• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 NBA Season

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 27,016.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For sure, picks will be included. Brogdon never had the severity of injury that Hayward endured. That said, if he gets a relatively clean bill of health this summer, I wouldn't close the door on Hayward talks. He'd be a solid fit with Lebron and AD so long as he can stay healthy.
Brog and Hield fit better.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 27,016.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's obviously been a learning curve. We went through the Short Buss years, so Jeanie in some ways is kind of a "new owner". At least in the sense of the buck stopping with her and Pelinka made a couple of mistakes early on. Heck, in all honesty, the biggest, most costly mistakes were made by Magic.

But Magic is untouchable in LA, so those deflected onto the organization rather than him.

Also, outside of the Westbrook trade, most of Pelinka's moves have been praised, but injuries derailed things. Remember going into the season after they won the title and folks were saying they had improved a roster that had just won a title. Even then, they were up 2-1 on the Suns before AD got hurt again.
Yep.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rudy won it before playing the same amount of games as Bam did this year. Smart was an afterthought for this award until Williams got hurt . You would think the celtics defense after Williams went down got better with how he came out of nowhere to win this award.

Like Bam said, if he isn't first team all defense then it is politics at this point.

Smart, like Bam, should be a DPOY contender every single year.

He is the best perimeter defender in the league, IMO.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But can we say for sure he's better than all these others?

That is the kind of list that is going to change every season.

Today?

I rank like this:

Poole, Herro, Maxey, Sexton, Brunson

Next year could be opposite

I love Brunson, just think everyone else has a significantly higher ceiling.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Today?

I rank like this:

Agree, I think Brunson would be the near but ceiling? That’s a different story. I mean Brunson just put up 40 with no Luka. Poole had some great game next to the two best shooters of all-time….for example. Hard to rate honestly.

Sexton is an unknown bc like you said it’s a season by season thing. If we are going by ceiling I would put Maxey at the top imo but Herro and Poole are right there too.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Today?

I rank like this:

Agree, I think Brunson would be the near but ceiling? That’s a different story. I mean Brunson just put up 40 with no Luka. Poole had some great game next to the two best shooters of all-time….for example. Hard to rate honestly.

Sexton is an unknown bc like you said it’s a season by season thing. If we are going by ceiling I would put Maxey at the top imo but Herro and Poole are right there too.
Who would you guys compare Maxey’s game to? I have my own but I’m a Homer and I may be over shooting so I wanted hear who you guys would think first.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slightly better shooting worse ball handling Marbury
High praise and a tip of the cap bringing me back to that time of basketball. I can see this because of the way these guys utilize speed in their games. I was going to go with pre injury Derek Rose or Spida Mitchell at the top end. If he doesn’t take his defense to a new level (I think he will; he has the talent and he works like no other) I can see a Lou Will.

Either way, this dude was such a surprise and exactly what Sixers fans needed to deal with the reality that Ben Simmons was a failure here.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rose was such a dynamic guy that he had the ceiling of being possibly the best player in the league this side of Lebron or Durant. I don't think Maxey gets there. I see Marbury because of explosiveness and similar size. Marbury was more point guard than Maxey is though. I also stopped short of Iverson because again...he was an alpha and I don't think Maxey will be. But he can be a nice number 2 or 3.

For where he was picked...huge get for the Sixers.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven’t watched him a ton…

But I think he is more explosive than that.

Maybe like a poor man’s Baron Davis?

Baron is another nice comp. He isn't a primary ball handler like Baron though. And Baron is the better defender.

Maxey is a unique guy for sure.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rose was such a dynamic guy that he had the ceiling of being possibly the best player in the league this side of Lebron or Durant. I don't think Maxey gets there. I see Marbury because of explosiveness and similar size. Marbury was more point guard than Maxey is though. I also stopped short of Iverson because again...he was an alpha and I don't think Maxey will be. But he can be a nice number 2 or 3.

For where he was picked...huge get for the Sixers.
Agree with all of this. Where Maxey has something in common with A.I. is his ability to finish around the rim and that desire to be the guy that takes the big shot, to go next level when the lights come on. But you’re right…there’s only one A.I. and some of that is good from a Maxey perspective. AI career is over and we still don’t know who he can actually play with outside of a group of 4 role players who could defend and didn’t want shots so AI could take 35 ha.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with all of this. Where Maxey has something in common with A.I. is his ability to finish around the rim and that desire to be the guy that takes the big shot, to go next level when the lights come on. But you’re right…there’s only one A.I. and some of that is good from a Maxey perspective. AI career is over and we still don’t know who he can actually play with outside of a group of 4 role players who could defend and didn’t want shots so AI could take 35 ha.

The upside of Maxey is that he's willing to pick his spots. That's a big plus for him as part of a championship contender.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The upside of Maxey is that he's willing to pick his spots. That's a big plus for him as part of a championship contender.
Agreed. Some guys with his level of talent can’t come in to a team with alphas and be able to make an impact. He seems to have that ability to go or hold back. What has to come is a better sense of when to do either. That will come with experience and you can see growth in that regard this year with guys like Harris Embiid and Harden bringing him along. Sam Cassell needs to get credit as well. Maxey has been his special one on one project and if people are smart, while he will get hired this summer as a head coach

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, wtf is the difference between what OKC is doing and what Houston is doing?

Oh, I know....

Houston is sitting a healthy max player while OKC played Cp3, Shroeder when they had them?

They wanted to work out a trade.

It happens

Hou got the best odds at 1-1 so it’s fine

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. This is tough. Unfair to Sexton to put him in here though bc of the lost season.

I'm biased

Herro
Poole
Maxey
Brunson

Yup.

But, even if we use last season, he'd be last for me.

Garland is the guy who would upset this apple cart.

Are we taking contract over in general?

Cause Brunson is gonna get paid. A lot

While maxey Herro and Poole are on rookie deals

I think overall it’s tough. This is how they were this year based on raptor

Brunson
Poole
maxey
Herro
Sexton

And the gap is reasonable.

I’m not sure anyone jumps Brunson next year

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brog and Hield fit better.
Are you aware that this is all just a hypothetical trade thrown out there by a writer?

Even Stein is walking back the Charlotte deal because the Lakers actually believe they have options.

From Lowe.....

“Russell Westbrook, Talen Horton-Tucker, two unprotected first-round picks for Buddy Hield and Malcolm Brogdon,” he said on his podcast Thursday. “Who says no to that?”

What do you think Pacers fans? Do you want Russell Westbrook?

To be clear, Lowe was not reporting this; simply throwing the Pacers out as a possible destination for Westbrook in a breakdown of the Lakers situation.

“I think that's a really intriguing one,” ESPN’s Kevin Pelton said on Lowe's podcast. I would probably do that if I were the Lakers.”

But would the Pacers pull the trigger? Probably not, Peloton said.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Long story short, we ain’t throwing this guy away for a player that makes $47 million who should be a sixth man at this point… Don’t even think about it.