• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 College Football season thread (AKA: What the beginning of the end looks like)

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 12 Predictions

Time for yet another overdue look at my predictions records!

Week 9: 13-6 (13-7 if you count the Florida State pick)
Week 10: 19-5
Week 11: 13-7

Well, at least that's more consistent than what was happening in the middle of the season. Anyway, let's get to my picks for THIS week (FBS vs. FCS games don't count):

(21)Arkansas 20 @ (2)Alabama 42
(3)Oregon 24 @ (23)Utah 28
(7)Michigan State 20 @ (4)Ohio State 38
SMU 24 @ (5)Cincinnati 40
(6)Michigan 37
@ Maryland 22
Georgia Tech 14 @ (8)Notre Dame 31
(9)Oklahoma State 39
@ Texas Tech 28
(10)Wake Forest 35 @ Clemson 21
(11)Baylor 37 @ Kansas State 31
Vanderbilt 10 @ (12)Ole Miss 40
Iowa State 17 @ (13)Oklahoma 35
(14)BYU 41
@ Georgia Southern 14
Nebraska 17 @ (15)Wisconsin 31
Illinois 16 @ (17)Iowa 28
Virginia 20 @ (18)Pittsburgh 30
(19)San Diego State 38
@ UNLV 21
Syracuse 24 @ (20)NC State 35
UAB 34
@ (22)UTSA 27
Memphis 31 @ (24)Houston 35

Other big games:
Louisiana 39
@ Liberty 35
UCLA 35 @ USC 28

My time's up. You've been great. Oh, and remember that a big turkey needs time to thaw, so please get them now.

Kace-1

Game of Thoops!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rivalry Week- Tuesday through Friday

Here I am, to sift through the games set to take place from tonight through to Friday. So here are the GOOD games to stop for before "Rivalry Saturday" (All times are Eastern):

Fresno State @ San Jose State [3:30 Thanksgiving, FOX Sports 1] (I don't recall this game ever taking place on Thanksgiving. Anyway, both teams are looking for something in this contest. San Jose State NEEDS the upset win to get bowl-eligible. But Fresno NEEDS to win this game too, in order to keep the pressure on San Diego State in their division.)

Ole Miss @ Mississippi State [7:30 Thanksgiving, ESPN] (Now HERE is the perfect late-night football game to wind down a great day of family and food; you just can't go wrong with the "Egg Bowl". Ole Miss could secure themselves a "New Year's Six" bowl game if they can endure the cowbells and win in Starksville.)

Boise State @ San Diego State [12:00 Friday, CBS] (Don't freak out over the early start time; BOTH Boise and SDSU will be tired entering this game. HOW big the game is will depend on Fresno State's performance the previous day, but the Aztecs don't wanna leave it to chance. They want to win and go to the Mountain West title game. Oh, and Boise State now has a chance as well to make that same Mountain West title game as well!)

Eastern Michigan @ Central Michigan [12:00 Friday, ESPNU] (I guarantee you guys that NONE of you had both the Eagles and the Chippewas at 7 wins entering this season finale. Anyway, this is just a fun in-state rivalry contest that might turn into a shootout.)

Missouri @ Arkansas [3:30, CBS] (...Nope, this STILL isn't a rivalry game to me. But.. this should still be a fun SEC contest, am I right?)

Cincinnati @ East Carolina [3:30 Friday, ABC] (This is the biggest game on the slate for "Black Friday". Cincinnati finally looked like a playoff contender last week against SMU, but wait a minute! East Carolina is doing pretty well in 2021, too [They're already at 7 wins]! Stopping the Pirates' offense is a must for Cincy if they want to win and get to the AAC title game against Houston at 12-0.)

North Carolina @ NC State
[7:30 Friday, ESPN] (Just another lovely in-state rivalry game, as the Wolfpack and the Tar Heels meet once again.)

Oh, and let's say a prayer for teams like South Alabama and TCU trying to get bowl-eligible. Okay, see you on Saturday!

