• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The GOAT.

Passed Montana IMO.

If I had one game to win I'm not taking Brady. I'm taking the QB that has the perfect S.B. record, better rating and no TO's in the biggest of games.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 26,896.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I had one game to win I'm not taking Brady. I'm taking the QB that has the perfect S.B. record, better rating and no TO's in the biggest of games.
Neither is a bad choice but Brady made it to 10 SB's.....in 48% of his seasons in the NFL.

Think about that for a second. It's crazy.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t even think there is a legit case to be made for anyone else at this point. Especially after doing it in another organization at age 43 and considering they weren’t even a playoff team last season.

Obviously, I'm biased, but I think this is also a co-GOAT situation like with MJ, LeBron, Kareem. If the rules protecting the QB were around in Montana's day, maybe he plays much longer. Interestingly, Montana's postseason passer rating is 5 points higher than Brady's even though he played in a much tougher era for passers to be successful. And Montana has a Super Bowl paaser rating of 127.8.

I also think Unitas is a co-GOAT.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t even think there is a legit case to be made for anyone else at this point. Especially after doing it in another organization at age 43 and considering they weren’t even a playoff team last season.

Yeah, Brady has pretty much lapped the field at this point. Mahomes is likely the only 1 with a shot at catching him in our lifetimes. But I'm not sure he can sustain it long enough

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like cheaters. No matter what sport. I define Brady's legacy two ways.

1. his team has been caught twice illegally videotaping opponents

2. he refused to cooperate with an invetsigation. Instead he destroyed his cell phone and took a 4 game suspension. And that's not tha actions of someone that has nothing to hide.

This question can obviously never be answered but how many S.B. wins & trips would he really have if the Pats weren't outright cheaters?

I put Brady in the same category as MLBers like Bonds, Sosa & McGwire. They all knowingly cheated.

Stop it.

Deflate gate maybe, but even that was never definitively proven.

Videotaping opposing sidelines and practices has absolutely nothing to do with the player. That is a coach/organizational decision.

Cant put that on Brady.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,896.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree....

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop it.

Deflate gate maybe, but even that was never definitively proven.

Videotaping opposing sidelines and practices has absolutely nothing to do with the player. That is a coach/organizational decision.

Cant put that on Brady.

If he had nothing to hide why not cooperate instead of taking that 4 game suspension? And I find it hard to believe that he didn't know what the team was doing.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,896.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do the Heat have their players back? I like them -6.5 if they back to fielding a real team rather than a G-League squad.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like cheaters. No matter what sport. I define Brady's legacy two ways.

1. his team has been caught twice illegally videotaping opponents

2. he refused to cooperate with an invetsigation. Instead he destroyed his cell phone and took a 4 game suspension. And that's not tha actions of someone that has nothing to hide.

This question can obviously never be answered but how many S.B. wins & trips would he really have if the Pats weren't outright cheaters?

I put Brady in the same category as MLBers like Bonds, Sosa & McGwire. They all knowingly cheated.
Exactly the same amount of trips.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly the same amount of trips.

So you don't think them cheating helped with all the S.B. trips? We're gonna have to agree to disagree on this one.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you don't think them cheating helped with all the S.B. trips? We're gonna have to agree to disagree on this one.
It's a free country.

How much do you think the amount of air in the ball affected their winning percentage? How do you know their opponents didn't cheat? You're being a moralistic church lady about this. None of it has anything to do with Brady's obvious greatness.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a free country.

How much do you think the amount of air in the ball affected their winning percentage? How do you know their opponents didn't cheat? You're being a moralistic church lady about this. None of it has anything to do with Brady's obvious greatness.

A moralistic church lady? Okay dumbbell. Since you're obviously very slow I'll repeat something I've said dozens of times. I don't like any player outta ann arbor. So of course I'm gonna be overly critical.

There's not doubt the Pats cheated. But keep pretending what they did never gave them any type of an unfair advantage.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A moralistic church lady? Okay dumbbell. Since you're obviously very slow I'll repeat something I've said dozens of times. I don't like any player outta ann arbor. So of course I'm gonna be overly critical.

There's not doubt the Pats cheated. But keep pretending what they did never gave them any type of an unfair advantage.
You are the pissiest bitch on the NBA board. Oh my god someone disagreed with you.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 150,457.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The longevity of LeBron's greatness gives him the edge. He never took a 2 year break from the sport and he looks like he can keep going for years. He has already played in 200 more regular season games and close to 100 more playoff games than Jordan. On top of that, he's the better passer and rebounder. He's arguably also the better shooter. LeBron can knock down 3's and he has a higher TS% than Jordan.
Just comes down how you view greatness. Top of their game in their prime, I know who I’m betting on.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 150,457.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And for the record moralistic church ladies make damn good moms.

Last edited:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think the "deflate gate" thing is a big deal or gave them much, if any advantage. Every quarterback at every level of football has his own inflation level that he likes.

The NFL has a range that the ball is supposed to inflated within. Most guys like the ball inflated within that range. But some guys like it a little underinflated/overinflated (a little out of the NFL's range). I don't remember exactly, but I think it may have been Carson Palmer who said he actually liked the ball a little overinflated. He basically just smiled when asked if the ball was somehow magically at his preferred inflation level by game time. lol

Virtually everyone does things that are outside the rules to give themselves an advantage (if you ain't cheatin' you ain't tryin'). The Patriots were just dumb enough to get caught.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 150,457.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never liked Brady and I never will. But a couple Super Bowls ago it had to be acknowledged that he is the GOAT and he will be hard to replace.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If he had nothing to hide why not cooperate instead of taking that 4 game suspension? And I find it hard to believe that he didn't know what the team was doing.
Spygate.was the one that kinda did it for me. I'm still at a loss as to why Goodell destroyed the evidence...

but hey, if you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin'...

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the "deflate gate" thing is a big deal or gave them much, if any advantage. Every quarterback at every level of football has his own inflation level that he likes.

The NFL has a range that the ball is supposed to inflated within. Most guys like the ball inflated within that range. But some guys like it a little underinflated/overinflated (a little out of the NFL's range). I don't remember exactly, but I think it may have been Carson Palmer who said he actually liked the ball a little overinflated. He basically just smiled when asked if the ball was somehow magically at his preferred inflation level by game time. lol

Virtually everyone does things that are outside the rules to give themselves an advantage (if you ain't cheatin' you ain't tryin'). The Patriots were just dumb enough to get caught.

Most should know by now how anti ann arbor I am. So of course I'll never have anything decent to say about any athlete that played there. But some will give the Pats a free pass on their cheating. I won't. And don't misunderstand what I'm saying here. I'm not calling you out or saying you've given them any kinda free pass. Just talking about some people in general.

The people that defend Brady & Pats for the outright cheating they have been busted for are no different than Bonds/Sosa/Clemens defenders.