• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 NBA Season

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wonder if Sexton could come back for playoffs if we make it.

And, yes, I get we sure look good without him but another scorer cannot hurt. Plus, in order to move him or sign him might want to see him on the court first.

Your Cavs are fun bunch to watch this season. Really like this NBA league pass.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 143,961.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubling PG who was 0 for from 3, while leaving Kennard wide the fuck open, was the most nonsensical play calling as I've seen in years.

What's the point of having a defensive minded Coach when he doesn't have the kind of players to execute his schemes?

Howard and Davis are still good to great defensive players.

Rondo washed.

Jordan washed.

Avery Bradley, still pretty good defensively, between injuries.

Bazemore washed.

LeBron can get you a big stop. But, can only guard in spurts.

Westbrook not a good defender.

Monk, THT, ME7O? :pound:

The Lakers should have kept Caruso or KCP because your perimeter defenders can't stay in front of ANYONE.

Having Trevor Ariza won't fix that.

Don't get me started on the free throw shooting.

It’s ok, go ahead and start!!!

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evan Mobley- 20 years old
Darius Garland- 21 years old
Jarret Allen- 23 years old
Lauri Markenen- 24 years old
Isaac Okoro- 20 years old

all are under control for years to come except Garland- who they will undoubtedly pay.
And does not include Sexton. Clearly we can win without him, but season ending injury a killer as we cannot see him to know what to pay and/or opponents cannot see him who might have wanted to deal for him.

In addition, Osman only 26 and on a really nice contract.

Wonder if they'd extend Rubio and/or he'd now be open to it for another 1-2 years.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your Cavs are fun bunch to watch this season. Really like this NBA league pass.
Imagine how fun it is as a fan of them. Obviously, that team won more but these guys are so much more likeable than the Finals teams. They also seem to play their asses off every game...even if a bunch of them are out sick or hurt. Only game I can recall we were never in it was the first Suns game.

Trojan, and I believe mecca were spot on about Mobley.....though not even sure they thought he's be this good so early.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garland and Allen- on the road at Washington go for a combined 60 points, 21 rebounds and 12 assists on 24 or 34 shooting.

Beal got smothered tonight. Cavs defense is #3 in the NBA right now.

just hope they stay healthy, continue to gel, and finish a couple games over .500. Would be a huge leap for them. Anything more than that is just icing on the cake.
and this..... There are 8 teams below .400 in the NBA. We have played 2 games against them. As of now, there are 8 teams above .600 and we have played 8 games against them. That will be 11 after our next 3 games.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just gotta say- for the Cavs to be 13-10 at this point with significantly the hardest schedule in the NBA, and all of the injuries they have dealt with is pretty impressive.

Love, Markenen, Mobley, Okoro, have all missed a significant amount of games. Sexton of course is out for the season.

Its a shame Sexton is out since I read a stat where when Garland is on the floor Cavs are at 110.00 pts per 48 minutes and 95 pts per 48 when he is off. Sexton would have helped that considerably.

Even if they moved Sexton to the bench- having a bench of Sexton, Love, Rubio and Osman would be pretty solid to complement the starting lineup of Garland, Okoro, Markenen, Mobley, Allen.

Allen was such a huge move. So many people said the Cavs overpaid and that looks pretty foolish now. One of the underated parts of Allen- beside his play- is the fact that he protects Mobley. Mobley is 20 years old, still has a lot of filling out to do and strength to gain. Allen allows him to not be "the" big man on the floor and lets Mobley do what he does best.

Cavs defense has been its calling card thus far- defense has been one of the best in the league- because teams just do not have their size. Mobley and Allen both can defend on the perimeter. Markenen has handled playing the 3 well- and even if some 3's are quicker- they s till have to contend with Mobley and Allen if they get by Markenen.

Okoro, Markenen, Mobley and Allen is a lot of height and length for opposing teams to deal with.

all of this is not to say the Cavs are this great team yet- they are not. They are still super super young. Still make mistakes and turn the ball over. They still need more firepower on offense- especially with Sexton out---- but you can finally see the pieces start to come together- and with the core all tied up long term (beside Garland who the will undoubtedly sign)- we should see a lot of these guys stay together for the next 3-4 years.