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rivalry Week predictions (Tuesday through Friday)

Oops! Almost forgot! I need to make some predictions on these early games, don't I? OK, here you go:

Top 25:
(5)Cincinnati 42
@ East Carolina 26
(12)Ole Miss 35 @ (25)Mississippi State 38
(17)Iowa 28
@ Nebraska 21
Boise State 31 @ (19)San Diego State 27
North Carolina 28 @ (20)NC State 35
Missouri 24 @ (21)Arkansas 34
Colorado 14 @ (23)Utah 35

Other big games:
Western Michigan 37
@ Northern Illinois 31
Fresno State 35 @ San Jose State 21
Eastern Michigan 24 @ Central Michigan 28
TCU 34
@ Iowa State 31
Washington State 38 @ Washington 27

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rivalry Saturday- Top 10 Games

It's SHOWTIME! Time to sort through all of the awesome rivalries going on today, and give you the ones you really can't go wrong with. Yep, it's time for...

The Top 10 Games of Rivalry Saturday 2021!

(All times are Eastern)
10. Western Kentucky @ Marshall [3:30, CBS Sports Network] (Today, we have Miami-Ohio vs. Kent State for the MAC East title, but THIS "Group of Five" game takes the #10 spot on the list. Why, you ask? Because it's an actual rivalry [now known as the "Moonshine Throwdown"], and the C-USA East title is on the line here. Yep, the winner will get to face UTSA for the C-USA crown.
Could it be the Hilltoppers? I mean, their QB is closing in on 5,000 passing yards. Or is Marshall about to spring a surprise on them?)

9. Alabama @ Auburn [3:30, CBS] (I initially had the "Iron Bowl" OFF of my list. But you know, Alabama's defense has been widely inconsistent. And the only reason why Auburn is 6-5 right now is because the refs screwed them over against South Carolina. You never know!)

8. Texas Tech @ Baylor [12:00, FOX Sports 1] (You know, if Baylor is able to bypass Texas Tech and then Oklahoma loses later tonight, I think Baylor will be in the Big 12 title game! That's not the only thing working against Texas Tech; the weather looks to be quite rainy, while could play into the hands of Baylor's running game. Tech's defense must be ready here.)

7. Penn State @ Michigan State [3:30, ABC] (This edition of the "Battle For the Land Grant Trophy" will be just about old-fashioned rivalry fun. For Penn State, they just want to enter bowl season on a high note. But for Michigan State, it's about washing off the stench of that Ohio State loss and getting into position for a possible "New Year's Six" bowl.)

6. Clemson @ South Carolina [7:30, SEC Network] (So thanks to NC State's win yesterday, Clemson is now eliminated from the ACC race for the first time since 2014. Oh well, Clemson can still end the season on a high note if they can defeat their in-state rivals again. As for South Carolina, it'll be up to people like Zaquandre White and Josh Vann to stun the Tigers and prove that they could've beaten Auburn last week even without the help of the refs.)

5. Florida State @ Florida [12:00, ESPN] (For some teams, "Rivalry Saturday" is all about survival. Some games are all about trying to just get a 6th win and bowl eligibility, like Maryland vs. Rutgers, Charlotte vs. Old Dominion, and Middle Tennessee vs. Florida Atlantic. But nobody in Gainesville, Florida ever DREAMED that they would be in that type of spot entering the Florida State game.
Yet, here we are. The Gators have an interim coach, just trying to get rid of a Seminole game that would LOVE to grab a bowl berth after all the crap they went through earlier in the year.)

4. Oregon State @ Oregon [3:30, ESPN] (Incredible. 9 days ago, people thought that Oregon was ready to be in the playoff. Now they're entering the 125th edition of the "Civil War" just trying to pick up the pieces. And now they're wondering "Could Oregon State actually steal our PAC-12 North title?". Probably not, due to the regular season records.
But that won't stop the Beavers from trying! The head coach just got a contract extension, his offense is running well now, and don't forget: Oregon State got the Ducks last year.)

