lebron should have 8 or 10 mvps while vogel said he doesnt understand why lebron doesn't win the mvp every year since he's the best player in the league. Both claims are laughable. Even the biggest Lebron fanboy Shannon Sharpe said that Kuzma statement was ridiculous. Had he said 6 then i would agree. 8 or 10? Ridiculous statement

Yeah. We talked about that last week. I think we both agreed that 6 or 7 was about right.

Not sure he will win this year either. Jokic is having a monster season but he needs the Nuggets to step up their play.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. We talked about that last week. I think we both agreed that 6 or 7 was about right.

Not sure he will win this year either. Jokic is having a monster season but he needs the Nuggets to step up their play.

If it's not Embiid then it is likely Lebron. I would also put Harden in there but I know I'm alone on that one

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's not Embiid then it is likely Lebron. I would also put Harden in there but I know I'm alone on that one

Zero chance Harden wins the award even if he might actually deserve it. Dame has a better chance.