• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 NBA Season

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the warriors fans if they lose tonight

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never saw those guys play but Deion was the best corner I ever saw and terrific running back kicks and pretty good as a receiver

Add in being an all-star baseball player and GOAT is a legit topic with him

If he had dedicated himself to track, I believe he would've run sub 10 seconds in the 100 meter dash and maybe even below 9.9 seconds.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They ran into an equally excellent Spurs team. No question the first year losing to the Mavs were a result of growing pains..I think the lure to get a title for Cleveland was enough for him coupled with the fact Cleveland lucked into the kind of player they normally can't get in FA in Kyrie.

The Spurs were an excellent team.

The weren’t on the Heat’s level in terms of talent though. Miami had the 2 best players on the floor, arguably 3 best.

Duncan was well best prime and Kawhi hadn’t fully arrived yet.

But the Spurs pieces fit a lot better. Which was why the Spurs were probably the better overall team spanning the 2 years they met.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And exactly where did I say LeBron's prime years weren't in Miami? I was talking about numbers in individual seasons. I even said that.

You're actually saying that averaging 26.8/8.0/7.3 is better than 30.0/7.9/7.2, 27.5/8.6/9.1 or 27.4/8.5/8.3? Okay, but I disagree.

Part of my #3038 comment- LeBron's best stats year(s) wasn't in Miami

I clearly stated I was talking about individual seasons.

No.

I don’t care about the numbers. You were arguing a point made by somebody else that LeBron’s best years were in Miami.

The numbers don’t tell tue full story here.

The best version of LeBron was in Miami playing alongside Wade and Bosh. His numbers were down because he shared responsibility more with 1 guy who was the closest thing he ever had to a teammate peer and another who was his best ever 3rd option.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well said and applies to NFL refs, as well...which IMO is tougher to officiate.

I disagree with NFL being tougher.

Reason being football officials have specific things they are looking for based on their position.

Basketball officials have to look for a lot more. There is some positional responsibility, but they occupy all positions during the flow of a game.

I have a friend who played college basketball and later reffed both basketball and football at the collegiate level. He never played or even really followed football growing up.

He said football was easier to officiate for the reasons above. And he was clearly a basketball guy.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

I don’t care about the numbers. You were arguing a point made by somebody else that LeBron’s best years were in Miami.

The numbers don’t tell tue full story here.

The best version of LeBron was in Miami playing alongside Wade and Bosh. His numbers were down because he shared responsibility more with 1 guy who was the closest thing he ever had to a teammate peer and another who was his best ever 3rd option.

"No."

"I don't care about the numbers." <---- I fell outta my chair laughing at this (so numbers don't matter if they don't fit what you're trying to say, got it)

:laugh3:

So you gotta issue with what I said but wanna ignore the numbers. Now that's damn funny, thanks for the laugh. And one more thing. I wasn't arguing with anyone. The person I responded to is a proven homer. He's the same fella that blamed the refs for a poor shooting half the Heat had in a game recently.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with NFL being tougher.

Reason being football officials have specific things they are looking for based on their position.

Basketball officials have to look for a lot more. There is some positional responsibility, but they occupy all positions during the flow of a game.

I have a friend who played college basketball and later reffed both basketball and football at the collegiate level. He never played or even really followed football growing up.

He said football was easier to officiate for the reasons above. And he was clearly a basketball guy.

I'd agree basketball is harder

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Spurs were an excellent team.

The weren’t on the Heat’s level in terms of talent though. Miami had the 2 best players on the floor, arguably 3 best.

Duncan was well best prime and Kawhi hadn’t fully arrived yet.

But the Spurs pieces fit a lot better. Which was why the Spurs were probably the better overall team spanning the 2 years they met.

On no planet has Chris Bosh ever been better than Tim Duncan.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sean Taylor deal has gotten larger than life. It really sucks he got shot but dude was not even close to that good.
Sean Taylor was an absolute beast and the best safety Ive seen play

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sean Taylor was an absolute beast and the best safety Ive seen play

Bro Eric Berry has a HOF monitor score of 54 in 89 games. Taylor's is 16 in 53.

Again....Taylor was a very good player and he very well could've taken it to another level but I think the fantasy is starting to become more than reality.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bro Eric Berry has a HOF monitor score of 54 in 89 games. Taylor's is 16 in 53.

Again....Taylor was a very good player and he very well could've taken it to another level but I think the fantasy is starting to become more than reality.
Yeah unfortunately 3 1//2 seasons is not enough to tell what kind of player he could have been...he is no Kenny Easley. He only played 7 and was a beast...and if he was a long way from Deion

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"No."

"I don't care about the numbers." <---- I fell outta my chair laughing at this (so numbers don't matter if they don't fit what you're trying to say, got it)

:laugh3:

So you gotta issue with what I said but wanna ignore the numbers. Now that's damn funny, thanks for the laugh. And one more thing. I wasn't arguing with anyone. The person I responded to is a proven homer. He's the same fella that blamed the refs for a poor shooting half the Heat had in a game recently.

Do you honestly think the numbers tell the whole story?

Like even close?

How many all defense teams did he get his second stint in Cleveland? How many MVPs?

His defense regressed for multiple reasons. First, he was getting older. Second, he had to carry a larger offensive burden in Cleveland (hence the numbers boost).

You are way oversimplifying if you think those stats imply he was better in Cleveland and that nothing else need be considered.

And that is why I said I don’t care about the numbers.

Last edited:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On no planet has Chris Bosh ever been better than Tim Duncan.

I mean.

Of course.

But Duncan is like 10 years older than Bosh.

Not like we are comparing prime vs. prime.

2014 was probably pretty close between who was better.