3. Wisconsin @ Minnesota [4:00, FOX] (The most-played rivalry in the FBS division is about to get another wrinkle. The "Battle for Paul Bunyan's Ax" means a lot this year for Wisconsin; if they defeat Minnesota again they're off to Indy for the Big 10 title game [Again]. But if Tanner Morgan and the Gophers shocks the Badgers, then it'll be Iowa that gets the ticket to Indy. Good luck, Wisconsin running game! Here's hoping you can get past the Gophers D!)

2. Oklahoma @ Oklahoma State [7:30, ABC] (Hey! Oklahoma State has already clinched a spot in the Big 12 title game! HOORAY! ...But now it's time for them to play the best one-sided rivalry game in sports history, against their in-state rivals. And if Oklahoma wins, the Sooners will also be in the Big 12 title game...and nobody in Stillwater wants that.
But hey! If OK State's defense is somehow able to stop the Sooners, then... then they can keep their chance at the CFP! And then they maybe don't HAVE to play Oklahoma again, it could be Baylor in the title game! I'm pulling for ya, Cowboys!)

1. Ohio State @ Michigan [12:00, FOX] (Well, here we go again. Yet another epic-looking game in this epic college football rivalry. It might be the same old, same old if C.J. Stoud goes wild for the Buckeyes yet again, but imagine if Michigan's defense can somehow stop him. And if the Wolverines offense gets rolling, just imagine...)

Honorable mentions for the Top 10: Maryland @ Rutgers, Wake Forest @ Boston College, Virginia Tech @ Virginia, Kentucky @ Louisville, and UTSA @ North Texas.

My prediction segment is next!

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rivalry Saturday predictions

So already we've had Utah State putting out their dumpster fire, Nebraska losing a heartbreaker again, and Washington State winning the "Apple Cup" for the first time in a long while. Let's see what sort of craziness will occur on this, the biggest Saturday of the CFB year!

Top 25:
(1)Georgia 45 @ Georgia Tech 14
(2)Ohio State 38 @ (5)Michigan 31
(3)Alabama 45 @ Auburn 20
(6)Notre Dame 38 @ Stanford 20
(10)Oklahoma 37 @ (7)Oklahoma State 31
Texas Tech 14 @ (8)Baylor 35
Oregon State 23 @ (11)Oregon 28
Penn State 20 @ (12)Michigan State 27
(13)BYU 42
@ USC 28
(14)Wisconsin 31 @ Minnesota 16
(15)Texas A&M 31 @ LSU 35
(17)Pittsburgh 41
@ Syracuse 24
(18)Wake Forest 47 @ Boston College 23
(22)UTSA 34 @ North Texas 38
(23)Clemson 27
@ South Carolina 21
(24)Houston 45 @ UConn 10

Other big games:
Florida State 21 @ Florida 24
Kentucky 30
@ Louisville 27
Maryland 34 @ Rutgers 24
Miami-Ohio 27 @ Kent State 38
Virginia Tech 24
@ Virginia 17
Western Kentucky 34 @ Marshall 27

...and I'm finally done! Be careful with your Thanksgiving leftovers, and just enjoy the madness, everybody!

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2021 Championship Week hierarchy

Well, what do you expect when you have a chocolate pie in the freezer and- Wait, what? My mike's on? Oh, I guess it's time to break down Championship Week in the CFB world.
And for the 3rd straight year, I'm doing it with my "Championship Week hierarchy". Let's get to it (All times are Eastern)!

Georgia vs. Alabama [4:00, CBS] (For very, VERY obvious reasons this is the biggest game of the week. It's "win-or-go-home" for Alabama; if they silence Georgia they'll force their way into the playoff. But if they lose, they'll have to move aside and let someone else through.)