Maybe next year or the year after- when they fill in around the edges and these guys develop- you will see a team that can make some noise- but in the meantime- watching a solid team of young guys that play with a lot of energy is fun- especially after the tanking and rebuilding.
I guess I could understand all the flak we got in the offseason. Having three 7 footers is different but these are not just back to the basket players. Allen might be more an inside guy on O, but LM can spread the D and hit 3s while Mobley seems like he can do everything. In addition, on D, Mobley and Allen can guard anyone.

May not quite be there yet but take 2 of the next 3 (or maybe even 1 but play the other 2 close) and it might be starting to think this team can make some noise THIS year. Even without a ton of guys we put up a fight against GS, Brooklyn and Phoenix. In addition, we are 13-6 when Mobley plays and as pointed out that's with an incredibly tough schedule.

Love watching this team play....would add I also like that since they are so young and don't know much success they don't look past anyone nor take their foot off the gas like previous older contending teams did.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine how fun it is as a fan of them. Obviously, that team won more but these guys are so much more likeable than the Finals teams. They also seem to play their asses off every game...even if a bunch of them are out sick or hurt. Only game I can recall we were never in it was the first Suns game.

Trojan, and I believe mecca were spot on about Mobley.....though not even sure they thought he's be this good so early.

Like I've said in the past I'm a Celtics fan first (because of my dad). But I always have rooted for the Cavs and want them to do well.

As of right now gonna be moving back to NE Ohio next summer. Both myself and my wife are fed up with CO. Which is a little weird for her since she's originally from here.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He knows.
He might be a bit off about Wiseman but I'm curious if you even read entire comments or do you see who made the comments then make yours accordingly?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I've said in the past I'm a Celtics fan first (because of my dad). But I always have rooted for the Cavs and want them to do well.

As of right now gonna be moving back to NE Ohio next summer. Both myself and my wife are fed up with CO. Which is a little weird for her since she's originally from here.
Akron area or not sure yet?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe you and @WiggyRuss can meet up?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kawhi played most of that series. Conley did not.

Kawhi played 4 of 6 while Conley played 1 of 6. Big difference

Who win that series if both played 1 of 6?

I don’t know.

But Utah lost both games without Kawhi.

Like I said, they seem to find a way to lose in the playoffs. Until they prove otherwise, that is the book on them.

I will never project them to beat a superior opponent when they can seem to get past inferior ones.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

You: It's too early in the season. It's not even Christmas yet.

Also you: A team with 12 new faces that hasn't had it's full roster available and whose best player has missed half the season needs to fire their coach because he hasn't figured out rotations yet.
Ya gotta love this forum?

Come on...ya know you want to use it here.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, I still say you'd be the team to beat if you put Russ' heart and motor in A.D.'s body.

If Russ' heart and motor could be put in ADs body, he could damn near win the title by himself. lol

You can score. You just can't stop anyone.

Y'all are a Dillon Brooks, Lu Dort away from being scary.

Agree. Thats why I think the plan all along has been to make some tweaks later in the season. As I have said, this team was never going to be any better than average on defense. Even at 100% full strength. It will be interesting to see what tweaks are made, assuming they are able to make any.

Ps. Did Westbrook pull a Kobe " I'm gonna let y'all see what it's like when I stop shooting" game?

8 shots?

lol

No. It looks like the Lakers want him to only go "full Russ" when Lebron is out, play more under control when Lebron is running the offense and let the offense ''come to him'' instead of forcing things. He's still trying to adjust to that and Lebron missing as much time as he has, hasn't helped. He's actually had a couple of games with Lebron that I thought were about perfect for when Lebron is playing. He had about 17-20 points, 6 or 7 assists, 6 or 7 rebounds and most important...only a couple of turnovers.

Last edited:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree almost all of this. I think they're absolutely going to have to make some tweaks. I think that has also always been the plan.

The only part I disagree with is that I don't think they're offensive ceiling is low enough to keep them from contending with an average defense.

Figuring out the rotations was always going to be a challenge, even if fully healthy because there are guys who expect to play a lot that aren't going to or whose laying time is going to fluctuate. Throw in a bunch of injuries and it makes things that much tougher.

Yeah, I just hate what I see with the Russ fit even more than I disliked the theory of it over the off season.

I don’t think they can be a great offensive team with Russ and LeBron on the court together unless Russ takes a way back seat and they have 2 other perfect compliments along with AD.

Just my take based on what I have seen so far.