• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA Offseason

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My question is...Are they still going to pay him? If not, we'll find out just how committed he is to his decision. I don't think many believe that the "love of basketball" will get him to change his mind.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You jerks stop giving others besides chris brooks carries lol
I don't play fantasy sports and I barely follow Cal football so you need to find another grad to ask lol

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA preseason is so much better than nfl.

Not that different with the Lakers unfortunately. They're limiting minutes for the starters, seeing a lot of 2nd and 3rd teamers, especially in the second half.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My question is...Are they still going to pay him? If not, we'll find out just how committed he is to his decision. I don't think many believe that the "love of basketball" will get him to change his mind.

Article I found from usatoday. (10/6/21)

Here's the astronomical amount of money Kyrie Irving will lose if he doesn't get covid-19 vaccine

2 preseason games- $762k

41 home games- $15.6m

2 games at NY- $762k

bonuses- $413k

playoffs- TBD

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was more my understanding of it as well. They'd have to suspend him so that he can't draw a salary, and then I think this starts diving into legal language around the CBA. Translation: There's going to be more coming out in due time.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was more my understanding of it as well. They'd have to suspend him so that he can't draw a salary, and then I think this starts diving into legal language around the CBA. Translation: There's going to be more coming out in due time.

Yes he could legally practice and play right now in certain areas.

They are choosing to not let him.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nepotism signing. Zaire barely made any waves in HS. I don't think he got any serious collegiate offers. Now he signs a G-League contract whose parent team is the one his Dad is a co-owner of.

D. Wade's son has no business joining Utah's G league team. Makes Wade look like a complete joke.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes he could legally practice and play right now in certain areas.

They are choosing to not let him.

The way I see this concluding is Kyrie's going to draw over $30 mil this season for not playing a game.

Although I support the stance he's taken (not looking to have a long drawn out debate here as some differ). I have a feeling this was the result Kyrie saw so he wouldn't have to play while still drawing a check. Kyrie has shown he'll take the path of not playing for any topic vs playing.

Edit: Just for clarity, I don't think Kyrie is taking his stance for medical reasons, or that freedom of medical choice. He's jumping on this train so he doesn't have to play.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way I see this concluding is Kyrie's going to draw over $30 mil this season for not playing a game.

Although I support the stance he's taken (not looking to have a long drawn out debate here as some differ). I have a feeling this was the result Kyrie saw so he wouldn't have to play while still drawing a check. Kyrie has shown he'll take the path of not playing for any topic vs playing.

Edit: Just for clarity, I don't think Kyrie is taking his stance for medical reasons, or that freedom of medical choice. He's jumping on this train so he doesn't have to play.

I agree that Kyrie isn't taking this stance for medical reasons. This is the same fella that said he needed time to clear his head last season so he took some time away from the team. And while he was supposedly clearing his head he went out clubbing and missed more games because he violated league virus protocols.

He doesn't care about his teammates. He only cares about himself.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that Kyrie isn't taking this stance for medical reasons. This is the same fella that said he needed time to clear his head last season so he took some time away from the team. And while he was supposedly clearing his head he went out clubbing and missed more games because he violated league virus protocols.

He doesn't care about his teammates. He only cares about himself.

And again, not trying to debate as we all know where each respective person stands on this topic - it's the reason I wish someone else took this stance. With Kyrie, there's so many issues with him aside from what you pointed out. Have we not forgot about his flat Earth stance?