• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul George was actually good in the Denver series. The Dallas series where he was pretty bad.

His numbers in the Denver series was basically the same numbers he put up in the regular season last year so maybe the criticism isn't exactly fair unless you think he was bad in the regular season as well

2nd round vs DEN- 21.7 PPG, 5.4 RPG, and 3.6 APG on 43% shooting and 39% shooting from 3

Regular season- 21.5 PPG, 5.7 RPG, and 3.9 APG on 44% shooting and 41% shooting from 3.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis and James didn't even play. Kawhi and George did. Lakers still beat the Clippers. Just crown us right now. Everyone else is playing for a runner up banner!

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2021 Warriors We Believe edition starting tomorrow. It's gonna be a wild ride.

This year more than anything I hope we see a Steph Curry appreciation resurgence instead of all the "overrated" star talk. People say he needs to prove something this year, and to an extent I agree. He's also realistically only got another season or two at peak levels of performance. So let's appreciate it while we can.

The three things I'm looking for the most this year:

1) Get through the season for the most part unscathed health wise.
2) Development of Wiggins, Paschall and Wiseman as future foundational pieces.
3) Timberwolves imploding and further cementing another top pick for next season.
a big part of the Warriors was always their skill, intelligence, and toughness.

I absolutely do not see those traits in Wiggins and Wiseman. If those are going to be your "foundational pieces" i think the Warriors are destined to return to mediocrity before long.

oodles of athleticism but as far as skill, intelligence and toughness go- i do not think Wiseman and Wiggins gets there.

we shall see.

I understand why they took Wiseman where they did--- it was not a high-level draft at the top of the draft and his athleticism is just so huge- but i just do not like taking a big man that high in todays league and how he has handled his business in his young career kind of looks like a red-flag.

and paschall is a 6'6" power forward that cant shoot a 3. Not sure what you mean by saying you hope he is a possible future "foundational piece" but i think that is pie-in-the-sky. Looks more like a poor mans Trez.

now that Twolves pick- in next years absolutely stunningly loaded draft- can absolutely deliver a foundational piece if it falls in the top 6-8 picks.

Last edited:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as much as Mobley is being heralded as a top 5, if not top 3 pick- I just cant see a big man going that high unless he is Zion or AD.

Take the wing or PG. Every time.

I get Lonzo was not a great fit- but career wise I bet he is much more impactful than Wiseman.

I actually feel really good about Okoro at #5---- and while it would have been a stretch to take him over Wiseman just on upside- something tells me Okoro will have the better NBA career.

Wiseman has a high ceiling if he figures it out- no doubt- but I highly doubt it comes to fruition. He is in a good situation right now with the spacing he will get- but do i see him as a guy who leads a team at some point?

no.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is there any chance that the Rockets might actually have something if Wall and Cousins can do something and they get Harden back in the fold?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. It's not this time last year. If they had signed him to that contract this time last year, people would say he was worth it at the time he was signed. But they didn't.

This is nonsense. No one is overreacting to anything. He has failed repeatedly in the playoffs. Not just this past season.

Thompson has proven he's worth that kind of money. PG has proven he isn't.

Him getting that kind of money doesn't make him worth that kind of money. Hell, Tristan Thompson was more worth the contract he got that everyone complained about when he got it than PG is this one.

But, as you said, that's the economy in the NBA right now.

I am as big a Klay Thompson fan as anybody here.

But signing Klay Thompson with a torn ACL is a bigger risk than signing Paul George.

The Warriors were always going to sign him. But so too were the Clippers (or somebody else) with George.

And please, go look at PG’s playoff numbers.

Yes, his FG% has been down in the playoffs for 3 of the past 4 years. But over that span he has still averaged about 25 PPG and contributed elite wing defense. He has had some very bad playoff games.

