• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 NBA Season

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind him really. That Westbrook trade was worth taking a shot on.

I do and I don't. I never agreed that it was a good trade, especially since they had the Hield trade all but complete.

I understood, but didn't necessarily agree with, the logic behind it. But, I figured that if AD could stay healthy, Lebron would be able to make it work.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with Pelinka is that his previous job as agent hasn't exactly enamored him with other GMs and owners. Negotiations can start off negatively just because he is involved.

I don't think that's really a problem. What the problem is nowadays is that it's all about money.

Playing for the Lakers used to mean something. Just like playing for the Knicks or Celtics did too. Now people just follow the money no matter how small or shit the team is.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...so long as the trade is in their favor. I still think it costs them some leverage (along with his lack of experience in the position).

That goes without saying with any GM. At least the ones who want to stay employed. I don't think any of them are going to be taking lesser deals just because they don't like the other GM.

If they are choosing between two offers that are basically even, they may choose the non-Lakers offer...but that would have more to do with not wanting to help the Lakers as not liking Pelinka.

His lack of experience is a concern, but from what Kobe used to say about him, he's smart and he's the NBA exec version of a grinder. Those are traits you want in a GM. As far relationships, other GM's will get over themselves.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That goes without saying with any GM. At least the ones who want to stay employed. I don't think any of them are going to be taking lesser deals just because they don't like the other GM.

If they are choosing between two offers that are basically even, they may choose the non-Lakers offer...but that would have more to do with not wanting to help the Lakers as not liking Pelinka.

His lack of experience is a concern, but from what Kobe used to say about him, he's smart and he's the NBA exec version of a grinder. Those are traits you want in a GM. As far relationships, other GM's will get over themselves.

I just fear everything about the established front office of the Lakers, from the Buss family down to Pelinka and the hiring process for the new coach. I think their scouts are probably OK, lol.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just fear everything about the established front office of the Lakers, from the Buss family down to Pelinka and the hiring process for the new coach. I think their scouts are probably OK, lol.

There's obviously been a learning curve. We went through the Short Buss years, so Jeanie in some ways is kind of a "new owner". At least in the sense of the buck stopping with her and Pelinka made a couple of mistakes early on. Heck, in all honesty, the biggest, most costly mistakes were made by Magic.

But Magic is untouchable in LA, so those deflected onto the organization rather than him.

Also, outside of the Westbrook trade, most of Pelinka's moves have been praised, but injuries derailed things. Remember going into the season after they won the title and folks were saying they had improved a roster that had just won a title. Even then, they were up 2-1 on the Suns before AD got hurt again.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said nothing wrong, he is going to do his job in spite of what anyone might think.
Yeah, wtf is the difference between what OKC is doing and what Houston is doing?

Oh, I know....

Houston is sitting a healthy max player while OKC played Cp3, Shroeder when they had them?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No comfort.
Shocked George Costanza GIF

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam would be a dope to take that job. Nobody is winning with that mess on the roster. This would be his first head coaching gig. When you fall short on a LeBron team the narrative becomes that it’s everybody else’s fault. Spo seems to be the only coach LeBron didn’t get fired.
Taking a high profile Head Coaching job vs. Being an assistant?

Walton left the Dubs for the Lakers and did an absolute SHIT JOB.

Got fired and had another head job less than a week later.

If he was already the Head guy somewhere, I'd be with you.

But, I absolutely agree about being the LeBron fall guy.

He should still take the job if offered.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it really killed Lue's career. Lebron gets coaches to the finals. Lue got a job post-Lebron. Mike Brown got a job post-Lebron (and may be in the mix again for the Lakers). Walton was crap and still got immediately signed by the Kings after being fired by the Lakers.

There is hardly a roster currently to be a mess. You have Lebron, AD, and a soon to be traded Westbrook. If that becomes Lebron, AD, Hield, Brogdon and a new assortment of vet min deals (and THT, Reaves, etc) that you can help to choose and assemble, is that a mess? Hardly.
Damn...

I should have read your post and said ditto.

There are only 30 jobs available.

You always kick the tires if you don't have one of them.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. This is tough. Unfair to Sexton to put him in here though bc of the lost season.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taking a high profile Head Coaching job vs. Being an assistant?

Walton left the Dubs for the Lakers and did an absolute SHIT JOB.

Got fired and had another head job less than a week later.

If he was already the Head guy somewhere, I'd be with you.

But, I absolutely agree about being the LeBron fall guy.

He should still take the job if offered.

Walton was 39-4 filling in for Kerr during '15-'16 season. Then it's been all downhill from their for him. He's not a good HC.

I don't remember what Walton had to work with roster wise his three years in LA-LA Land and don't care enough to look it up. But I'm gonna blame his record on Lakers management. Here's why...

dave-chapelle-chapelle-show.gif

His time in Sacramento. This is the one stop of his coaching career where it's possible his failure isn't all his fault. The Kings are the Cleveland Browns of the NBA. Haven't had a winning record since '05-06 (44-38). And have had 11 coaches in 16 seasons. Coach # 12 will be next season.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are the Knicks going to give Barrett a max deal?!?!

Ewwwwww.

Barrett has a $32.7 million free agent hold in 2023 and a contract that starts at $23 million would actually give the Knicks more cap flexibility next offseason. If an extension does not get done, it will be for one of two reasons: * Barrett sees himself as a $181 million player, the same contract that the Grizzlies Ja Morant will receive in July. (Per Second Spectrum tracking, 69 players have attempted 800 layups and dunks since Barrett entered the league in 2019-20. He ranks last in field goal percentage on those shots among that group at 49.9%.) * The Knicks might wait, as an extension would take Barrett off the trade market if a deal to acquire an All-NBA type player arises this summer.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are the Knicks going to give Barrett a max deal?!?!

Ewwwwww.

Barrett has a $32.7 million free agent hold in 2023 and a contract that starts at $23 million would actually give the Knicks more cap flexibility next offseason. If an extension does not get done, it will be for one of two reasons: * Barrett sees himself as a $181 million player, the same contract that the Grizzlies Ja Morant will receive in July. (Per Second Spectrum tracking, 69 players have attempted 800 layups and dunks since Barrett entered the league in 2019-20. He ranks last in field goal percentage on those shots among that group at 49.9%.) * The Knicks might wait, as an extension would take Barrett off the trade market if a deal to acquire an All-NBA type player arises this summer.
bill hader laugh GIF