• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 NBA Season

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garland and Allen- on the road at Washington go for a combined 60 points, 21 rebounds and 12 assists on 24 or 34 shooting.

Beal got smothered tonight. Cavs defense is #3 in the NBA right now.

just hope they stay healthy, continue to gel, and finish a couple games over .500. Would be a huge leap for them. Anything more than that is just icing on the cake.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are a quarter away into the season. You continously talk like we are at the end of season. It is not even Christmas yet.

Suns/Warriors yet to play the Jazz..

The NBA don't play a 30-35 game season like CBB
I see what I see. Feel pretty confident about it.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers just keep leaving Kennard open. This lakers defensive strategy isn't good

They help and react waaaaay too much for an older team. Especially considering they've got players that aren't defensive stalwarts to begin with. It's too taxing to cover ground, know help assignments, get back, etc. He's trying to do a lot of the same stuff from teams of years past but that doesn't work with this roster. He's still juggling line ups a lot too. He's completely lost.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They help and react waaaaay too much for an older team. Especially considering they've got players that aren't defensive stalwarts to begin with. It's too taxing to cover ground, know help assignments, get back, etc. He's trying to do a lot of the same stuff from teams of years past but that doesn't work with this roster. He's still juggling line ups a lot too. He's completely lost.

Now is the time to fire him. Lakers don't play until Tuesday

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why do they get to replace him though?

not like he can do a whole lot there with the roster.

Dont get me wrong- if you have a healthy LeBron and AD- you have a chance to win a lot of games and win in the playoffs--- but that supporting cast just does not seem to work well around those guys.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just gotta say- for the Cavs to be 13-10 at this point with significantly the hardest schedule in the NBA, and all of the injuries they have dealt with is pretty impressive.

Love, Markenen, Mobley, Okoro, have all missed a significant amount of games. Sexton of course is out for the season.

Its a shame Sexton is out since I read a stat where when Garland is on the floor Cavs are at 110.00 pts per 48 minutes and 95 pts per 48 when he is off. Sexton would have helped that considerably.

Even if they moved Sexton to the bench- having a bench of Sexton, Love, Rubio and Osman would be pretty solid to complement the starting lineup of Garland, Okoro, Markenen, Mobley, Allen.

Allen was such a huge move. So many people said the Cavs overpaid and that looks pretty foolish now. One of the underated parts of Allen- beside his play- is the fact that he protects Mobley. Mobley is 20 years old, still has a lot of filling out to do and strength to gain. Allen allows him to not be "the" big man on the floor and lets Mobley do what he does best.

Cavs defense has been its calling card thus far- defense has been one of the best in the league- because teams just do not have their size. Mobley and Allen both can defend on the perimeter. Markenen has handled playing the 3 well- and even if some 3's are quicker- they s till have to contend with Mobley and Allen if they get by Markenen.

Okoro, Markenen, Mobley and Allen is a lot of height and length for opposing teams to deal with.

all of this is not to say the Cavs are this great team yet- they are not. They are still super super young. Still make mistakes and turn the ball over. They still need more firepower on offense- especially with Sexton out---- but you can finally see the pieces start to come together- and with the core all tied up long term (beside Garland who the will undoubtedly sign)- we should see a lot of these guys stay together for the next 3-4 years.

Maybe next year or the year after- when they fill in around the edges and these guys develop- you will see a team that can make some noise- but in the meantime- watching a solid team of young guys that play with a lot of energy is fun- especially after the tanking and rebuilding.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its of course early, but this is the most shots per game that LeBron has averaged since 2009-2010.

he is also at 36.9 minutes per game.

only guy averaging more minutes per game in the NBA is Fred Van Fleet.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I looked at their schedule today. They some good wins but relatively weak. The thing is Beal is not playing good this season, his %’s are not good and they are still 4 games over. I think teams like Philly and Atlanta are better. The way CLE is playing, they are too

I mean.

We knew they weren’t going to be an upper echelon team in the East.

I was hoping they could avoid a play in game, but now not so confident in that.

The season has ebbs and flows. Hopefully the start is closer to who this team really is than the last few days.

But either way it looks like a 1st round exit is the ceiling.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are also the homer that said GS was the best team in the nba

Will Ferrell Reaction GIF

Honestly?

I am laughing at the notion that Phoenix is clearly better than Golden State.

That is very prisoner of the moment.

Golden State has been every bit as good as Phoenix to start the season AND they have played 0 games with their 2nd best player who is due back soon.

I don’t know what will happen if these 2 teams meet in the playoffs. Should be a great series.

But if I had to make a bet today it would be on GS.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think utah match up great with both teams actually....especially phoenix

Then there is also the fact that being better than someone 21 games in doesn't mean all that much

I don’t know.

Hard for me to buy Utah.

They do this every year and flame out early in the playoffs.

They are one of those teams. Great defensively, but I am not sure they have enough offensive firepower to win a series against an equally good team that is prepared for them.

Yeah, I know they are first in offensive efficiency. But they do this every year and then look like a totally different team in the playoffs.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@tlance

you still think Wiseman has more value than Garland?

I think Wiseman has about 5 times more trade value than you give him credit for.

He is all untapped upside at the moment, but he is young enough and raw enough that building teams will absolutely covet him.

Garland is turning into a very good player. So no, he doesn’t have more value today.

But you are still wrong about Wiseman’s trade value.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Wiseman has about 5 times more trade value than you give him credit for.

He is all untapped upside at the moment, but he is young enough and raw enough that building teams will absolutely covet him.

Garland is turning into a very good player. So no, he doesn’t have more value today.

But you are still wrong about Wiseman’s trade value.
He knows.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think utah match up great with both teams actually....especially phoenix

Then there is also the fact that being better than someone 21 games in doesn't mean all that much
So why are talking contenders 21 games into the season?

:crazy:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know.

Hard for me to buy Utah.

They do this every year and flame out early in the playoffs.

They are one of those teams. Great defensively, but I am not sure they have enough offensive firepower to win a series against an equally good team that is prepared for them.

Yeah, I know they are first in offensive efficiency. But they do this every year and then look like a totally different team in the playoffs.

I hear you but just way too early to act like there's no chance they can make the wcf or beat the warriors/suns in a series. 4.5 months left of basketball before we even get to the playoffs

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why do they get to replace him though?

not like he can do a whole lot there with the roster.

Dont get me wrong- if you have a healthy LeBron and AD- you have a chance to win a lot of games and win in the playoffs--- but that supporting cast just does not seem to work well around those guys.

His defensive philosophy is silly. This is a coaching issue. He was trapping Paul George last night consistently for no reason which led to Kennard being open all the time. Lakers win that game last night with a different defensive strategy