• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 NBA Season

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're really high on vogel for some weird reason. Maybe im biased but i always thought he was avg at best when it comes to coaching and i think the lakers thought the same which is why they had J-Kidd as a backup plan when bringing in vogel. Bottom half of the league when it come to coaches

He's a good defensive coach. He's average to below average as an offensive coach. This team needs his defensive coaching.

It's not about being high on him as much as it is about folks not considering what has been going on with this team since the pre-season. Jumping to "fire the coach" without looking at the whole picture is just lazy.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree almost all of this. I think they're absolutely going to have to make some tweaks. I think that has also always been the plan.

The only part I disagree with is that I don't think they're offensive ceiling is low enough to keep them from contending with an average defense.

Figuring out the rotations was always going to be a challenge, even if fully healthy because there are guys who expect to play a lot that aren't going to or whose laying time is going to fluctuate. Throw in a bunch of injuries and it makes things that much tougher.

I think I should be the coach. I been telling my lakers fans friends since the summer that lakers can't play both dwight and dj

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nunn isn't a good defender at all. Ariza will help some but Nunn defense is pretty bad. That's the main reason him and duncan were never in Miami final 5 lineup

Nunn helps with the offense and defense can be taught. Once everyone is healthy, they'll see who they can depend on defensively and who they have to figure out how to "hide" on defense.

And again, when we get to around Christmas and maybe the first couple of weeks in January, there should be more clarity on what they need to address.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I should be the coach. I been telling my lakers fans friends since the summer that lakers can't play both dwight and dj

They aren't. In fact, I read yesterday that Dwight is now starting and DJ won't be playing nearly as much.

I'll let the Lakers know your available in case they decide to tank.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They aren't. In fact, I read yesterday that Dwight is now starting and DJ won't be playing nearly as much.

I'll let the Lakers know your available in case they decide to tank.

Where can i send my resume to?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat nearly played half of their road schedule already. 15th road game of the season. Will have played 21 road games before the end of year. Will only have 15 road games left by MLK day. Need to stay healthy

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a good defensive coach. He's average to below average as an offensive coach. This team needs his defensive coaching.

It's not about being high on him as much as it is about folks not considering what has been going on with this team since the pre-season. Jumping to "fire the coach" without looking at the whole picture is just lazy.
Doubling PG who was 0 for from 3, while leaving Kennard wide the fuck open, was the most nonsensical play calling as I've seen in years.

What's the point of having a defensive minded Coach when he doesn't have the kind of players to execute his schemes?

Howard and Davis are still good to great defensive players.

Rondo washed.

Jordan washed.

Avery Bradley, still pretty good defensively, between injuries.

Bazemore washed.

LeBron can get you a big stop. But, can only guard in spurts.

Westbrook not a good defender.

Monk, THT, ME7O? :pound:

The Lakers should have kept Caruso or KCP because your perimeter defenders can't stay in front of ANYONE.

Having Trevor Ariza won't fix that.

Don't get me started on the free throw shooting.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs are starting to really find their groove offensively now too. Good to see
Realized we had played a tough schedule but wow. There are 8 teams below .400 in the NBA. We have played 2 games against them. As of now, there are 8 teams above .600 and we have played 8 games against them. That will be 11 after our next 3 games.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nunn isn't a good defender at all. Ariza will help some but Nunn defense is pretty bad. That's the main reason him and duncan were never in Miami final 5 lineup
Nunn plays on one end of the court.

He is a bucket.

But, he was a below average defender before his injury.

The odds of him playing enough to become a plus defender, when Vogel's rotations are based on what name he draws out of hat , are slim to none.

I can see him being trade bait.

You aren't winning another title when you make the Luke Kennard's of the world look like Mark Price.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Realized we had played a tough schedule but wow. There are 8 teams below .400 in the NBA. We have played 2 games against them. As of now, there are 8 teams above .600 and we have played 8 games against them. That will be 11 after our next 3 games.
Garland finally looking like the player @WiggyRuss and I thought he would be.

I really like your young talent.

Not as flashy as the Hornets or Grizz.

Not as deep Atlanta.

But, it's all coming together nicely.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garland finally looking like the player @WiggyRuss and I thought he would be.

I really like your young talent.

Not as flashy as the Hornets or Grizz.

Not as deep Atlanta.

But, it's all coming together nicely.
with Osman taking a huge step this year we might be really deep when healthy. Of course, no sexton all year so wont be completely healthy this season.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree almost all of this. I think they're absolutely going to have to make some tweaks. I think that has also always been the plan.

The only part I disagree with is that I don't think they're offensive ceiling is low enough to keep them from contending with an average defense.

Figuring out the rotations was always going to be a challenge, even if fully healthy because there are guys who expect to play a lot that aren't going to or whose laying time is going to fluctuate. Throw in a bunch of injuries and it makes things that much tougher.
Yeah.

All this sounds about right.

But, I still say you'd be the team to beat if you put Russ' heart and motor in A.D.'s body.

You can score. You just can't stop anyone.

Y'all are a Dillon Brooks, Lu Dort away from being scary.

Ps. Did Westbrook pull a Kobe " I'm gonna let y'all see what it's like when I stop shooting" game?

8 shots?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot about the Clippers but I think he is out for the season
wonder if Sexton could come back for playoffs if we make it.

And, yes, I get we sure look good without him but another scorer cannot hurt. Plus, in order to move him or sign him might want to see him on the court first.