Michigan vs. Iowa [8:00, FOX] (Hooray! Michigan is in the Big 10 title game finally. Let's all hope they don't have the mother of all hangovers and lose their CFP chances against an Iowa team that nowadays don't really do anything big... except win games.)

Houston @ Cincinnati [4:00, ABC] (All right, Cincinnati! THIS IS IT! This is what you've been aiming for since the start of the season. You're unbeaten, and if you win against a strong Houston team [and maybe see Alabama lose] then you're off to the playoff! Here's hoping you don't fall against all the pressure!)

Baylor vs. Oklahoma State [12:00, ABC] (Don't worry, Big 12 fans! I haven't forgotten about you guys. I mean, we have a Top-10 matchup in Arlington! It'll be the first time since the Big 12 title game was reinstated that Oklahoma will NOT win the Big 12. And if either Cincinnati or Alabama loses on Saturday, maybe the winner of this game will slide in and take a CFP spot.)

Oregon vs. Utah [8:00 Friday, ABC] (In the PAC-12 title game, we have a rematch of a game from 2 weeks ago. A game where Utah crunched Oregon like a bug against their heel. Will the Ducks get sweet revenge for that loss, or will Utah get revenge for the 2019 PAC-12 title game where Oregon ruined their playoff chances?)

Wake Forest vs. Pittsburgh [8:00, ABC] (Just a straight-forward battle for a "New Year's Six" bowl game and a conference title. Pitt is looking for their first "major-league" bowl game since 2004, while Wake Forest is looking for their first ACC title since 2006.)

Utah State @ San Diego State [3:00, FOX] (Who cares if SDSU's passing attack stinks? They're hosting the Mountain West title game, and their rugged defense is raring to go. And how about Utah State? Last year, they were a dumpster fire. Now they're 9-3 and hoping to pull off a BIG upset.)

Appalachian State @ Louisiana [3:30, ESPN] (This is what the Ragin' Cajuns of Louisiana have been waiting for all year: A chance to be the solo Sun Belt champions in 2021. But can they stop Chase Brice and a seasoned App. State team? And Billy Napier may be staying in Lafayette for this game, but will the announcement of his departure to Florida affect the team?)

Western Kentucky @ UTSA [7:00 Friday, CBS Sports Network] (Such a pity. Had UTSA defeated North Texas in the season finale, this game would have been higher on the list. Now we just have a Roadrunner team just trying to shake off that stunning loss and win the Conference USA title. But the Hilltoppers and that high-flying offense of theirs won't make it easy.)

Kent State vs. Northern Illinois [12:00, ESPN] (Just a simple battle for the MAC title, as Kent State [who's looking for their first title since 1972] and Northern Illinois [who wants to return to it's place as the MAC kingpin] duke it out.)

And there is also a game between Cal and USC taking place this week, but who cares about that? My last prediction segment of the year is next!

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Championship Week predictions

Away from the coaching carousel and the madness that it's causing, we have these big predictions for Championship Week!

(1)Georgia 24 vs. (3)Alabama 28
(2)Michigan 30
vs. (13)Iowa 20
(21)Houston 31 @ (4)Cincinnati 38
(5)Oklahoma State 37
vs. (9)Baylor 28
(17)Utah 34 vs. (10)Oregon 31
(15)Pittsburgh 41 vs. (16)Wake Forest 35
Utah State 17 @ (19)San Diego State 27
Appalachian State 37
@ (24)Louisiana 30
Western Kentucky 40 @ UTSA 28
Kent State 21 vs. Northern Illinois 31

Now if you guys excuse me, I need to see if that "Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity" DLC is still available. See you soon!

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Championship Week predictions

Away from the coaching carousel and the madness that it's causing, we have these big predictions for Championship Week!

