• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 NBA Season

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sixers are shaking off their Covid issues slowly but surely. Waiting on that Simmons saga to end. But they stand 2 games back of the two seed. Not too bad.

And 2 games in front of the 8 seed

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean really
Bingo. He hates the Heat so he will continue to post these long rants to try and sell everyone on why they are not a good team.

Watching this team, they are much better than that 2020 group. Best version of the Heat since the big 3 days. Championship level good if they stay healthy

To be fair the Spurs didn't really have a "take it over" guy either. Duncan is an all timer but he's not built like that

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sixers are shaking off their Covid issues slowly but surely. Waiting on that Simmons saga to end. But they stand 2 games back of the two seed. Not too bad.
We have the most road wins in the NBA.
But, we've played 7 more road games than home games.
And we're 8-8 at home.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have the most road wins in the NBA.
But, we've played 7 more road games than home games.
And we're 8-8 at home.
Yeah that 8-8 isn’t gonna stick. The good news on Covid is that most of the key participants have already had it (Knocks on wood).

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy is that guy as we saw in the finals vs lakers but this is a much more balanced team than that group so i don't think crazy games like that is needed.

Also role players don't avg 19 and 10 while being one of the top 5 defenders in the league. Stop it lol

Huge games don't need to be 40 point games. A 26/13/5 game while playing top level defense is a huge game as well

Bam is just fine and the year they made the finals, he had his share of dominant games in the playoffs and he is a much better player now.

You worry about your team and I'll worry about my team

Anything to hate on the heat. You are really a terrible poster
you are such a cry baby. No effing way you should make the argument the guy is the 2nd best big in the league and expect so little out of him.

Other guys are MVP candidates that you rank below him. This is just being butthurt.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. But they’ll improve upon their 8-8 home record.
I saw when Embiid plays they are 19-8.

When he plays they are one of the best teams in the league. when he doesnt they kinda suck.

Its why Embiid and Jokic are the best big men in baskebtall.

anyone who thinks that Bam Adebayo is in Embiid's league is kidding themselves. If you switched those two- does anyone think Philly is close to 19-8 when he plays?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you are such a cry baby. No effing way you should make the argument the guy is the 2nd best big in the league and expect so little out of him.

Other guys are MVP candidates that you rank below him. This is just being butthurt.

I wasn't making the argument. I post stuff tweeted from the page frequently. Doesn't mean i necessarily agree.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well since we are on the top of best bigs. Here is my list (this takes into account injuries and current play. Note: Giannis and KD are SF's, not true big men):

1. Jokic - offensively he is so gifted and his passing ability separates him from the pack, defensively he needs so work but he has the work ethic and passion.
2. Embiid -hasn't been the healthiest guy but when healthy he is the best big on both sides of the court
3. Gobert - the best defensive player in the NBA and improved offensively. Watching Utah play without him says it all
4. AD - When healthy he is a top 3 big man but it's hard to judge him at this point. Still he is such a good player on both ends I can't leave him out of the top 5.
5. Bam - Another guy who has all the talent but can he stay healthy. I'm not sure what his ceiling is, is the issue but he needs to stay healthy to find out.
6. Towns - needs work defensively but he isn't a liability. Probably the best shooting big in the game but a lot of questions about leadership. Crazy talented though.
7. Jarrett Allen - one of the best defensive centers in the game and like Bam one of the best perimeter defenders for bigs. He isn't as versatile as some of these big men offensively but he has greatly improved his post game.
8. DeAndre Ayton - very good on both sides of the court and a hell of a #3 on a team.
9. Draymond Green - amazing defensive player that is having an amazing season. He was very the best offensively but you can live with him being a 7th or 8th option scoring wise on a contending team.
10. Sabonis - This is a tough spot bc I see a lot of guys worthy for this spot but I think this is a different tier at this point. He isn't the best defensively but gifted offensively and he has a mid-range. Could be a #3 on a contending team if Indiana decides to part ways.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from John Hollinger:

East’s top-five reserves (in alphabetical order)​

Jarrett Allen, Cavaliers: Surprise teams tend to be over-represented at All-Star time, and there’s going to be a lot of momentum to select somebody from Cleveland. Fortunately, Allen has played well enough to clearly warrant one of three frontcourt reserve spots in the East. Shooting an absurd 70.5 percent from the floor — and not just on dunks, either — Allen has been a focal point on offense, while defensively he’s combined with rookie Evan Mobley to make Cleveland the league’s best rim-protecting defense. Cavs opponents shoot just 60.2 percent in the restricted area this season; the next best team is at 64.4 percent. That’s an All-Star impact.

total role player though. lol. Gotta say- even I did not think Allen would be THIS good THIS fast.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is your criteria for a true big man? Your list lacks consistency.

Bam is 6'9, 255. Dray is 6'6, 230.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well since we are on the top of best bigs. Here is my list (this takes into account injuries and current play. Note: Giannis and KD are SF's, not true big men):

1. Jokic - offensively he is so gifted and his passing ability separates him from the pack, defensively he needs so work but he has the work ethic and passion.
2. Embiid -hasn't been the healthiest guy but when healthy he is the best big on both sides of the court
3. Gobert - the best defensive player in the NBA and improved offensively. Watching Utah play without him says it all
4. AD - When healthy he is a top 3 big man but it's hard to judge him at this point. Still he is such a good player on both ends I can't leave him out of the top 5.
5. Bam - Another guy who has all the talent but can he stay healthy. I'm not sure what his ceiling is, is the issue but he needs to stay healthy to find out.
6. Towns - needs work defensively but he isn't a liability. Probably the best shooting big in the game but a lot of questions about leadership. Crazy talented though.
7. Jarrett Allen - one of the best defensive centers in the game and like Bam one of the best perimeter defenders for bigs. He isn't as versatile as some of these big men offensively but he has greatly improved his post game.
8. DeAndre Ayton - very good on both sides of the court and a hell of a #3 on a team.
9. Draymond Green - amazing defensive player that is having an amazing season. He was very the best offensively but you can live with him being a 7th or 8th option scoring wise on a contending team.
10. Sabonis - This is a tough spot bc I see a lot of guys worthy for this spot but I think this is a different tier at this point. He isn't the best defensively but gifted offensively and he has a mid-range. Could be a #3 on a contending team if Indiana decides to part ways.

Not mad at this list

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would DEFINITELY put Towns over Bam.

What Towns is doing is pretty incredible. Have you seen how his 3 pt shooting is? He is obviously not the defender Bam is- but he has SOOOOOO much more responsibility for that team its ridiculous. Bam benefits from basically being a guy operating in the background.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rondo with the game winning stop last night in Sacramento.

So far- 3 games Cavs are 2-1- and hes at about 10, 5, 4.

not bad for a lightly used backup wing.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Towns has definitely gotten better.

the other guys on his team are a 20 year old shooting guard, and DeAngelo Russell. That is it- and he has them at 20-20 in the West.

that is pretty damn impressive if you ask me. They are 18-15 when he plays.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would DEFINITELY put Towns over Bam.

What Towns is doing is pretty incredible. Have you seen how his 3 pt shooting is? He is obviously not the defender Bam is- but he has SOOOOOO much more responsibility for that team its ridiculous. Bam benefits from basically being a guy operating in the background.
You definitely could especially this season. Didn't think too hard on this list so it's pretty interchangeable.