• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA Offseason

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same mindset where they want to lose to collect draft picks.....rather than try and sign players to win.
actually this is completely unrelated but for you it's same mindset being completely off base and irrational.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i do not know one guy in the NBA that would rather have the defense keying in on him- then have an all star player on the side that draws a large amount of defensive attention.

shit- we saw it hear in Cleveland for years. of course its easier to play and you become more efficient with better teammates. Its not even a question the vast majority of the time.
seems like this would be obvious other than to a couple random Laker fans.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's the key, you put a good player on a bad team and he's going to get his points. The question then is, how efficiently is he getting them.

A good NBA player will put up a good scoring average if you can get him enough shots. It's not too difficult to get enough shots on a bad team. The question is, is he averaging 24 points on 24 shots? Or is it closer to 15 or 16 shots?

If it's the latter, you have a potential all star on your hands. The only question then is how does he respond when you put better players around him? Especially if he is no longer the #1 option.
100% true and we don't know yet about the latter with Sexton. Hope we find out at some point, though.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what do fewer looks have to do with shooting %? If anything, Low should make a higher % of his shots. He doesn't. He's pretty inefficient.

Fewer looks often means not much of an opportunity to get in a groove. Besides, Lou was only one of the players in that post that you are already elevating your player above; you're focusing on the low hanging fruit. You do realize you don't need to sell him to us, right? The Cavs need to sell him to other teams if they want to make a trade. Fan posts aren't going to get that done.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Nuggets have had a good FA so far.

That's good to hear. Haven't been keeping up with all the FA moves. Have the Nuggets offered MPJ a new contract yet?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about 3 years, $60M for DeRozan? That would be shocking...
No I don’t see that happening. More like Presti was last seen on an airboat down in the swamps of Louisiana. I’m guessing that Neon Bedeoux should have a son about ready.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,371.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to the US Virgin Islands at the end of this month for 5 days.

Gonna lay on a beach, eat and drink, and count the days till the NFL and NBA seasons start.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,371.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the Warriors have eyed him before and he'll be solid in his role. Just don't know if that role moves the needle for me, so I'm not as hyped about the upside rather than I guess practicality.

The Warriors still have their MLE so I hope they're able to swing Mills to round out the roster.

PG: Steph, Mills, Mannion(?)
SG: Klay, Poole, Moody
SF: Wiggins, Porter, Kuminga
PF: Draymond, JTA, Paschall, Bjelica
C: Wiseman, Looney
They shopping Paschall?

Porter could be insurance for Klay? Could he play SG if Klay got hurt?

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,371.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thunder going to shock the world with something, I can feel it.
If they get Dinwiddie, I could see them contending for a play-in spot. Not getting it necessarily but contending.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fewer looks often means not much of an opportunity to get in a groove. Besides, Lou was only one of the players in that post that you are already elevating your player above; you're focusing on the low hanging fruit. You do realize you don't need to sell him to us, right? The Cavs need to sell him to other teams if they want to make a trade. Fan posts aren't going to get that done.

sexton has been far better than lou has been in any season (as well as Clarkson and Crawford, the other guys often used to say why Sexton needs to be a a 6th man)....and, yes, the defenses key far more on Sexton which anyone who watches basketball knows makes it harder to be an efficient shooter.

I'm not trying to sell him to anyone and kind of hope the Cavs keep him unless blown away. As is often the case you have made some foolish comments, been called on them and wont own your foolish comments.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seems like this would be obvious other than to a couple random Laker fans.

Cheap shot all you want. It's funny that you praising Sexton's EFA, while Kuzma's was 14 pts higher this year and everyone said he had limited trade value, couldn't space the floor, etc. It's not a be-all, end-all stat for stardom clearly.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They shopping Paschall?

Porter could be insurance for Klay? Could he play SG if Klay got hurt?

I don't know if they're actively shopping him but did hear the Jazz were interested in him. Makes sense because him and Donovan Mitchell are BFF's.

But I really liked what I saw from Juan Toscano-Anderson last year. I think he's the backup 4 at the moment. He was fantastic on defense, pretty well rounded on offense without over doing it. He should get every opportunity to have that backup 4 spot locked up.

I think Porter could possibly be the 2, if only because Wiggins could guard the best perimeter player that night between the 2 or the 3. Poole is certainly going to get a lot of run this year at both guard spots.

I would expect a nightly rotation of:

Steph, Klay, Wiggins, Draymond, Wiseman, Poole, Looney, JTA, Porter Jr. If the Warriors sign a PG then add them to the mix for a 10 man rotation, with another 2 players being used in specific roles.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,371.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. It's called getting in a rhythm.

Not hard to understand.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sexton has been far better than lou has been in any season (as well as Clarkson and Crawford, the other guys often used to say why Sexton needs to be a a 6th man)....and, yes, the defenses key far more on Sexton which anyone who watches basketball knows makes it harder to be an efficient shooter.

I'm not trying to sell him to anyone and kind of hope the Cavs keep him unless blown away. As is often the case you have made some foolish comments, been called on them and wont own your foolish comments.

Clarkson had basically the same EFA as Sexton this season (actually a few points higher). What exactly are you basing your shooting efficiency ranking on?

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,371.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cheap shot all you want. It's funny that you praising Sexton's EFA, while Kuzma's was 14 pts higher this year and everyone said he had limited trade value, couldn't space the floor, etc. It's not a be-all, end-all stat for stardom clearly.
Shopson just drop the mic and walk away.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,371.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if they're actively shopping him but did hear the Jazz were interested in him. Makes sense because him and Donovan Mitchell are BFF's.

But I really liked what I saw from Juan Toscano-Anderson last year. I think he's the backup 4 at the moment. He was fantastic on defense, pretty well rounded on offense without over doing it. He should get every opportunity to have that backup 4 spot locked up.

I think Porter could possibly be the 2, if only because Wiggins could guard the best perimeter player that night between the 2 or the 3. Poole is certainly going to get a lot of run this year at both guard spots.

I would expect a nightly rotation of:

Steph, Klay, Wiggins, Draymond, Wiseman, Poole, Looney, JTA, Porter Jr. If the Warriors sign a PG then add them to the mix for a 10 man rotation, with another 2 players being used in specific roles.
Like the Lakers, either Mills or Hill would work.