• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 NBA Season

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said Murray twice. And Sexton isn't on that level really either. I know teams have injuries but those 4 are game changers
Not on that level and reason I wouldn't count all the Cavs guys with those guys is the ones you and BK mentioned I believe have been out all season.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers are without 3 players (Horton-Tucker, Nunn, and Ariza)
Jazz are without Rudy Gay
Wiz are without Rui
Heat are without Oladipo
Memphis are without Brooks unless he came back earlier this week

All players who can play and are being added to their clubs without losing anyone
And the Sixers should they deal Simmons who won’t play a minute for them this year

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat crushing the Jazz in Utah

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 151,725.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the radio here they're already stressing about will Poole be ok going to the bench and being the 6th man....it's a good problem to have
I think Poole will be smart enough to go right along with it

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i wonder if/what the Bulls and Heat will get from this.....itll be interesting

i wouldnt be surprised if they got no punishment- i wouldnt be surprised if it was fairly harsh....who knows.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter where he was picked, all that matters is can he add to this already good team? The answer is definitely yes, they need size and length as rim protection and another option to score helps too.

It's like Wiggins. He'll never live up to his #1 draft pick status, and he's wildly overpaid. But he's on the team and thriving in that Harrison Barnes 3rd/4th best player on the team role.

But sure keep doubting, makes it more fun as they keep winning.
Wiggins is actually a solid starter.

And - as i said in the post---- he needs development- he can improve.

but hes not going to be a net positive for a while. Of course no one thinks right now that he was worthy of #2.

this was my post from last y ear and it all still stands as true from various sources:

James Wiseman is having more problems than expected to adapt to the NBA. The big man landed in a struggling team that is trying to find their touch in the league this season but things haven't gone in their favor. That has affected everybody on the roster and the rookie isn't the exception.

The former Memphis Tiger is receiving more criticism every day and recently, two analysts heavily criticized him for his downgrade. He started the season having good performances, showing flashes of his potential but things have changed for Wiseman in recent months. He was sent to the bench, his struggles are more visible now and he doesn't seem to find the solution to that problem.

Zach Lowe and Nick Friedell of ESPN recently discussed the Wiseman situation and both analysts agreed that the player looks lost, worse than he was at the beginning of the campaign. On the latest edition of the 'Lowe Post' Podcast, Friedell went off on the 20-year-old, (via Redditor "JoeBiden2020FTW").

Friedell: "Wiseman is worse right now than he was to start the year."
Lowe: "It's unquestionable. He's lost".
Friedell: "They thought he would hit the ground running. That hasn't happened. He hasn't been good at all... the early returns simply aren't good".

At this point, I don’t have to tell you that James Wiseman did not live up to the somewhat lofty expectations he had entering his rookie season for the Golden State Warriors. Yeah… he didn’t exactly run away with the Rookie of the Year Award like some people thought he would.

With the benefit of hindsight, it is not too surprising to see that Wiseman struggled as a rookie. He only played three games in college, after all. Plus, the limited offseason and lack of Summer League or a full training camp could not have helped him much. I mean, Wiseman had roughly a month between finding out he was on the Warriors and suiting up in his first NBA game

Wiseman has been ruled out for the remainder of the season with a torn meniscus. While an injury such as this might have been a huge cause for concern in the past, modern medicine lends us to believe Wiseman will be just fine by the start of next season. However, he must overcome this one damming statistic.

I’m not going to give you some ridiculous, convoluted advanced stat that shows you how bad Wiseman was as a rookie. No, let’s keep this simple. You really don’t need to look any further than Wiseman’s minutes per game compared to the rest of his class to see how much he was struggling to transition to the NBA.

Wiseman played just 21.4 minutes per game in his rookie season. Not bad, until you consider 18 players from his class were able to rack up more minutes each night than the No. 2 overall pick. What’s more, Wiseman played the fewest rookie minutes of any top-three NBA Draft pick since Markelle Fultz, who played just three fewer minutes at 18.1 per game in 2017.

