• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 NBA Season

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a good defensive coach. He's average to below average as an offensive coach. This team needs his defensive coaching.

It's not about being high on him as much as it is about folks not considering what has been going on with this team since the pre-season. Jumping to "fire the coach" without looking at the whole picture is just lazy.

I definitely agree that it isn’t fair to fire Vogel.

On the other hand though, if you stick with him through the next month, you are probably stuck with him all year.

If there is a better option out there (not saying there is) then it should be a consideration.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nunn helps with the offense and defense can be taught. Once everyone is healthy, they'll see who they can depend on defensively and who they have to figure out how to "hide" on defense.

And again, when we get to around Christmas and maybe the first couple of weeks in January, there should be more clarity on what they need to address.

What if they decide they have to hide everybody?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

On the other hand though, if you stick with him through the next month, you are probably stuck with him all year.

If there is a better option out there (not saying there is) then it should be a consideration.

It would have to be someone on the staff

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shannon said AD would be Tim Duncan if that was the case

I actually think he would be a lot better than that.

AD is a true unicorn and has athletic talents that Duncan couldn’t even dream of. Duncan was so great because he was a top competitor and as smart and unselfish as they come.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A better option is always going to be considered if one is available.

That's another reason why I think folks are way to quick to jump straight to "fire the coach". When you ask them "who are they going to get that is better?"...they never seem to have an answer.

If this team were healthy and having these issues, I'd likely be calling for his head too. But we also just saw 2 seasons where the Lakers were among the top defenses in the league and won a title in one of them. That should buy him a little more leeway than some folks seem to want to give.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I just hate what I see with the Russ fit even more than I disliked the theory of it over the off season.

I don’t think they can be a great offensive team with Russ and LeBron on the court together unless Russ takes a way back seat and they have 2 other perfect compliments along with AD.

Just my take based on what I have seen so far.

See, I think that in some ways, its actually worked a little better than I expected. Russ seems to be making a genuine effort to "ignore his baser instincts'' when Lebron is in. He's actually even been a little less than terrible from 3. He's at about 32-33% after being sub-30% in 5 of the last 7 seasons. Some of that is likely because he's not just throwing them up with no conscience.

There's definitely a long way to go and it still may not work, but I'm actually a little more encouraged than I was earlier on.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the bounce back offensively last night for the Warriors. They did well defensively in both games against the Suns but they were more efficient on offense which made the difference. Less turnovers and more than 12 points for an MVP candidate tends to help. Draymond is running away with DPOY, IMO

Also I bitched last game about Kerr giving Chiozza minutes over GP2 and this game the adjustment was made. He had a huge game for us.

Also shout out to JTA who played probably the worst game of his career against the suns and was benched last game. Came out and had a smooth 17/5/5 off the bench. Incredible mental toughness.

These two teams aren’t done with each other. Booker will be back. Klay, Iguodala and Wiseman will be back. Can’t overlook other teams in the West but IMO these are solidly the two best teams at the moment. Jazz are next up. If Jamal Murray gets healthy then the Nuggets might make things interesting.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with Osman taking a huge step this year we might be really deep when healthy. Of course, no sexton all year so wont be completely healthy this season.
Dean Wade too. Probably the two best pure shooters other than Garland

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And does not include Sexton. Clearly we can win without him, but season ending injury a killer as we cannot see him to know what to pay and/or opponents cannot see him who might have wanted to deal for him.

In addition, Osman only 26 and on a really nice contract.

Wonder if they'd extend Rubio and/or he'd now be open to it for another 1-2 years.
They have bird rights on Rubio. I remember when he was first traded to CLE I heard rumors he was not happy. Maybe they can get a little less than the $17M/year and work out a multi-year deal

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the bounce back offensively last night for the Warriors. They did well defensively in both games against the Suns but they were more efficient on offense which made the difference. Less turnovers and more than 12 points for an MVP candidate tends to help. Draymond is running away with DPOY, IMO

Also I bitched last game about Kerr giving Chiozza minutes over GP2 and this game the adjustment was made. He had a huge game for us.

Also shout out to JTA who played probably the worst game of his career against the suns and was benched last game. Came out and had a smooth 17/5/5 off the bench. Incredible mental toughness.

These two teams aren’t done with each other. Booker will be back. Klay, Iguodala and Wiseman will be back. Can’t overlook other teams in the West but IMO these are solidly the two best teams at the moment. Jazz are next up. If Jamal Murray gets healthy then the Nuggets might make things interesting.
JTA also had the dunk of the year for the Warriors posterizing JaVale

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conley played 1 game in the clippers series. He is pretty damn important to that team
not only that but its a progression. Utah was super young when they started. Donovan Mitchell is what? 3-4 years younger than when Curry won his first title? 3 years younger than when Jordan won his first title? Not saying he is those guys-----but not every team goes from 0-90 mph.

ITs a progression and you go a little farther and lose, and go a little farther and lose- until you break through. Utah certainly has that ability - especially if they stay healthy.

how long did it take Dirk to break through? ya know?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubling PG who was 0 for from 3, while leaving Kennard wide the fuck open, was the most nonsensical play calling as I've seen in years.

What's the point of having a defensive minded Coach when he doesn't have the kind of players to execute his schemes?

Howard and Davis are still good to great defensive players.

Rondo washed.

Jordan washed.

Avery Bradley, still pretty good defensively, between injuries.

Bazemore washed.

LeBron can get you a big stop. But, can only guard in spurts.

Westbrook not a good defender.

Monk, THT, ME7O? :pound:

The Lakers should have kept Caruso or KCP because your perimeter defenders can't stay in front of ANYONE.

Having Trevor Ariza won't fix that.

Don't get me started on the free throw shooting.
Caruso is going to make an All NBA defensive team.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Realized we had played a tough schedule but wow. There are 8 teams below .400 in the NBA. We have played 2 games against them. As of now, there are 8 teams above .600 and we have played 8 games against them. That will be 11 after our next 3 games.
like i said- a few days ago i saw some stat where opposing winning percentage wise--- Cavs have had the hardest schedule in the NBA- the difference between winning percentage from #1 and #2 was smaller than the difference between #2 and #12

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is the one guy that I really wish they hadn't let go.

I said at the time, I will say it again.

Keeping THT over Caruso was a terrible move for a team trying to win a title.

Terrible.

Caruso is exactly the type of role player they need.