• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 NBA Season

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers win last night was about the young guys. It was the young guys and James that did the heavy lifting. Reaves, Johnson, Monk, THT, Bradley. The old dudes, other James? Useless. The Lakers need to add to major playing time Nunn, Doumbouya and of course AD.

I think the Lakers have the makings of a young core that can be pretty damn good. These guys bring energy and speed to the game and they all play consistent defense as they held Utah to just 17 points in the Fourth Quarter and they did without a true Center to occupy Gobert.. They should sign Johnson outright and move Jordon, Howard, and Bazemore as soon as possible. If they can get someone to take Westbrook, they should do it.

James doesn't need to go to Cleveland to play with some young good players to end his career. He has them in LA and the Lakers don't need to trade away their young core this time for some older player(s).

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers win last night was about the young guys. It was the young guys and James that did the heavy lifting. Reaves, Johnson, Monk, THT, Bradley. The old dudes, other James? Useless. The Lakers need to add to major playing time Nunn, Doumbouya and of course AD.

I think the Lakers have the makings of a young core that can be pretty damn good. These guys bring energy and speed to the game and they all play consistent defense as they held Utah to just 17 points in the Fourth Quarter and they did without a true Center to occupy Gobert.. They should sign Johnson outright and move Jordon, Howard, and Bazemore as soon as possible. If they can get someone to take Westbrook, they should do it.

James doesn't need to go to Cleveland to play with some young good players to end his career. He has them in LA and the Lakers don't need to trade away their young core this time for some older player(s).
unfortunately for the Lakers- I do not think they can bring Monk back.

they do not have Bird Rights for him so they cant sign him if they are over the cap- which they will be.

they could give him the mini mid level exception I THINK (though not sure- since I think they might be hard capped). Mini-midlevel is 6M a year- which maybe could work. Ithink thats the most the Lakers could pay him though.

I guess it depends on what other teams offer

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might be right Wiggy but I also think that Pelinka can manipulate some things to make "room" for Monk so that everybody is happy. But yea, it'll depend on what other teams' offer.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Melo is still a useful vet, just sidelined currently with a back issue (oldmanitis). Howard they need unless they can find a replacement big. Can't rely exclusively on small ball once the playoffs start; teams will adjust in a series.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
unfortunately for the Lakers- I do not think they can bring Monk back.

they do not have Bird Rights for him so they cant sign him if they are over the cap- which they will be.

they could give him the mini mid level exception I THINK (though not sure- since I think they might be hard capped). Mini-midlevel is 6M a year- which maybe could work. Ithink thats the most the Lakers could pay him though.

I guess it depends on what other teams offer
Lakers are not hard-capped yet, but they are limited to the taxpayer MLE for Monk next season as things stand now. A wink and a nod and a one year contract could get him to a bigger contract for 23/24 (once Westbrook's contract is off the payroll).

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garland with 22 and 12 coming off being named player of the week in the East.

Put him in the All Star game. He deserves it. Cavs 1.5 games out of first in the east.

Allen and Garland both deserve it. Game is in Cleveland.

At this point i think Garland has even passed Allen's qualifications.

Its crazy the kid is only 21 years old.

Cavs will be able to compete with anyone in a couple years- esp. if they remain smart and add one more piece while the guys develop.
I'm all for adding someone but also wouldn't upset if this team returned next year with a healthy Sexton and Rubio (or a solid replacement for Rubio).

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lot of teams right behind them though. Toronto, Boston, Charlotte, Washington- all more veteran teams- all better equipped to "win now".

Bucks, Sixers, Heat, Nets, Bulls are just better equipped right now.

I think I am at the point where I can say the Cavs are capable of getting the 6th seed if the young guys dont get tired, and they keep playing hard and stay relatively healthy. The schedule is set up for them.

If this team wins 45 games it will be almost double what what predicted for them. In order to get to 45 wins they need to go 18-19 in their last 37 games. Seems reasonable and something that they should be able to do.

especially if they get a little help- but I wouldnt deal a first rounder for a Gordon or Ross etc....

Id wait till the offseason- or see about a bigger deal, Rubio's expiring, a first, and Sexton is a good package to get something.
45 seems "reasonable"? Barring more injuries at this point 45 wins would be a major disappointment. We've won 60% of our games with one of the toughest schedules in the NBA and now it's one of the easiest.

But, sure, if there's a deal that makes us better this year and in the future then make it.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron has to be kicking himself that the final year in LAL is not a player option.

First time I can ever remember he did that- and its gonna burn him. Lakers with so few avenues to improve this offseason with no cap space and no picks, and will lose Monk since they dont have his Bird Rights.
Even if they lose Monk, they at least have his emergence to sell to other potential free agents: take a prove it deal and cash in the next year.

Here's hoping this summer's focus skews a bit younger lol.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i just want them to keep the first in case a deal comes up in the offseason where they could geta true impact guy.

If they end up not bringing Sexton back, trading someone his restricted rights, a first, and maybe something else is a pretty solid package from a team that is trying to rebuild.

Cavs could really use another wing or guard.

honestly- someone like CJ McCollum would be awesome- but he makes so much money he might be prohibitive.

If the Blazers trade Lillard in the offseason there is no reason for them to hang on to McCollum- and he is a Cleveland guy and would be a nice fit.
why wouldn't you just keep a younger - maybe better - Sexton than deal for CJ?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston is playing better lately- though the schedule has been pretty nice for them of late.

Tatum and Brown are a nice duo.

I bet they have a run in them to compete for the 6th seed at some point.

Boston can't be at all satisfied with 6th though. They need a major move of some sort.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Cavs are going to take the next step they need another playmaker on the wing. Whether its a shooting guard, a quasi point guard, or a SF, one more guy like that would be a nice lift.

before Cedi lost a decent amount of time he was playing really well. He needs to get back into that rhythm.
something to be said for this but maybe the Cavs have taken that next step already? Might not get a top 3 seed this season but with return of sexton or a deal with him included....plust are very young guys continuing to get better?

I'd like to see windler start to get more time. He can be more than a stand and shoot guy (he can rebound and drive some too). could see him improving like Cedi has (and Harris before him). And...sure...maybe he wont.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 153,021.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dude had some frustration he had to let out. lol.....

thats pretty crazy against Gobert who is prob the best rim protector since Ben Wallace.
Westbrook is amongst the best athletes ever to play the game, I’m talking the ultra elite level.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
something to be said for this but maybe the Cavs have taken that next step already? Might not get a top 3 seed this season but with return of sexton or a deal with him included....plust are very young guys continuing to get better?

I'd like to see windler start to get more time. He can be more than a stand and shoot guy (he can rebound and drive some too). could see him improving like Cedi has (and Harris before him). And...sure...maybe he wont.

Not as easy to get those slower prospects playing time to develop when you're ahead of schedule and winning unfortunately. Good problem to have though.