The sheer fact that Wiseman was not even able to remain on the floor when his role as simple as rebounding the ball and setting screens for his teammates is a tough pill to swallow. In all honesty, it doesn’t get much easier for an NBA player to be tall and work around the rim. Wiseman ranked in the bottom half of the league as a pick-and-roll man and placed in the bottom 10 percent of post-up players this season.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough to find offense tonight. Garland is doing everything but with Stevens out now as well, that is less wing depth too. If Mark and Love would come back finally that would help. Just too big of a load to carry

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggins is actually a solid starter.

And - as i said in the post---- he needs development- he can improve.

but hes not going to be a net positive for a while. Of course no one thinks right now that he was worthy of #2.

this was my post from last y ear and it all still stands as true from various sources:

James Wiseman is having more problems than expected to adapt to the NBA. The big man landed in a struggling team that is trying to find their touch in the league this season but things haven't gone in their favor. That has affected everybody on the roster and the rookie isn't the exception.

The former Memphis Tiger is receiving more criticism every day and recently, two analysts heavily criticized him for his downgrade. He started the season having good performances, showing flashes of his potential but things have changed for Wiseman in recent months. He was sent to the bench, his struggles are more visible now and he doesn't seem to find the solution to that problem.

Zach Lowe and Nick Friedell of ESPN recently discussed the Wiseman situation and both analysts agreed that the player looks lost, worse than he was at the beginning of the campaign. On the latest edition of the 'Lowe Post' Podcast, Friedell went off on the 20-year-old, (via Redditor "JoeBiden2020FTW").

At this point, I don’t have to tell you that James Wiseman did not live up to the somewhat lofty expectations he had entering his rookie season for the Golden State Warriors. Yeah… he didn’t exactly run away with the Rookie of the Year Award like some people thought he would.

With the benefit of hindsight, it is not too surprising to see that Wiseman struggled as a rookie. He only played three games in college, after all. Plus, the limited offseason and lack of Summer League or a full training camp could not have helped him much. I mean, Wiseman had roughly a month between finding out he was on the Warriors and suiting up in his first NBA game

Wiseman has been ruled out for the remainder of the season with a torn meniscus. While an injury such as this might have been a huge cause for concern in the past, modern medicine lends us to believe Wiseman will be just fine by the start of next season. However, he must overcome this one damming statistic.

I’m not going to give you some ridiculous, convoluted advanced stat that shows you how bad Wiseman was as a rookie. No, let’s keep this simple. You really don’t need to look any further than Wiseman’s minutes per game compared to the rest of his class to see how much he was struggling to transition to the NBA.

Wiseman played just 21.4 minutes per game in his rookie season. Not bad, until you consider 18 players from his class were able to rack up more minutes each night than the No. 2 overall pick. What’s more, Wiseman played the fewest rookie minutes of any top-three NBA Draft pick since Markelle Fultz, who played just three fewer minutes at 18.1 per game in 2017.

The sheer fact that Wiseman was not even able to remain on the floor when his role as simple as rebounding the ball and setting screens for his teammates is a tough pill to swallow. In all honesty, it doesn’t get much easier for an NBA player to be tall and work around the rim. Wiseman ranked in the bottom half of the league as a pick-and-roll man and placed in the bottom 10 percent of post-up players this season.
Tl/dr. The writers didn't think the Ws would be good this year either.

Wiseman is a project but a project to add value off the bench. He doesn't need to be any more than that.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okoro is basically only playing bc of defense. He is tentative to even go up for a layup. He has a long way to go

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1) We have yet to even see him play this season so this sounds like a crazy assumption.

2) Who in round 1 was worthy of their selection outside of the top 2? The dude from the Kings and that's about it. That was a really bad draft.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) We have yet to even see him play this season so this sounds like a crazy assumption.

2) Who in round 1 was worthy of their selection outside of the top 2? The dude from the Kings and that's about it. That was a really bad draft.
But if you are picked #1, doesn’t matter what draft, the expectations are high. Kid has a ton of athleticism just needs to learn the game

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if you are picked #1, doesn’t matter what draft, the expectations are high. Kid has a ton of athleticism just needs to learn the game

He was picked 2 but I get your point. I'm just not ready to quit on the kid after 1 year in any sport. Let's see where he is when he's due for that extension. That is usually the time when you know if you're good or not. I would be lying though if I say I don't get Marvin Bagley vibes from him but.