(1)Georgia 24 vs. (3)Alabama 28
(2)Michigan 30
vs. (13)Iowa 20
(21)Houston 31 @ (4)Cincinnati 38
(5)Oklahoma State 37
vs. (9)Baylor 28
(17)Utah 34 vs. (10)Oregon 31
(15)Pittsburgh 41 vs. (16)Wake Forest 35
Utah State 17 @ (19)San Diego State 27
Appalachian State 37
@ (24)Louisiana 30
Western Kentucky 40 @ UTSA 28
Kent State 21 vs. Northern Illinois 31

Now if you guys excuse me, I need to see if that "Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity" DLC is still available. See you soon!
Ok - with your predictions above who do you leave out of the playoffs? Okie Lite or Cincinnati???

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bowl season preview

Well, thankfully for @TheLonestarDUCK, the Cowboys lost the Big 12 title. So we got an undisputed final four entering this bowl season.
And since it is bowl season, it's time (once again) to rank the bowl games like you would rank hotels. And let's just enjoy the madness this time around, because last year's bowl season was severely handicapped.

So enough talk from me. I'm gonna get to work:

5-Star bowl games (An absolutely gem of a property you can't afford to miss) (Like the 'Emma at Pearl' in San Antonio):
The CFP Semifinals and National Championship (Will Alabama fool everyone again? Can Cincinnati do the impossible? Is this the time where Georgia FINALLY gets over the hump? And is Michigan capable of living up to it's championship days of old?)
Sugar Bowl: Baylor vs. Ole Miss (This game basically sells itself. You got Dave Aranda reviving the Baylor program. You got a duel of strong offenses. And you got Lane Kiffin in a major bowl! What more could you want?)

4-Star bowl games (Not as luxurious as the 5-star places, but still freaking sweet) (Like the French Quarter Inn in Charleston, SC):
Rose Bowl: Ohio State vs. Utah (Ah! The good ol' stand by in Pasadena! Ohio State has been here plenty of times, but Utah is in this game for the first time ever. AND the Utes are on a mission from God to cap off an emotional season with a win.)
Fiesta Bowl: Notre Dame vs. Oklahoma State (I initially had this game as a 3-star bowl, but ESPN convinced me otherwise. OK State only needed 1 stinking yard [and a Cincinnati or Alabama loss] to make the playoff, but they got neither. Let's see what sort of fightback the Cowboys have here. And don't forget, Marcus Freeman [the new head-man at Notre Dame] is coaching his very first game. Right here! In this contest!)
Alamo Bowl: Oklahoma vs. Oregon (This might be the best non "New Year's Six" bowl game out there. Oregon is desperate to prove that those 2 ugly losses to Utah was just "brilliant Utah" and take out the Sooners... who'll be playing it's first game without THEIR golden-boy coach Lincoln Riley.)
Taxslayer Gator Bowl: Wake Forest vs. Texas A&M (A&M is STILL the only team out there that has beaten Alabama, but the Aggies fans don't care about that anymore. They want their team to just stop the Demon Deacons, who wants to cap off one of their best seasons ever by shocking an SEC team in a bowl... again.)

3-Star bowl games (Pretty serviceable, like a Hilton or a Red Roof Inn):
Jimmy Kimmel LA Bowl presented by Stifel (Ew. That bowl title sounded just as bad as the "Tony the Tiger Bowl". Anyway, it's the inaugural playing of this bowl game, and we DO have a good-looking contest. We have Oregon State making their first bowl game in 9 years, and they're taking on a Utah State team that has turned a dumpster fire into an oasis.)
Gasparilla Bowl: Florida vs. UCF (Wow! The Gasparilla Bowl pulled off a coup for this matchup. This is only the 3rd time ever that UCF and Florida are meeting, and it's the first time since 2006. Valuable positioning in the "Sunshine State" is on the line here.)
Holiday Bowl: UCLA vs. NC State (Wait. I don't remember the ACC having a contract with the Holiday Bowl. Anyway, NC State and UCLA had their moments in 2021, and this should be a good matchup.)
Las Vegas Bowl: Arizona State vs. Wisconsin (Hey! Didn't I have these guys in the Rose Bowl in August? On that principle alone, I have to put this game on my "3-star" bowl list.)
Citrus Bowl: Iowa vs. Kentucky (On paper, this game looks decidedly unsexy, right? Thank god we don't play games on paper; we should have another interesting battle here.)

