• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did they win a championship without him lol
Now you are making things up...Sad!

BTW i said the same thing to you before during and after the trade...When you were still claiming small sample sizes and how the nets would be a trainwreck because of "defense"

Now that you have been proven wrong, you lash out in anger! :lol:

Did they win 1 with him?

He was teamed with the co-GOAT in Cleveland. Now he is teamed with 2 legit superstars.

Boston and the Nets last year didn’t miss a beat with Kyrie sidelined. They were the same caliber team with or without him.

I knocked the Nets defense. And I questioned fit between Kyrie and Harden.

But please find where I said they couldn’t win. Many on here did. Not me. I didn’t even say that before the Harden trade.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still genuinely pissed off about the Draymond situations. Have gone through a wide range of emotions. You would think a buzzer beater loss to Charlotte on the back end of a road back to back, without Steph, would be fine. Nope.

At what point is this too much? I think it's valid to start questioning it at some point. I've always stood by that Draymond over compensates his intensity to make up for the lack (or at least perceived) of the other stars of the team. But we continually have to say "he'll dial it back" and that is becoming a problem. Especially considering the challenges this Warrior team is going to have going forward with a changing roster and style of play it will be a dynamic that absolutely has to be monitored.

I will say this though, one thing working in his favor was that Steph was not on the court last night. If there's anyone Draymond does defer to on the team it's Steph. If Steph was there, I think he might have at least been able to save him from being ejected.

This is where Steph needs to step up to be the leader on this team. If there's any way to reign him in, it has to come from the top.

I'm with you man. A regular season game is no big deal, but what gnaws at me is that Draymond has never learned and it appears that he never will. Draymond blowing up and costing the team will be a constant problem moving forward. He's done it before on the biggest stage (2016 Finals), so a regular season game is nothing to him. If the Warriors ever become good enough again to challenge for a title, do they really want a ticking time bomb on their team?

The other issue, of course, is the shooting. How sustainable will the Draymond non-shooting point forward offense be? He can't even reliably make layups let alone floaters, mid range shots, or 3 pointers. The Death Lineup worked because you had 5 guys who could switch on defense and who could push the ball on offense and make you pay with their shooting whenever you left any one of them open. Now the Warriors have someone in Draymond who is a worse shooter than Tony Allen. His shooting has regressed so badly. He is nothing like the player he was in 2016. Can the Warriors really be at their best when one of their starters is shooting 35.9% on FG?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cant you say the same thing about Anthony Davis and Klay Thompson and basically a ton of other players?

Haven't seen them leave a championship contending team because they wanted to be "the man".

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure some of the "Hot take" morning shows will bring it up since they have to create content/controversy. That said, most informed fans realize you need multiple great players in order to win the championship.
Unless you're Hakeem Olajuwon or Larry Brown

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you man. A regular season game is no big deal, but what gnaws at me is that Draymond has never learned and it appears that he never will. Draymond blowing up and costing the team will be a constant problem moving forward. He's done it before on the biggest stage (2016 Finals), so a regular season game is nothing to him. If the Warriors ever become good enough again to challenge for a title, do they really want a ticking time bomb on their team?

The other issue, of course, is the shooting. How sustainable will the Draymond non-shooting point forward offense be? He can't even reliably make layups let alone floaters, mid range shots, or 3 pointers. The Death Lineup worked because you had 5 guys who could switch on defense and who could push the ball on offense and make you pay with their shooting whenever you left any one of them open. Now the Warriors have someone in Draymond who is a worse shooter than Tony Allen. His shooting has regressed so badly. He is nothing like the player he was in 2016. Can the Warriors really be at their best when one of their starters is shooting 35.9% on FG?
its hard to play offense at a high level when its 4 on 5 and a guy is basically just not a threat.

believe me- i have watched plenty of Okoro this season.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry as well...The guy would have 0 championships without injuries and Durant

Kyrie is winning right now without Durant, just butch slapped crying to the refs lebron last week lol

You don't pay attention to recent Finals history do you? Here's a quick recap.

2020- injury bug gets the Heat (Bam & Dragic)
2019- injury bug gets Warriors
2016- injuries to a couple Warriors (and Dray's stupidity)
2015- Irving & Love injured for Finals

So 4 outta the last 6 Finals one of the teams had to deal with the injury bug in some form. And trying to diminish the greatest shooter the league has ever seen. Good idea. How's that working out for you so far?

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its hard to play offense at a high level when its 4 on 5 and a guy is basically just not a threat.

All of the Pistons championships have come with such a roster

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Warriors were basically playing 3 on 5 too when the Warriors were starting Looney out there too. Kind of makes what Steph did during that run even more impressive, IMO.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I liked watching those Pistons Bad Boys teams. And anytime the Lakers lose in the Finals it's a good thing.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's a different NBA now. LOL. Also, Draymond can't even be counted on to make layups. He misses so many of those. I'm also guessing that Ben Wallace never had a season where he only made 35.9% of his FG attempts, which is where Draymond is right now with his shooting.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a different NBA now. LOL. Also, Draymond can't even be counted on to make layups. He misses so many of those. I'm also guessing that Ben Wallace never had a season where he only made 35.9% of his FG attempts, which is where Draymond is right now with his shooting.
Ben wasn't dumb enough to think that he was a jump shooter when he was playing well. He actually had a few seasons below that throughout his carreer.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But you still are way undervaluing his contributions in facilitating for others.

Way undervaluing.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Draymond is playing fine imo. More than fine to be honest as of late. It's his demeanor that cost the game for the Warriors, not his play. That's what needs to be addressed.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Colin is as dumb as they get. The guy doesn't watch games or even review stats. Just talk of his ass and hope he doesn't get called out for it

Herro who is "incredibly limited" and "doesn't have much of a game" if you run him off the 3 pt line is somehow shooting 45% fg (shot 42% last season) and avg 17 PPG (avg 13 last season) while shooting only 34% from 3 (shot 39% from 3 last season)....Really limited I see

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colin is as dumb as they get. The guy doesn't watch games or even review stats. Just talk of his ass and hope he doesn't get called out for it

Herro who is "incredibly limited" and "doesn't have much of a game" if you run him off the 3 pt line is somehow shooting 45% fg (shot 42% last season) and avg 17 PPG (avg 13 last season) while shooting only 34% from 3 (shot 39% from 3 last season)....Really limited I see
I hope your not expecting anyone to argue with you on you hot take of ,"Colin is an idiot that no one should take seriously.". This is simply a given , like the sun will come up tomorrow, gravity works, or the earth is flat...

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope your not expecting anyone to argue with you on you hot take of ,"Colin is an idiot that no one should take seriously.". This is simply a given , like the sun will come up tomorrow, gravity works, or the earth is flat...

I wasn't lol. Do a little research if you're hosting a sports show. Guy is embarrassing

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Too many idiots with a national platform. It's like Barkley saying back then that the Warriors can't win because they're a jump shooting team, while apparently not knowing that the Warriors were leading the league in points in the paint.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too many idiots with a national platform. It's like Barkley saying back then that the Warriors can't win because they're a jump shooting team, while apparently not knowing that the Warriors were leading the league in points in the paint.

Yep the national guys either don't watch at all or only watch when the team is on their network.

You think Barkley, Shaq, and Kenny is currently watching basketball? THe only basketball they probably watched since Thursday was Nets/Clippers