• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 NBA Season

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think Towns is better and with the teammates he has had this is what he has had to be. He is basically willing on his own- a team with a very very medicore roster beside a 20 year old shooting guard to .500 in the west, over .500 when he actually plays. I dont think Bam would be capable of that. I think he is kind of quiet and non aggressive
KAT doesn't have "more" because he's a bitch that couldn't handle playing with a winner and what winners demand of talented people.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think Towns is better and with the teammates he has had this is what he has had to be. He is basically willing on his own- a team with a very very medicore roster beside a 20 year old shooting guard to .500 in the west, over .500 when he actually plays. I dont think Bam would be capable of that. I think he is kind of quiet and non aggressive

I agree he's not. I've said as much. But again circumstance of the roster dictate your role and impact on the team. Bam would not be able to carry the offensive load night in and night out. But at the same time KAT cannot anchor a defense the way Bam does.

Put it this way, if you took Russell Westbrook right now and put him on a team where he could just go do his thing, he'd put up monster numbers and for the most part that team would be around an 8th seed. But if the Lakers right now had the option of him or say Mike Conley to be their PG right now, who would they prefer? Conley easily. And Conley couldn't push a team by himself to an 8th seed because that's not his skill set.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You been literally finding ways to shit on Bam for the past 12 hours. As my boy Perk would say.....Carry on
because i dont think he is as good as Towns or Embiid?

laughable.

I do think that Bam has a little cuck in him though. He is passive at times. He is never going to be among the top of the elite unless the grows a pair and tries to take over games.

This is the NBA. Thats what wins- All Stars taking over games. Not languishing in the background.

you can have a workmanlike performance night in and night out, and thats valuable- but thats not gonna win big and get you in the same conversation with the Embiids and Jokics and guys that put the responsibility on their shoulders. Thats not Bam- at least not yet. and the HEat will not take the next step to be among the elite teams until/unless he takes that next step.

A Thibs Miles Jimmy Butler, and a 35 year old Kyle Lowry aint gonna do it. Its gotta be him.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again you're misconstruing player value with skill set. Towns skill set allows him to be at the forefront of a middling team. Bam's skill set is more championship oriented, but is clearly a #2. Towns has been in the league for 7 seasons now and has nothing to show for it. So to be honest he's a looter in a riot right now.

Both are suited to a #2 player, it's just what they bring to the table that differs. It's the Kevin Love/Draymond Green argument all over again when they were both in their primes as #3's on a team.
This pretty much, it's why I put Bam higher. Towns is a great player but is it the Kevin Love argument. Putting up great numbers on a bad team (except this year) and not playing much defense. He is best suited as a #2 or on a loaded team he would be an AMAZING #3. Towns is way more talented than Love and I think he is capable of playing pretty good defense but I question his leadership. Just bc he can be a #1 on a bad team doesn't mean he is better than Bam. That being said I don't think Bam could be a #1 on a bad team...so I get the argument but his skill set is so damn good. Depends on what you need.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree he's not. I've said as much. But again circumstance of the roster dictate your role and impact on the team. Bam would not be able to carry the offensive load night in and night out. But at the same time KAT cannot anchor a defense the way Bam does.

Put it this way, if you took Russell Westbrook right now and put him on a team where he could just go do his thing, he'd put up monster numbers and for the most part that team would be around an 8th seed. But if the Lakers right now had the option of him or say Mike Conley to be their PG right now, who would they prefer? Conley easily. And Conley couldn't push a team by himself to an 8th seed because that's not his skill set.
i dont necessarily agrew with the RW thing- i dont think they would be the 8th seed. unless they had another all star talent like a Bradley Beal etc....kind of like last year.

Fit matters- but first you have to have LeBron James and Anthony Davis to be able to pick Conley.