2.5 Star Special!
Frisco Bowl: UTSA vs. San Diego State
(In terms of win-loss records, this one is a can't miss. We got the new Conference USA champions, taking on a San Diego State that wants to forget about that awful game against Utah State as soon as possible.)

2-Star bowl games (Looks dirty, but you won't get sick from it):
Peach Bowl: Pittsburgh vs. Michigan State (Pitt is off their first-ever ACC title, and Michigan State exceeded expectations this year. Now they're fighting for a shiny trophy. No more, no less.)
Tailgreeter Cure Bowl: Northern Illinois vs. Coastal Carolina (If you're confused about the sponsor of this bowl, Tailgreeter is a service that makes tailgating more accessible to people all over the world. Anyway, we got the new MAC champions taking on a team that a LOT of people thought was gonna win the Sun Belt title this year.)
Birmingham Bowl: Houston vs. Auburn (Could be a tonesetter for the CFP semifinals... if you guys know what I mean.)
Music City Bowl: Purdue vs. Tennessee (Tennessee playing against a Big 10 team in a bowl game? It NEVER gets old. Maybe a high-scoring contest is in the forecast here.)
Duke's Mayo Bowl: North Carolina vs. South Carolina (I'd ignore this bowl game between two 6-6 teams, but we got a border rivalry here! Plus, imagine what'll happen if USC is able to stop Sam Powell.)

1.5 Star Special:
Pinstripe Bowl: Virginia Tech vs. Maryland
(We got an ACC team taking on a former ACC team, so that's something.)

1-Star bowl games (Ew! Is that a demon-worshipping cult in the room next to me?!):
The rest of them.
And as usual, I'd like to hear what you guys think!

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2021 Bowl previews (Part 1- December 17th)

So we've got a top CFB prospect now going to an FCS team instead of Florida State, and depth charts across the NFL suffering. But meanwhile, we've had no such virus problems in the CFB world right now (knock on wood), so let's get to my first batch of bowl picks!

Bahamas Bowl: Middle Tennessee vs. Toledo {12:00, ESPN} (We start off with the return of the Bahamas Bowl after a year's absence. And it's a weird situation, because we might have two middling teams here, but we're in the freaking Bahamas! The QB's [Chase Cunningham for MTSU, and Dequan Finn for Toledo] won't make too many mistakes, but what's this I'm hearing about Toledo's RB Bryant Koback? Does he really have over 1,200 rushing yards this season?)
My prediction: Toledo 34-21

Tailgreeter Cure Bowl: Northern Illinois vs. Coastal Carolina
{6:00, ESPN2} (A solid "Group of Five" matchup will be here in Orlando to help out a rock-solid cause of helping with cancer research. I'm looking forward to this bowl, but I did notice some things about Coastal Carolina recently. Over the last 4 games, they've been a little lethargic on offense, but their defense has been doing well. And yes, Northern Illinois has done a masterful job in winning the MAC this year, but can their passing game break the Chanticleers' D?)
My prediction: Coastal Carolina 38-27

So we got a couple of games for today. But tomorrow is where the chaos begins...

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bowl recap (Part 1)

So the Bahamas Bowl was an OK game, with Middle Tennessee holding off Toledo real late. But the Cure Bowl was AWESOME! A lot of offense, combined with a proud defensive stop by CCU, equals a great bowl game (and maybe some more money for those cancer charities)!

Rating for the Bahamas Bowl: 2.75 stars
Rating for the Cure Bowl: 3.75 stars

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2021 Bowl previews (Part 2- December 18th)

So with me going 1-1 in my picks so far, I'm about to do something REALLY dumb: Try to pick 6 bowl games in one post! See if you guys can follow along (All times are Eastern, and all games on ESPN unless noted)!

