• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 Free Agents

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I think that's the hope, but still a lot of unknowns.... Darrell Taylor has yet to play, Green hasn't really been the force we'd hoped for... yet (dude is only 23 lol), LJ Collier showed some flashes last year but hasn't proven himself. The talent is there, but whether it materializes is a big question mark. I wouldn't say it's a strength yet.

Poona Ford is about the only 'solid' young guy that's proven on the roster at the moment.
You forgot to mention Mayowa, Dunlap and Hyder Jr... Also, Robinson played pretty well last year with the snaps he received... He actually outperformed F. Clark in their rookie seasons...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forgot to mention Mayowa, Dunlap and Hyder Jr... Also, Robinson played pretty well last year with the snaps he received... He actually outperformed F. Clark in their rookie seasons...

I don't think I forgot. Mayowa and Dunlap are long time vets... but can't do it all on their own. Hyder Jr? Eh.. maybe, but could be a one year wonder. We have a lot of D-Lineman for sure, but quantity doesn't always mean quality. Dunlap and Ford are the really only proven commodities we have. Others have to step up and show it first.

Now don't get me wrong, I think there's a lot to be excited about and I'm optimistic, but I wouldn't call it a strength, yet.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I forgot. Mayowa and Dunlap are long time vets... but can't do it all on their own. Hyder Jr? Eh.. maybe, but could be a one year wonder. We have a lot of D-Lineman for sure, but quantity doesn't always mean quality. Dunlap and Ford are the really only proven commodities we have. Others have to step up and show it first.

Now don't get me wrong, I think there's a lot to be excited about and I'm optimistic, but I wouldn't call it a strength, yet.
I don't think you're giving Mayowa enough credit... He was very consistent for us last year... Hyder isn't going to be our starter... As a rotational DE, gives us solid depth... When we had injuries, our depth wasn't that great, which is why Robinson played so much... I think I like the idea of Collier playing Reed's position... Sounds like they're going to see how he fairs there...

A lot to be optimistic about for sure... I'm banking on Taylor playing up to expectations...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you're giving Mayowa enough credit... He was very consistent for us last year... Hyder isn't going to be our starter... As a rotational DE, gives us solid depth... When we had injuries, our depth wasn't that great, which is why Robinson played so much... I think I like the idea of Collier playing Reed's position... Sounds like they're going to see how he fairs there...

A lot to be optimistic about for sure... I'm banking on Taylor playing up to expectations...
I meant to say Mayowa as a rotation DE, gives us very good depth...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think a lot of people are forgetting about Darrell Taylor, this guy was ranked as high as #10 in the draft and fell because of the bad injury so I want to give him a shot before I write him off. Was a bad injury though, when ever they put rods into your body it's not good.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
didn't Taylor end up with complications on his surgery and things didn't go well? like he got a staff infection or something when they put the rods in for the stress fracture in his shin?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting less money than he did with Seattle.
He did sign for less. Guess the market wasn't as hot as it might of been, but only way to know is to test it. He now is on a DL that has Chris Jones and Frank Clark along side him. That might benefit his production and he now has more guaranteed money then he had which is always a good thing from a player point of view.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did sign for less. Guess the market wasn't as hot as it might of been, but only way to know is to test it. He now is on a DL that has Chris Jones and Frank Clark along side him. That might benefit his production and he now has more guaranteed money then he had which is always a good thing from a player point of view.

I think he went to the perfect place for him. He will make that defense better and I think he get 7 sacks this season maybe more. (if he plays 16 games)

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found something interesting, right now Penny is making more money than Chris Carson.... When we resigned Carson I didn't even think about the money Penny was making ( as a first round choice ). Makes you wonder what Penny thinks because he has seen first hand how good Carson has been and Chris didn't even get as much money as he is getting right now on his rookie contract.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And FUCK YOU REED. Bails to KC for a cheap one year. Fuckin' tear an ACL at this point, fucker.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes... I'm aware of this Harold... hence my post.
Confused Thinking GIF by G2 Esports

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle signs damarious randall and are moving him to cb

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Started on practice squad last year, then played 10 games almost exclusively on special teams.
Seems like a decent depth and ST signing.

He is not a bad player, just the Hawks had depth problems at safety last year so he needed to go there. Depth player who is capable at playing a CB role. Still this team needs "quality" at CB. I still think the hawks some how make a move in that area be it through the draft in the 2nd round or FA signing when teams make forced cuts of players to get under the Cap.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how I feel about possibly signing Aldon Smith. Not only does he have the troubled history but his level of play dropped significantly in the second half of the season last year.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how I feel about possibly signing Aldon Smith. Not only does he have the troubled history but his level of play dropped significantly in the second half of the season last year.

His numbers aren't all that bad after being out of the league for 4yrs. We can always use D-line help so I'd be fine with a team friendly 1yr contract. Maybe his second year back could prove better by being in better football shape.