• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so Jamal Murray should be the 2nd option on a qteam who wants to win a title? Lmaoooo

Lets swap ad for jamal murray and ask yourself if the lakers win the title last season.
Maybe, maybe not.

Murray is still just 23....he has time to get even better and he's already pretty good.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have Jokic....they don't need a true PG.

Yes they do. They also need someone who can do more than just score. Murray doesn't have a positive impact on a game if he isn't scoring

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dj is another one. Always one to jump on the bandwagon. Another one with very low basketball iq.

Jamal Murray isn't a number 2 option until he add more to his game. My stance will never change on that
There is a prime example.

Mr know it all with an incessant desire to be better than others....

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, maybe not.

Murray is still just 23....he has time to get even better and he's already pretty good.

Who said he cant get better? Point is if you're serious about winning a title, the current version of Jamal Murray wont get you a title if he's the 2nd best player on your team

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh there's no rivalry. Just pointing out to him some of the outright bullshit he's spewed. He's nothing more than a clown that has a very overvalued opinion of himself.

He is 100% right on Murray though.

There is gray area of course. But in general, look at the #2 players on title teams from the past decade. All are better than Murray. Some by a lot.

Jokic is playing at an elite level. They have other good players on their roster too. If Murray was a high caliber 2nd option, this team would be right there on the short list of contenders with the Lakers, Clippers, Sixers and Nets.

They aren’t.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dj is another one. Always one to jump on the bandwagon. Another one with very low basketball iq.

Jamal Murray isn't a number 2 option until he add more to his game. My stance will never change on that

What's up with you trying to insult every person that disagrees or has a difference of opinion to you?

Now I happen to agree with you on the Murray thing - I don't think he's a legit 2nd option on a true title contender. Definitely not in the same tier as guys like AD, PG, Simmons or Harden/Kyrie.

But ease off with the butthurt, dude. You've literally done this to almost everybody on this board.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is gray area of course. But in general, look at the #2 players on title teams from the past decade. All are better than Murray. Some by a lot.

Jokic is playing at an elite level. They have other good players on their roster too. If Murray was a high caliber 2nd option, this team would be right there on the short list of contenders with the Lakers, Clippers, Sixers and Nets.

They aren’t.

Exactly it's not even like i dislike Murray. Seems like a good person but right now he just not there in terms of being a top 2 player on a team. Right now he is perfect as a #3

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They aren’t.

So at only 24 years old (in a couple of days) Murray's reached his peak in the league? I'm not saying you're saying that, but that other fella seems to think he has. That I disagree with. But the Nuggets aren't winning a title with this current roster anyway.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So at only 24 years old (in a couple of days) Murray's reached his peak in the league? I'm not saying you're saying that, but that other fella seems to think he has. That I disagree with. But the Nuggets aren't winning a title with this current roster anyway.

I have never said he reached his peak but he is showing very little improvements outside of the bubble. There is very little difference between the player he was 2019 to the player he is now

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn’t say that.

I also agree with DJ that the Nuggets don’t need a true point guard because of Jokic’s skill set.

I don’t think it is impossible that Murray reaches that level, but I doubt he ever does. Best chance for Denver to get to that elite tier, IMO is if everything clicks for MPJ and he overtakes Murray as their 2nd best guy. They also must improve defensively.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t say that.

I also agree with DJ that the Nuggets don’t need a true point guard because of Jokic’s skill set.

I don’t think it is impossible that Murray reaches that level, but I doubt he ever does. Best chance for Denver to get to that elite tier, IMO is if everything clicks for MPJ and he overtakes Murray as their 2nd best guy. They also must improve defensively.

Yeah the Nuggets are on a short list of teams that don't have to rely on a true PG. I think Murray could average more ppg. But only on a bad team with a HC that would let him jack-up way too many shots a game. For his game he's in a perfect place right now. Good call on the D. Not sure where they're ranked defensively but my guess would be somewhere between 16 and 22. That's not good.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, coach a pretty impartial cat. Which is why his opinions are usually reliable...

With the unfortunate injury to AD (I don't like to see players get injured no matter who they play for) will LeBron put the Lakers on his back and keep them in or around that # 2 spot in WC? He does that and the MVP trophy will end up in Los Angeles and not Philly.