But His numbers aren’t as bad as some of you are making them out to be.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really enjoyed the Clips-Lakers preseason contest. Very good chance to watch all the new hires. We got some real good players and possible steals with Montrezl Harrell and his double-double, Dennis Schroeder looked every bit as talented as advertised, and a very solid game by Talen Horton-Tucker, Wesley Matthews, and Kyle Kuzma. Horton-Tucker did some solid scoring and Kuzma just needs the work. Matthews produced some good minutes and he will be another great addition in the back-up role. Lakers win it 87-81.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really enjoyed the Clips-Lakers preseason contest. Very good chance to watch all the new hires. We got some real good players and possible steals with Montrezl Harrell and his double-double, Dennis Schroeder looked every bit as talented as advertised, and a very solid game by Talen Horton-Tucker, Wesley Matthews, and Kyle Kuzma. Horton-Tucker did some solid scoring and Kuzma just needs the work. Matthews produced some good minutes and he will be another great addition in the back-up role. Lakers win it 87-81.
yeah, it was a good way to check out the rest of who might make it on the roster. had my eye on Shroeder and Cacok quite a bit. Kuzma is still inconsistent with his shooting i think, and THT i think'll definitely have a roster spot on opening night...

Just my :2cents:...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's pre-season, but I thought Horton-Tucker looked good. Hopefully he'll get more playing time. When they played him last year, he tended to play well. From what I've heard, Vogel really likes him.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is there any chance that the Rockets might actually have something if Wall and Cousins can do something and they get Harden back in the fold?
None, no

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I absolutely do not see those traits in Wiggins and Wiseman. If those are going to be your "foundational pieces" i think the Warriors are destined to return to mediocrity before long.

oodles of athleticism but as far as skill, intelligence and toughness go- i do not think Wiseman and Wiggins gets there.

we shall see.

I understand why they took Wiseman where they did--- it was not a high-level draft at the top of the draft and his athleticism is just so huge- but i just do not like taking a big man that high in todays league and how he has handled his business in his young career kind of looks like a red-flag.

and paschall is a 6'6" power forward that cant shoot a 3. Not sure what you mean by saying you hope he is a possible future "foundational piece" but i think that is pie-in-the-sky. Looks more like a poor mans Trez.

now that Twolves pick- in next years absolutely stunningly loaded draft- can absolutely deliver a foundational piece if it falls in the top 6-8 picks.

you can get away with it if he’s either a big who can stretch the floor or can control the paint like a gobert.

Im not sure he’s any of those, but he’s a little freakish as an athlete. He filled a need.

I would’ve taken Ball, especially after klay went down. He could’ve learned on the fly form one of the best. He was clearly the best prospect in the draft Imo. But he had higher risk than prospects of his caliber normally do.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

we shall see.

I’ve seen you mention Wisemans intelligence a few times. What are you referring to?

Foundational pieces to me are guys that will have significant roles on the team. That doesn’t mean they’re necessarily going to be the superstars, which is why I included Paschall. I liked what I saw from him last year as rookie and think there is room for improvement.

As for Wiggins, I agree he’s still a big risk. I just really want to see what he does in this type of environment, culturally and professionally, to get him to maximize his potential.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's pre-season, but I thought Horton-Tucker looked good. Hopefully he'll get more playing time. When they played him last year, he tended to play well. From what I've heard, Vogel really likes him.
Yea I am hearing and seeing that as well TJF12. If Horton-Tucker continues to play as well as he has been, Kuzma may be gonso even though the two play different positions. Just spit-balling here but, if Pelinka can get some real assets for Kuzma, he may pull the trigger soon. If not, the Lakers will probably stick with Kuzma and hope that eventually he'll live-up to the billing that was placed on him by Magic when he drafted Kuzma.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I am hearing and seeing that as well TJF12. If Horton-Tucker continues to play as well as he has been, Kuzma may be gonso even though the two play different positions. Just spit-balling here but, if Pelinka can get some real assets for Kuzma, he may pull the trigger soon. If not, the Lakers will probably stick with Kuzma and hope that eventually he'll live-up to the billing that was placed on him by Magic when he drafted Kuzma.
Yeah, sorry about double K' for real. Had high hopes for this kid, but it ain't looking like he's gonna be a keeper going forward...

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if Double K goes, than the last of the Magic GM era picks and signees will be gone. Magic finally proved he is better at being a cheer-leader/spokes/salesman for the Lakers than any front office stalwart. The minutia and patience that goes with that position he just doesn't have. Pelinka does, Magic doesn't.