• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 NBA Season

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 143,961.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think Kuminga will get a lot of minutes tonight

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you honestly think the numbers tell the whole story?

Like even close?

How many all defense teams did he get his second stint in Cleveland? How many MVPs?

His defense regressed for multiple reasons. First, he was getting older. Second, he had to carry a larger offensive burden in Cleveland (hence the numbers boost).

You are way oversimplifying if you think those stats imply he was better in Cleveland and that nothing else need be considered.

And that is why I said I don’t care about the numbers.

Well one of those season was in Los Angeles. And I never said his best total years weren't in Miami. Again I was comparing his numbers in single seasons. Never said anything about comparing his numbers in just Cleveland & Miami.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you honestly think the numbers tell the whole story?

Like even close?

How many all defense teams did he get his second stint in Cleveland? How many MVPs?

His defense regressed for multiple reasons. First, he was getting older. Second, he had to carry a larger offensive burden in Cleveland (hence the numbers boost).

You are way oversimplifying if you think those stats imply he was better in Cleveland and that nothing else need be considered.

And that is why I said I don’t care about the numbers.

He must think those Russ triple double years is the best individual season in nba history since he's all about the numbers

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well one of those season was in Los Angeles. And I never said his best total years weren't in Miami. Again I was comparing his numbers in single seasons. Never said anything about comparing his numbers in just Cleveland & Miami.

Obviously no LA year was his best season. Didn’t think I even needed to talk about that.

And if you aren’t arguing that the 2nd stint in Cleveland was better than Miami, then what exactly is your point in bringing up these numbers?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with NFL being tougher.

Reason being football officials have specific things they are looking for based on their position.

Basketball officials have to look for a lot more. There is some positional responsibility, but they occupy all positions during the flow of a game.

I have a friend who played college basketball and later reffed both basketball and football at the collegiate level. He never played or even really followed football growing up.

He said football was easier to officiate for the reasons above. And he was clearly a basketball guy.
They might have to look for a lot more but most of what they call takes place around where the ball is. also not as many guys in one area. On a pass play, there can be 12 or more players all in the same area.

I mean, on a pass to the sideline, one ref has to see if the receiver catches the ball, gets both feet in, completes the catch after he lands, was he interfered with....and often do it with a guy draped all over the receiver.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With James playing.....the line has moved to the Lakers are favored by 2.....not a 2 point dog.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They might have to look for a lot more but most of what they call takes place around where the ball is. also not as many guys in one area. On a pass play, there can be 12 or more players all in the same area.

I mean, on a pass to the sideline, one ref has to see if the receiver catches the ball, gets both feet in, completes the catch after he lands, was he interfered with....and often do it with a guy draped all over the receiver.

I have reffed basketball. It is very difficult.

I am just relaying what a friend told me who has done both at a high level.

I know a couple other people who ref both at the high school level and I have never heard anyone say that football is harder.

Not saying football is easy, just not as difficult as basketball.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
while I'd say it's NFL and don't think it's that close only thing I'm sure of is baseball far easier than both.

Have you reffed either?

Or just going by gut feeling?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bitch about inconsistency. Like when Draymond grabs Garland’s arm. Draymond is such a punk
draymond green lol GIF by NBA