• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 NBA Season

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i didnt say i am ready to "quit" on him.

i just doubt he can be a guy who has a real impact this year. he is going to be a project. he isnt aguy with a natural feel for the game. he doesnt have a very good head on his shoulders for the game from everything that has come out.
I mean…this is an entirely reasonable take.

He had flashes last year but overall he was not good. But there’s optimism because of what he produced as a guy who played 3 college games and didn’t play organized basketball for over a year before playing with the Warriors as a 19 year old. Of course there will be growing pains and he will be a project.

Last year also didn’t help in that he was playing with some really inefficient and lower IQ teammates than he will have now. Better passers and better spacing will help ease him into his natural roll man position. Or at least that is my hope.

Lots of Warrior fans wanted to cut their losses with Jordan Poole after his first year too. He’s coming around now. The learning curve for bigs are greater too, which makes what Mobley is doing very impressive. Wiseman needs time and if he fails, I think it will be more or an organizational failure than a player one. He’s got the tools, it’s going to be about putting in the effort to build him up instead of short term returns. Which of course is even harder to do when you’re trying to compete at the highest levels.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Covid hasn’t been kind to the Sixers. They’ve now dropped 4 in a row without Joel Embiid. I’ve also read that Embiid was having a rough go with it as well. So who knows if the impact of Covid will linger when he comes back.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Covid hasn’t been kind to the Sixers. They’ve now dropped 4 in a row without Joel Embiid. I’ve also read that Embiid was having a rough go with it as well. So who knows if the impact of Covid will linger when he comes back.

Joel has the immune system of an 80 year old cancer survivor

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,254.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's early.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiseman is a project but a project to add value off the bench. He doesn't need to be any more than that.

I think that sometimes we want to make a bigger deal out of "draft position" than it really deserves. Maybe for a teal like the Lakers (for example) Wiseman wouldn't be worth a #2 because they have plenty of size...but for a team like the Warriors, who lack size, he is because he provides something they lack. As a very young player, they can also develop him to provide exactly what they need.

It's not that dissimilar to a team overpaying a player because they lack cap space to bring in someone better and that player provides something that team needs (see Tristan Thompson).

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rubio to Boston.

I’m curious how that trade would look.

It would basically guarantee Boston as a taxpayer and I just don’t buy they’ll give up a free 10m for this version of the team

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never heard of him actually

You will. He's a young, up and coming player. he's not going to be in the GOAT convo or anything...but I could see him maybe making an all star game or 2 if the Lakers can continue to develop him.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
13 games into the season and Herro is at 21/6/4 on about 46% shooting