Jimmy Butler and Kyle Lowry are not LeBron and Davis or Harden and Durant or Giannis and Holliday or Curry and Klay or paul and Booker where you can afford to pick your 3rd guy for fit.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But talent has to adjust to the roster around them, that's what makes a very good player a great one and a great player a legendary one. Towns crumbled with Butler and Wiggins and those guys are doing pretty damn good without him. You could make an argument with either player but Bam has to stay healthy to be in the conversation.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont necessarily agrew with the RW thing- i dont think they would be the 8th seed. unless they had another all star talent like a Bradley Beal etc....kind of like last year.

Fit matters- but first you have to have LeBron James and Anthony Davis to be able to pick Conley.

Jimmy Butler and Kyle Lowry are not LeBron and Davis or Harden and Durant or Giannis and Holliday or Curry and Klay or paul and Booker where you can afford to pick your 3rd guy for fit.

Yes but the argument myself, Shane, and BKS are all trying to say is that when evaluating a player you have to take into account what they top out as individually before you can properly assess. KAT hasn't shown he can be a #1 on a winning team. #1 on a bad team, sure. Bam has not shown (nor has anyone disputed otherwise) that he can be a #1 on a bad team. But he has shown he can be a #2 on a championship level team.

So in relation to the argument you have to consider the max potential both can have in certain situations. If you value KAT more because he can be a #1 on a bad team, then I guess that's your opinion. But on the flip side, we've never seen him be a capable #2 on a championship level team, which is what Bam has already proven.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

laughable.

I do think that Bam has a little cuck in him though. He is passive at times. He is never going to be among the top of the elite unless the grows a pair and tries to take over games.

This is the NBA. Thats what wins- All Stars taking over games. Not languishing in the background.

you can have a workmanlike performance night in and night out, and thats valuable- but thats not gonna win big and get you in the same conversation with the Embiids and Jokics and guys that put the responsibility on their shoulders. Thats not Bam- at least not yet. and the HEat will not take the next step to be among the elite teams until/unless he takes that next step.

A Thibs Miles Jimmy Butler, and a 35 year old Kyle Lowry aint gonna do it. Its gotta be him.

What does towns do better than bam outside of scoring?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

laughable.

The heat are already elite. You out here wanting Bam to play like he doesn't have other good players on his team

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draymond Green didn't make the trip to Memphis. Also GP2 and Otto Porter Jr. are questionable. Tonight's game is going to be a tough one. Last game we saw that with Klay's return, Andrew Wiggins took a bit of a backseat. He'll need to figure out his space to be able to do what he's been doing this season and provide that scoring punch when the offense starts to die down.

The Warriors are in their biggest offensive funk of the season by a wide margin. Against a team like Memphis that has a bunch of scrappy defenders, they'll need to figure out a way to be efficient without their top play maker in Draymond. I could see this game going either way, but would not be in the least surprise if Memphis wins by double digits, tbh.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 150,457.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Random thought. Every time I see Anthony Davis called AD I can’t help but think of the real AD. He was a generational running back named Adrian Peterson. He was nicknamed AD and it stood for All Day because he got stronger as the game went on and defenders wanted to tackle him less and less. Thinking of this definition, it does not seem to fit Anthony Davis. So from now on when you call him that, you can at least think of this. That is all.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Random thought. Every time I see Anthony Davis called AD I can’t help but think of the real AD. He was a generational running back named Adrian Peterson. He was nicknamed AD and it stood for All Day because he got stronger as the game went on and defenders wanted to tackle him less and less. Thinking of this definition, it does not seem to fit Anthony Davis. So from now on when you call him that, you can at least think of this. That is all.
I do hear two separate names for Adrian Peterson though too. AD = All Day and AP his initials. Too many damn nicknames, lets just call Davis, waterboy for now.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. No evidence that the Brow beats children with tree branches.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since the topic du jour is big men, there is a report, listed below, of the trade interest of a host of teams, one being the Lakers, in Indiana Center Myles Turner. All sorts of rumors getting stirred-up.