• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA Offseason

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see....RW is just 32 and keeps himself in great shape.....I'm not worried. Acting like he's LeBron's age.

Lebron's a freak of nature. Westbrook relies on fast twitched muscle fibers, hence his explosiveness. That tends to go quicker.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Westbrook's miles? No more than most superstars. He hasn't been to the finals since OKC. Sure he plays hard and fast, but that's not an overload of minutes and he's always had a second star in tandem.

He's been doing deep playoff runs since the Finals. It's not like he hasn't been to the playoffs. He does have 3 seasons in a row where he averaged a triple-double. That does take some semblance of effort.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If just Lebron got injured, would it be an AD-led team? I mean, he's the better player, but when I say "led", I meant who the offense runs through and I'd imagine that Westbrook would then run the offense.

That's what would remain to be seen. I would hope that the offense would run through AD. But no Lebron might be too much for Westbrook to be able to ignore his "baser instincts". lol

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron's a freak of nature. Westbrook relies on fast twitched muscle fibers, hence his explosiveness. That tends to go quicker.
This might be the damndest thing Ive ever heard.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Westbrook's miles? No more than most superstars. He hasn't been to the finals since OKC. Sure he plays hard and fast, but that's not an overload of minutes and he's always had a second star in tandem.

He's 7th among active players. The people ahead of him?

Lebron
Carmelo
Dwight Howard
Iggy
Chris Paul
Kevin Durant

Not saying the tank is empty certainly but his 32000 minutes

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have full confidence the Cavs are on the right track- and especially considering their past draft positions- have really drafted pretty well.

The Heat on the other hand have shoved all their pieces in the middle of the table and have about a 2 year window now- and its still not like they are an elite team with realistic championship aspirations.

but we shall see!

I sure hope Mobley turns out as good as so many people think. I hate taking a big so high in the draft- but, as i have read over and over- bigs with this skill set do not come around too often. I am very excited about him and Garland and Mobley growing together on the offensive end, and Allen, Okoro and Mobley growing together on the defensive end.
When is the last time the Cavs made the playoffs, when LeBron wasnt on the roster?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have full confidence the Cavs are on the right track- and especially considering their past draft positions- have really drafted pretty well.

The Heat on the other hand have shoved all their pieces in the middle of the table and have about a 2 year window now- and its still not like they are an elite team with realistic championship aspirations.

but we shall see!

I sure hope Mobley turns out as good as so many people think. I hate taking a big so high in the draft- but, as i have read over and over- bigs with this skill set do not come around too often. I am very excited about him and Garland and Mobley growing together on the offensive end, and Allen, Okoro and Mobley growing together on the defensive end.

Are you really arguing you would rather be in the Cavs position than the Heat right now?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you really arguing you would rather be in the Cavs position than the Heat right now?

I 100% guarantee he'd tell you he'd rather be in the Cavs situation rather than the Bucks or Nets because both teams are capped out and will be screwed once their window closes.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One position the Lakers have yet to address in the FA period and they have a definite need there is the Center spot. Right now, they have two old Centers who are playing pretty well. If one or both get injured, the Lakers are in deep kimche.

Perhaps in the last three spots left open they will re-sign Antetekounmpo and then put together a deal to move Schroeder and pick-up a young True Center for the future. Just sayin.

As you can see, the team is loaded with both types of guards and forwards. They only have two Centers listed. Granted AD can switch between the Center and Forward spots but in would behoove the Lakers to start looking in the direction of another good Center.

The roster is pretty up-to-date except for McKinnie who has been released.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe DeMarcus Cousins is finally ready to comeback to the Lakers (like just about everyone else or so it seems) and commence his career in earnest. He is a FA and has yet to re-up with the ClipJoint. He can walk down the hall and knock on the Lakers door.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When is the last time the Cavs made the playoffs, when LeBron wasnt on the roster?
1997-98, but kind of a silly argument/point to try and make. They only had 5 playoff-less seasons before they acquired Lebron, then made it in his 3rd season. So they went 7 years without the playoffs. NY had a recent 7 year stretch. 8 for NY. 6 for Philly. Bulls are going on 5. suns had an 11 year stretch before this past season (did go 48-34 in there, but 7 years since that season).

Then they obviously had him and were mostly successful (no titles). Lost him and had 4 seasons with no playoffs, got him back and had their run. Now are only in year 4 without him. If they get back in the next 2 seasons that is a shorter streak than the most recent ones by NY and LA.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1997-98, but kind of a silly argument/point to try and make. They only had 5 playoff-less seasons before they acquired Lebron, then made it in his 3rd season. So they went 7 years without the playoffs. NY had a recent 7 year stretch. 8 for NY. 6 for Philly. Bulls are going on 5. suns had an 11 year stretch before this past season (did go 48-34 in there, but 7 years since that season).

Then they obviously had him and were mostly successful (no titles). Lost him and had 4 seasons with no playoffs, got him back and had their run. Now are only in year 4 without him. If they get back in the next 2 seasons that is a shorter streak than the most recent ones by NY and LA.

I always enjoy how no one dares lump Detroit in these convos even though the current state of affairs is completely unrelated and not affected by the past.

I wonder why that is though

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

but we shall see!

jesus christ GIF

Jesus fucking Christ

• Haha
Reactions: DJ