• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I enjoyed the 3 pt contest. I basically didn't watch the game. Probably watched it for a total of 2-3 minutes
Same here, the 3 pt contest is all that is worth watching.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People just don't get this. same for the NFL. Baseball pretty easy, though (other than close balls/strikes).
The NBA has allowed their game to become difficult to officiate by continuing to allow more and more transgressions. Anything more than a step and a half used to be traveling, physical contact was a foul, etc. Not only can you know physically contact a player defensively, but the offensive player can dislodge the defensive player. The NBA was not originally a contact sport of force.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Griffin to the Nets. Of all the teams interested, I actually thought the Nets is the worst place for it but it shouldn't really matter if all 3 of Harden/Kyrie/KD can stay healthy

I hope he goes there. Anywhere but the Lakers.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends....is he still also playing for the Warriors? Because adding him to the other team and taking him off the Warriors means those other teams win pretty easily IMO. Maybe not 2017.

Yeah that's exactly what I meant. Add his value to the other team, then subtract his value from the Warriors easily puts other teams ahead of the Warriors.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I enjoyed the 3 pt contest. I basically didn't watch the game. Probably watched it for a total of 2-3 minutes

Full disclosure, I was streaming a pro wrestling PPV on my laptop while watching all the NBA stuff so that may have taken away some of my investment. But even the times when I paid all of my attention to the ASG, everything felt just low energy. 3 Point Contest was definitely the best because its an event that doesn't really need anything. Once a guy starts shooting, it creates its own energy and you're locked into watching his total go up. But the Dunk Contest really needs a lot of people watching to get the full effect. Even if you get an awesome dunk (which we didn't get this year), it won't feel as big if there's not 15 to 20,000 people losing their minds. And the game itself, you could just tell most of the players weren't really invested in it. Then once Team Lebron got up by quite a bit, it got worse since everyone knew the game was out of reach.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was listening to a podcast and they had a great question. Wondering if any of the suns fans/people im Arizona would know.

Why is the suns mascot a gorilla?

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was listening to a podcast and they had a great question. Wondering if any of the suns fans/people im Arizona would know.

Why is the suns mascot a gorilla?
Good question. I'd like to know that one myself. My son's a Suns fan because of that crazy mascot...

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good question. I'd like to know that one myself. My son's a Suns fan because of that crazy mascot...

From nba-.com/suns

The mascot was born by accident in 1980. A messanger for Eastern Onion, a singing telegram service, came to the coliseum during a home game dressed as a gorilla. As he was leaving coliseum security suggested he do a few dances under the basket during a timeout and fans went crazy. Then the guy kept showing up at games until he was offically invited by the Suns to be part of the team.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing laughable is your knowledge of the game
To say the majority of the players in the NBA work hard during off season is ridiculous.

after a long season of battle and fatigue, the media and the fans , they want nothing to do with game.

case & point... the other day breen and Clyde were talking about work ethic. Told a story about Kobe when Randle was with the lakers. Kobe asked Randle where you going this weekend. Randles response was ‘ I’m gonna be with family and friends. Kobe says , no you ain’t we going to gym and Randle went to gym. Now, we know Kobe had a rep for a great work ethic. Why should we know just about Kobe and not rest of league? It’s because most players do not put time in gym off season, they travel , with family. They do everything possible to get away from game.

heck, do you realize what fans do to these players , always seeking them out for an autograph, or a picture. Kids used to knock on our doors for an autograph. Even now, once in awhile , through the mail, a collector sends me my card for an autograph. And I never made it to show.

it’s their time off , and they use it for rest and relaxation.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
case & point... the other day breen and Clyde were talking about work ethic. Told a story about Kobe when Randle was with the lakers. Kobe asked Randle where you going this weekend. Randles response was ‘ I’m gonna be with family and friends. Kobe says , no you ain’t we going to gym and Randle went to gym. Now, we know Kobe had a rep for a great work ethic. Why should we know just about Kobe and not rest of league? It’s because most players do not put time in gym off season, they travel , with family. They do everything possible to get away from game.

Who suggested they're working out 24/7 during the offseason? Of course they they travel and spend time with the family but idk why you act like they don't work out? Most players actually try and improve.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like a solid chance Porter Jr gets cut

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who suggested they're working out 24/7 during the offseason? Of course they they travel and spend time with the family but idk why you act like they don't work out? Most players actually try and improve.

Additionally, many players, especially top players,take personal trainers with them when they travel so that can get their workouts in.