• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny, last week I was complaining that the Lakers hadn't been on in a while. After a few bad games, I was only half-heartedly watching last night (after doing the same with Syracuse losing big to Duke). Blechh.

Gotta be tough for the Lakers right now since they're missing AD & Schroder.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's sad is Minny is so bad the Ws probably won't get that pick in this year's draft (top 3 protected)

It's all down to the lottery balls. The Warriors are actually more likely to get it this year than not. Minimum 60% chance.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's sad is Minny is so bad the Ws probably won't get that pick in this year's draft (top 3 protected)

And I think the best scenario for the Warriors is that Minny finishes with the worst record. That way, if Minny doesn't hit on their 40% chance of keeping the pick, the Warriors will wind up with the 4th or 5th pick because that's the furthest the Minny pick can fall if they have the worst record. I'll take the 60% chance at the 4th or 5th pick.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those other unis should be banned. It's an unfair advantage; the opponents feel like they've been dosed with LSD.
And when they do the court the same way it’s really bad.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how that is any different. Supposedly Boogie is not a fit due to his lack of lateral quickness defensively and just being a slow big. Describes Whiteside too.

With Schroeder out, seems to be odd timing to dump another PG (unless an upgrade in the backcourt depth fills one of the two open spots).

If they bring him in, it will be for the same reason they signed Dwight last year. Defense (especially rim protection) and rebounding.

For comparison:

Whiteside is playing only 15 minutes per game and is getting 1.5 blocks and 6 rebounds.

Dwight played 19 minutes per game last year and averaged 1 block and 7 rebounds.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Along with giving up waiting for him to decline...I have also decided to give up waiting for him to get tired.

Dude's a damn cyborg. It's the only theory that comes close to making sense at this point. lol

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they bring him in, it will be for the same reason they signed Dwight last year. Defense (especially rim protection) and rebounding.

For comparison:

Whiteside is playing only 15 minutes per game and is getting 1.5 blocks and 6 rebounds.

Dwight played 19 minutes per game last year and averaged 1 block and 7 rebounds.
Whiteside lead the league in blocks some years- that certainly doesnt mean his brand of defense helps.

I mean- he got the league minimum for a reason.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If LeBron cant start winninig games without AD, Embiid is really going to solidify himself as MVP.

Only real risk for Embiid is if he sits out too many games. Right now he has already missed a handful- he cant miss too many more in a reduced season.

If Lebron plays all 72 and Embiid only plays 60, a tie breaker would go to LeBron.

i dont think we will be in a tie-breaker type situation- but if we are that could def. be the difference.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whiteside lead the league in blocks some years- that certainly doesnt mean his brand of defense helps.

I mean- he got the league minimum for a reason.

The Lakers need rim protection and rebounds. He provides that. It's what the Lakers got from Dwight last year...also on a minimum.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"This is from Feb. 11th on a Porzingis trade to Golden St. https://nbaanalysis.net/2021/02/11/nba-rumors-dallas-mavericks-golden-state-warriors-trade-features-kristaps-porzingis/2/… Golden State Warriors Receive: Kristaps Porzingis, Josh Green, James Johnson Dallas Mavericks Receive: Andrew Wiggins, James Wiseman, Alen Smailagic, 2021 1st Round Pick (via MIN) Top 3 protected."

Lol

Get fucked on that idea
This Mavericks-Warriors Trade Features Kristaps Porzingis To Golden State

LOL. Warriors are hoping that Wiseman, Wiggins, and whomever they select with the Minny pick will be franchise cornerstones and lead the Warriors to continued success beyond the prime years of Curry. No way they give them up for KP.

Also, Smailagic is a small throw in piece in this trade idea, but there is at least one person in the Warriors organization who really loves him. Kirk Lacob, who is the son of Joe Lacob, apparently believes Smiley is the next Dirk. Maybe Dallas believes it, too. LOL.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If LeBron cant start winninig games without AD, Embiid is really going to solidify himself as MVP.

Only real risk for Embiid is if he sits out too many games. Right now he has already missed a handful- he cant miss too many more in a reduced season.

If Lebron plays all 72 and Embiid only plays 60, a tie breaker would go to LeBron.

i dont think we will be in a tie-breaker type situation- but if we are that could def. be the difference.
The only way Embiid doesn’t win is if he gets hurt in my opinion.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"This is from Feb. 11th on a Porzingis trade to Golden St. https://nbaanalysis.net/2021/02/11/nba-rumors-dallas-mavericks-golden-state-warriors-trade-features-kristaps-porzingis/2/… Golden State Warriors Receive: Kristaps Porzingis, Josh Green, James Johnson Dallas Mavericks Receive: Andrew Wiggins, James Wiseman, Alen Smailagic, 2021 1st Round Pick (via MIN) Top 3 protected."

Lol

Get fucked on that idea
This Mavericks-Warriors Trade Features Kristaps Porzingis To Golden State

I bet Luka to Wiseman alley oops would be really entertaining, though.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet Luka to Wiseman alley oops would be really entertaining, though.

I could maybe see them selling out and dealing Wiseman for KP but even that is a stretch. KP puts up empty stats imo until he can stay healthy and help lead a team to something.

Sure he's a big upgrade over Wiseman for this season but at a tremendous cost.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could maybe see them selling out and dealing Wiseman for KP but even that is a stretch. KP puts up empty stats imo until he can stay healthy and help lead a team to something.

Yeah, it seems like the Warriors are committed to the long game. They could've traded the no. 2 pick, but instead they kept it and chose Wiseman.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wouldn't do that trade (ok maybe) but KP doesn't have to lead anything, he's a #2. On the Ws he'd be a #3