• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 NBA Season

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you thiunk they are on the same level as the Bucks Nets Warriors Suns?

good luck with that
Nets and Warriors probably not but a series with the suns and bucks would be a toss up

Did you happen to miss what they did to a complete suns team on Saturday night with no Bam or Jimmy? It was only their best win of the season. Their 2nd best win was against the big bad Bucks squad with no Jimmy or Bam

I assume you did so here is a short version of it

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Suns but that team can be had. Crowder and Bridges are not consistent enough on offense for top teams to fear them in a best of 7

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean the Warriors play some damn good defense (been like that for awhile now). I keep forgetting is Cavs team is still extremely young. Your expectations as a fan get higher if you see your team play at a certain level but without Rubio and Sexton I probably just need to lower my expectations. This year was supposed to be a rebuilding year and they have exceeded that by far already. Without one of the two they just don't have enough guys that can create their own shot and a shot for others. Watching the Warriors last night they have a handful of guys that can create their own shot. Still like Wiggy said, probably looking at 1-3 more years, who knows exactly. I mean for example for the Warriors it was Steph's 4th year in the league where they made the playoffs and then won a series. Year 6 when they won it all. Obviously doesn't mean every timeline is the same but I think the next two years are stepping stones to be contenders, all depends on what moves they make and a lot of things though.

One playoff series to get these kids experience would be nice though.
Barring another bad injury would think we should make playoffs.

coming into season probably had similar expectations to you (figured absolute best case was 40 wins and might have been a longshot).

After seeing us before Sexton went down I really thought this team could compete for a home playoff series. Still thought outside chance until Rubio went down, too. Thought as they gained experience they could eventually compete in the East

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barring another bad injury would think we should make playoffs.

coming into season probably had similar expectations to you (figured absolute best case was 40 wins and might have been a longshot).

After seeing us before Sexton went down I really thought this team could compete for a home playoff series. Still thought outside chance until Rubio went down, too. Thought as they gained experience they could eventually compete in the East

By playoffs, are we including play in or the final 8?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for sure play in, but was thinking good shot at being in the 8....though another significant injury might not be able to be overcome.

Depends. 5 spots are locked up. The other 3 are up for grabs

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whaddabout da Bulls?
Are they chopped livah ??

:kev:
I think the Bulls are right in that next level that contains the Bulls, Jazz, Heat, maybe the Clippers and Lakers if they are healthy, maybe the Sixers depending on a Simmons trade.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,805.48
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Bulls are right in that next level that contains the Bulls, Jazz, Heat, maybe the Clippers and Lakers if they are healthy, maybe the Sixers depending on a Simmons trade.
Actually some of these teams are pretty much interchangeable in those so called top "levels" or "tiers" as the season moves along.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for sure play in, but was thinking good shot at being in the 8....though another significant injury might not be able to be overcome.
Cavs fighting with:

Boston, Toronto, Charlotte, Washington, Hawks, Knicks (i guess)

right now- considering youth and injury....I would prob ranks the teams as:

Boston
Toronto
Cavs
Charlotte
Washington
Hawks
Knicks

but who knows......Hawks I would have had higher before the season started. It would surprise me if Boston and Toronto were not in the top 8.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weird having Gobert above AD and that could change pretty easily when AD comes back but he hasn't been the same player this year and Gobert is probably the best defensive player in the NBA, easily the best big man defensively. When AD is on his game, he is a top 3 defensive big man and top 3 offensively.

Gobert shouldn’t be above AD or Townes.

Just not enough upside because of the lack of offensive contribution.

I think the debate between Bam and Gobert is legit. But it is a debate for #5.

Top 4 are clearly above right now, IMO.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do hear two separate names for Adrian Peterson though too. AD = All Day and AP his initials. Too many damn nicknames, lets just call Davis, waterboy for now.

Yeah, sorry, but Adrian Peterson will never be “AD” to me.

Doesn’t even make sense.

Call him “all day” for sure. But don’t abbreviate 2’1 syllable words. His initials are AP.

All day and AP are both suitable Knick names.

AD is Anthony Davis.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, sorry, but Adrian Peterson will never be “AD” to me.

Doesn’t even make sense.

Call him “all day” for sure. But don’t abbreviate 2’1 syllable words. His initials are AP.

All day and AP are both suitable Knick names.

AD is Anthony Davis.
No, "Street Clothes" is Anthony Davis

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gobert shouldn’t be above AD or Townes.

Just not enough upside because of the lack of offensive contribution.

I think the debate between Bam and Gobert is legit. But it is a debate for #5.

Top 4 are clearly above right now, IMO.
Bam over Rudy.

Bam can provide rim protection.

Rudy can't pass nor score like Bam.

Get Gobert to try to defend a smaller player away from the paint and he has little chance of survival.

Bam is better...imo