• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA Offseason

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being a Thunder fan I guess I’m stuck in permanent assets mode. To me having a healthy Oladipo under contract at some point by only paying him the minimum seems like a wise move to me.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's time to submit a missing persons report for Daryl Morey.
Patience bro. It’s about the Dame and Beal timetable and neither the Blazers nor the Wizards got any better.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are. But we know what a team led by Westbrook looks like.

If the they are being led by Westbrook, that means Lebron is out and maybe AD too. Which means the Lakers aren't winning a title anyway. I don't think any Lakers fan believes that if we lose Lebron or AD for the playoffs...they can still win a title.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its only 3 years. 5 years is in 2 years. Lowry will be 37 30 million a year- a 6 foot guard. Butler will be going into his age in his age 35 season making 48M a year- with a ton of miles on his odometer.

by that point the Cavs young guys will be further on in their development and itll be VERY interesting.

Why do you keep speculating on what the Heat will be in 2 more year?
You said the Cavs, 5 years post James would be more successful then the Heat were during their first 5 post James seasons.
You have a lot of work to do to be correct.

As far as the age of players, of course it matters, but not near as much as it did in past generations of players.
Technology, diet, etc have lengthened many productive careers

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the original point was more on how Westbrook may start hitting his decline given his style of play and miles he has.

That's where the way this team is constructed may very well help him.

Assuming that everyone sticks with they apparently agreed to when they met (heard this morning that Melo may have been there too), Westbrook and Lebron will be splitting running the offense. So there shouldn't be near as much "Westbrook vs. the World" as we're used to seeing. Hopefully, that will save wear and tear on both him and Lebron.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the glut of guards already on the Lakers, not sure where Green would fit in, and who starts? Would welcome him for sure, but some of these signings are going to be upset about minutes...

How many are lined up right now? Gotta be getting close to a full roster.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see....RW is just 32 and keeps himself in great shape.....I'm not worried. Acting like he's LeBron's age.

To be fair, it's a valid concern. Guards who play like Westbrook tend to run into injury/wear and tear issues. Maybe Westbrook will age more like Lebron has? But it's still a legit concern. Heck, if he's smart, that may well be part of the reason he came to the Lakers...so he doesn't have to play like that all of the time.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patience bro. It’s about the Dame and Beal timetable and neither the Blazers nor the Wizards got any better.
either one would be amazing for the Sixers- and propel them to the Nets and Bucks class in the East. Esp. Dame.

shit- Dame and Embiid could easily make an argument for best 1-2 punch in the NBA.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, it's a valid concern. Guards who play like Westbrook tend to run into injury/wear and tear issues. Maybe Westbrook will age more like Lebron has? But it's still a legit concern. Heck, if he's smart, that may well be part of the reason he came to the Lakers...so he doesn't have to play like that all of the time.
LeBron has the size though--- and developed a 3 pt shot.

Westrbrook just relies on his athleticism to such a high degree and he cant shoot. Doesnt mean its impossible he ages well- but it doesnt portend well.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron has the size though--- and developed a 3 pt shot.

Westrbrook just relies on his athleticism to such a high degree and he cant shoot. Doesnt mean its impossible he ages well- but it doesnt portend well.

lol

Yeah, I'm definitely not predicting that he'll age like the Lebron. In fact, because of how he plays, I'd bet against it. Agree too that not developing a 3 point shot hurts his chances.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you keep speculating on what the Heat will be in 2 more year?
You said the Cavs, 5 years post James would be more successful then the Heat were during their first 5 post James seasons.
You have a lot of work to do to be correct.

As far as the age of players, of course it matters, but not near as much as it did in past generations of players.
Technology, diet, etc have lengthened many productive careers
I have full confidence the Cavs are on the right track- and especially considering their past draft positions- have really drafted pretty well.

The Heat on the other hand have shoved all their pieces in the middle of the table and have about a 2 year window now- and its still not like they are an elite team with realistic championship aspirations.

but we shall see!

I sure hope Mobley turns out as good as so many people think. I hate taking a big so high in the draft- but, as i have read over and over- bigs with this skill set do not come around too often. I am very excited about him and Garland and Mobley growing together on the offensive end, and Allen, Okoro and Mobley growing together on the defensive end.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have full confidence the Cavs are on the right track- and especially considering their past draft positions- have really drafted pretty well.

The Heat on the other hand have shoved all their pieces in the middle of the table and have about a 2 year window now- and its still not like they are an elite team with realistic championship aspirations.

but we shall see!

I sure hope Mobley turns out as good as so many people think. I hate taking a big so high in the draft- but, as i have read over and over- bigs with this skill set do not come around too often. I am very excited about him and Garland and Mobley growing together on the offensive end, and Allen, Okoro and Mobley growing together on the defensive end.
Assume you meant Mobley, Garland and sexton on offense? No doubt if Mobley hits his ceiling many say he has he's a gamechanger. But, sure, that's a big if.

At least makes next season a lot more exciting.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's expected back in January. There's roughly 55-60 games left at that point so thats why you sign up. High reward/low risk contract

Yep, best case...he comes back and helps your playoff run.

Worst case...he doesn't play at all or has no impact.

Either way, the Heat were going to have to pay somebody that money. Might as well be to a guy who could actually help.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

but we shall see!

The bottom line is that neither team is on track to be top contenders. The Heat are in that 2nd tier who could do it if they get some lucky breaks.

The difference is that the Heat don’t have to build through the draft. The Cavs have no other alternative.

So even if Butler, Lowry and the Heat vets fall off and Miami does nothing, they will be able to reload in a few years.

Cleveland is relying on the slimmest of odds that all their players hit ceilings and want to stay.

It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out which franchise has better odds of winning the next future title.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bottom line is that neither team is on track to be top contenders. The Heat are in that 2nd tier who could do it if they get some lucky breaks.

The difference is that the Heat don’t have to build through the draft. The Cavs have no other alternative.

So even if Butler, Lowry and the Heat vets fall off and Miami does nothing, they will be able to reload in a few years.

Cleveland is relying on the slimmest of odds that all their players hit ceilings and want to stay.

It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out which franchise has better odds of winning the next future title.
I know for a fact- whether I was the highest of contenders or the lowest of sad sacks- Id take Evan Mobley and his potential over anyone one hte Heat.