Roofclaim.com Boca Raton Bowl: Western Kentucky vs. Appalachian State [11:00 A.M] (The more I look at this game, the more I want to watch it. You never, EVER, count App. State out on a game especially when they can just go after WKU's passing game. But QB Bailey Zappe knows what to do and isn't scared of the App. State defense. And if the game turns into a shootout, do the Mountaineers have the horses to keep up?)
My prediction: Western Kentucky 48-45

PUBG Mobile New Mexico Bowl: UTEP vs. Fresno State
[2:15] (The Miners have to be excited. They have a chance to get their first postseason win since 1967, and they have an ace WR [Jacob Cowing] that can help them achieve that goal. But UTEP is coming into the game losing 4 of their last 5 games, and I don't know if they can stop Jake Haener and the Fresno pass game.)
My prediction: Fresno State 35-20

Radiance Technologies Independence Bowl: BYU vs. UAB
[3:30, ABC] (Look at that! UAB is basically playing a home game against BYU. So what can the Blazers do to upset the #13-ranked Cougars? The run game? Both sides have a great RB, but BYU's Tyler Allgeier has 20 TD's already. The defense? UAB does have better stats in that department, but BYU has faced stiffer competition [for the most part]. The QB's? I don't know; can I trust Dylan Hopkins to outduel BYU's QB Jalen Hall?)
My prediction: BYU 31-24

LendingTree Bowl: Eastern Michigan vs. Liberty
[5:45] (This one's actually pretty easy to call! Sure, Liberty is coming in with 3 straight losses, but the 3 teams they faced in that span were all awesome. And sure, EMU might have a QB that can match up with Malik Willis, but remember this fact: The Eagles' defense sucks.)
My prediction: Liberty 35-14

Jimmy Kimmel LA Bowl: Utah State vs. Oregon State
[7:30, ABC] (So we have a vomiting camel as a mascot, Jimmy Kimmel manning one of the T-shirt cannons, and both Utah State and Oregon State forced to take part in skits on the "Jimmy Kimmel Show" just to get to the game.
Thank god that we have a game featuring evenly-matched teams at the end of the day. Both teams have great stories entering the game, the running backs are solid for both teams, and the QB's are serviceable. But what's this I'm hearing about Utah State's defense being awesome?)
My prediction: Utah State in an upset, 33-27

R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl: Louisiana-Lafayette vs. Marshall
[9:15] (Marshall DOES have a shot here! Their passing game can hang with the Cajuns, RB Rasheen Ali has over 1,200 rushing yards and 20-TD's, and Louisiana is playing their first game without Billy Napier leading the ship. But what shall happen if Marshall's defense cracks against Levi Lewis and a determined Cajuns squad?)
My prediction: Louisiana 44-35

...Hey, I did it! 6 bowl game in one post! I'll check back later...

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
December 18th recap

Hey, look at that! I only got one bowl pick wrong yesterday. And it was the Independence Bowl, where I should have gone with my gut and go with the home team.
Rating for the Independence Bowl: 2.75 stars

Now let's look at the other bowls! In New Orleans, the Ragin' Cajuns would score the final 20 points of the game to stop Marshall.
In New Mexico, UTEP would make a game of it against Fresno State. But they didn't have enough bullets, it's as simple as that.
In Birmingham, Liberty made easy work of Eastern Michigan.
In Boca Raton, Western Kentucky and Bailey Zappe put a stamp on one of the most prolific offensive campaigns in college football history. Poor App. State.

Utah State vs. Oregon State - Game Summary - December 18, 2021 - ESPN And finally, there was this game in Los Angeles, where the vomiting camel and Jimmy Kimmel's bad clarinet playing was the least of Oregon State's problems.

