• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 Free Agents

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His numbers aren't all that bad after being out of the league for 4yrs. We can always use D-line help so I'd be fine with a team friendly 1yr contract. Maybe his second year back could prove better by being in better football shape.

Yeah but we got a ton of DE's on this team and if they are going to sign a 31 year old ... my vote is for KJ Wright who is a better player than Aldon Smith. Yes different spots but LB is thin on this team DE is not. We got 4 LBers on this team right now if I am not mistaken.

Last edited:

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but we got a ton of DE's on this team and if they are going to sign a 31 year old ... my vote is for KJ Wright who is a better player than Aldon Smith. Yes different spots but LB is thin on this team DE is not. We got 4 LBers on this team right now if I am not mistaken.
Good point and I'd take KJ first. His market seems pretty dead and Dallas/Oakland have signed other guys so maybe there's still a chance KJ comes back.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sounds like a pretty cheap signing so it could be for camp competition or perhaps just some rotational depth.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sounds like a pretty cheap signing so it could be for camp competition or perhaps just some rotational depth.

He shot his wad early last year with Dallas. Didn't do much at all in the last half of the season.

Maybe he'll be more at home on the Best Coast again.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually feel that the Aldon Smith signing was pretty stupid. How are you going to get all these guys on the field? What do we have now 12 Defensive ends? I do know we are HURTING and I mean HURTING at Linebacker. We play a 4-3 defense meaning you got 3 starting Linebackers ... we got 4 on the damn team! We got so many damn DE and so much money tied up in them that we cant even afford to sign any Linebackers.

I would gladly give up Hyder and Aldon for KJ Wright in a heart beat. Hawks have to also get some quality on the Back end at CB. Yes it's only a 1 year deal but it's a deal at a position that we have all ready to many players at and Young Skilled players at that, they need playing time to grow! Just a foolish move in my eyes and doesn't help or fill the "big holes" we have right now.

In my eyes they are at a point where drafting a CB and a linebacker or 2 ( starting quality for 1 of them ) is a must. I hate drafting for Need because they always reach!

Last edited:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns just cut Richardson, I wonder if Seattle will show any interest. I always thought he did pretty good for Seattle when he was here... we traded a 2nd for him. He's not worth $11M plus that he was due, but maybe like a 1 year $7M or something?

He's an above average DT. Not going to take over any games, but would certainly help given our limited depth (or be rotational).

He'd be an upgrade over Reed IMO.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'd be an upgrade over Reed IMO.

I wouldn't say that not at this point in his career. Reed is young and will still improve, Richardson play has been declining for years now. At best right now he would be as good as Reed at worst he could be trash and done. Again i will state this even though they play different positions. I would much rather have a 31 your old KJ Wright than a 31 year old Richardson.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say that not at this point in his career. Reed is young and will still improve, Richardson play has been declining for years now. At best right now he would be as good as Reed at worst he could be trash and done. Again i will state this even though they play different positions. I would much rather have a 31 your old KJ Wright than a 31 year old Richardson.

I'd argue immediate upgrade. Richardson is 31 and yes Reed COULD improve. I think Reed is vastly overrated by Hawk fans (whereas Ford is the true monster).

Reed seems all in it for the sacks... his tackle amount is WAY lower than Richardson making me think he's getting slashed in the run or just failing to recognize plays. It's not all about sacks.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nice to have some added depth but I fully expect them to use a pick on a DB. They still need a stud out there and they don't have one. Now if they can fill a starting Linebacker role ... Hey Seahawks, KJ is still out there. Only having 4 Linebackers under contract and the thought of Barton being a starter doesn't sit all that well with me. Sure he might be ok but is he at KJ's level? not even close.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to have Geno back as our backup QB... 3rd year in a row... He has the easiest job in football...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Meh, who cares. He is depth so I feel better about that on the Dline. Linebacker, CB and Oline are still big needs. In that order also, Linebacker #1 CB and Oline #2.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh he'll be 27.... so maybe he can make it on a second stint in the NFL but not counting on much. He was very physically gifted when he was drafted so hopefully that's still the case... but I'm not counting on much. It's depth and/or competition until roster cuts, though.... so whatever.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also they signed LB Donker formerly from the Panthers................well, the Dusseldorf Panthers!

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks sign-
TE Rookie FA Nick Guggemos
big injury history ... didn't do much because he was often injured. Runs a 4.49 40 and a 6.9 shuttle with over 38 inch vert and 10 foot 11 broad jump, also 25 presses of 225.

CB Saivion Smith Claimed off waivers
Depth if he even makes the team. He is 6 foot 1 and 200 pounds.

Here is Seattle's roster of CB's
D.J. Reed, Ahkello Witherspoon, Tre Brown, Tre Flowers, Damarious Randall, Pierre Desir, Jordan Miller, Gavin Heslop, Bryan Mills (UDFA) and Smith.

BARF! At least we got Numbers but i feel the same way about the #3 Linebacker and depth there also! it's just disgusting. Aldon Smith is not a Linebacker in Seattles Defense so I wish places would stop listing him as one.

Last edited:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks sign-
TE Rookie FA Nick Guggemos
big injury history ... didn't do much because he was often injured. Runs a 4.49 40 and a 6.9 shuttle with over 38 inch vert and 10 foot 11 broad jump, also 25 presses of 225.

CB Saivion Smith Claimed off waivers
Depth if he even makes the team. He is 6 foot 1 and 200 pounds.

Here is Seattle's roster of CB's
D.J. Reed, Ahkello Witherspoon, Tre Brown, Tre Flowers, Damarious Randall, Pierre Desir, Jordan Miller, Gavin Heslop, Bryan Mills (UDFA) and Smith.

BARF! At least we got Numbers but i feel the same way about the #3 Linebacker and depth there also! it's just disgusting. Aldon Smith is not a Linebacker in Seattles Defense so I wish places would stop listing him as one.

lol OOF.

Gonna be real interesting to see us 'cover' Higbee/Kupp/Woods and Green/Hopkins/Kirk and Moore. Aye caramba.