Rating for the Boca Raton Bowl: 2.25 stars
Rating for the New Mexico Bowl: 2.5 stars
Rating for the Lendingtree Bowl: 1.75 stars
Rating for the New Orleans Bowl: 2.5 stars
Rating for the LA Bowl: 2.75 stars

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bowl predictions (Part 3- December 20th and 21st)

Let's just get going with my next round of picks, centered around today and tomorrow's slate (All times are Eastern, and all games on ESPN):

Myrtle Beach Bowl: Tulsa vs. Old Dominion [2:30 today] (What a comeback for the Monarchs of Old Dominion! They sat out 2020, but they won their last 5 games to get a bowl invite in 2021! But now, let's talk about the game; most of the stat-lines are even in this contest. But I think Tulsa should handle things... if their QB David Brim stops making bad throws.)
My prediction: Tulsa 28-21

Famous Idaho Potato Bowl: Wyoming vs. Kent State
[3:30 tomorrow] (This one is actually pretty easy to preview! Wyoming's defense does look good, but the team has been up-and-down all season, plus Kent State's offense can break that D easily. And can Wyoming's offense attack Kent's average D? I don't think so.)
My prediction: Kent State 30-23

Tropical Smoothie Cafe Frisco Bowl: UTSA vs. San Diego State
[7:30 tomorrow] (In terms of bowl matchups featuring 2 "Group of Five" schools, this is #1 with a bullet. You got the methodical San Diego State Aztecs who is 11-2, taking on a fast-moving Texas San-Antonio team high off their first-ever conference title. But, wait! Look at the defensive numbers; SDSU's run defense looks great, but UTSA's isn't too bad either. And if the Aztec passing game can't get going, it could get buried in the 2nd half.)
My prediction: UTSA 35-24

More bowl picks to come very soon...

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bowl recap (Part 3- December 20th and 21st)

For the Myrtle Beach Bowl, it was simple; Old Dominion shot their wad on that 100-yard kickoff return, and then Tulsa took over.

As for yesterday's bowls, the Mountain West f--ked me over. Wyoming unleashed a QB named Levi Williams so that he can make history and the Cowboys can win a high-scoring game. And then San Diego State brought UTSA's joyride to a end thanks to their defense coming through in key moments.

Rating for the Myrtle Beach Bowl: 2.25 stars
Rating for the Potato Bowl: 2.5 stars
Rating for the Frisco Bowl: 2.5 stars

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bowl predictions (Part 4- December 22nd and 23rd)

Man, this must be the first time ever that I'm wearing button-fly jeans... Wait, what? Shoot, I left the mike on again! Let's get back on track and look at more bowl games (All times are Eastern, and all games on ESPN):

Lockheed Martin Armed Forces Bowl: Missouri vs. Army [8:00 tonight] (I initially had Missouri all day for this game, but a lot of moving parts are telling me otherwise. First, Missouri's rush defense is piss-poor, and guess what Army does really well? Oh, and what about Missouri's offense? Sure, it's more dynamic, but Brady Hall will be getting the start due to concerns about the other QB's? And RB Tyler Badle is sitting out this game? That should make Andre Carter III's job a lot easier is stopping the Tigers.)
My prediction: Army 24-21

Frisco Football Classic: North Texas vs. Miami-Ohio
[3:30 tomorrow] (This may be the most skippable of all of the bowl games we have this year [I know I won't be watching it]. Anyway, I'll put a dime down on the team that won their last 5 games to get here [and who has the rushing game to wear the Redhawks out].)
My prediction: North Texas 30-24

Gasparilla Bowl: Florida vs. UCF
[7:00 tomorrow] (Now, HERE'S a bowl game I'm interested in. A rare thing to see an in-state battle take place in a bowl game. Anyway, I can throw around words like buy-in and in-state recruiting, but it actually comes down to one thing: The offense of the Golden Knights. See, we all know that Florida can put up points... and we know that Florida's defense isn't the best in the world. But I just don't think that UCF can beat the Gators in a shootout.)
My prediction: Florida 44-37

More bowl picks to come...

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the gator bowl is down to one team: Wake Forest. Texas A&M has dropped out due to COVID.